State of the Union

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
But dude, if someone gets the car to 90 with the brakes cut and bails, it's totally the new drivers fault if he doesn't immediately halt things magically.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I absolutely fucking hate that Obama did not put an end to that shit, I consider him Bush 2.0 concerning the NSA/Prism and even the fucking TSA. Maybe it was childish optimism thinking he would curb that shit but either way he is fucking the pooch with that, but Bush also started two fucking wars and anyone who thinks Obama is worse than Bush is fucking down right fucking stupid and should stop wasting oxygen.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
The guy who started the shit and 2 wars is worse than the guy that didn't end it, logic and critical thinking are things you seem incapable of.
Perpetuating these measures is just as bad as implementing them. On top of that, Obama is much more insidious than Bush. I suppose he's great if you're into superficial charm and frequent flip-flopping, but he's the complete opposite of the progressive candidate that people supported. Wiretaps, TPP, drone strikes, an economy that's somehow worse than the one under Bush's presidency -- these are just a few examples that make up his legacy.

Vaclav

You underestimate how difficult things are to change. Billy Joel wrote that song for a reason.

Desire and ability are rarely the same in reality.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Please show me the voter base in this country that would support REDUCING protection against terrorist attacks and I will show you a politician that will support it. Good fucking luck.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Perpetuating these measures is just as bad as implementing them. On top of that, Obama is much more insidious than Bush. I suppose he's great if you're into superficial charm and frequent flip-flopping, but he's the complete opposite of the progressive candidate that people supported. Wiretaps, TPP, drone strikes, an economy that's somehow worse than the one under Bush's presidency -- these are just a few examples that make up his legacy.
Economy isn't worse, drones are good, didn't invade Iran, winded down the idiotic war in Iraq, followed through on Osama.

Better than Bush in every way.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Please show me the voter base in this country that would support REDUCING protection against terrorist attacks and I will show you a politician that will support it. Good fucking luck.
most people want exactly that

Update: Polls Continue to Show Majority of Americans Against NSA Spying | Electronic Frontier Foundation

Poll: Most Americans now oppose the NSA program

Prosecute James Clapper, Voters In Five State Polls Say

I think your conclusions are wrong, there are plenty of things a majority of americans dislike but they have to suffer through because of politicians

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Holy fuck and I thought it wasn't possible for you to have anything worse than your opinion regarding the Rangers, you are one seriously retarded person.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Economy isn't worse, drones are good, didn't invade Iran, winded down the idiotic war in Iraq, followed through on Osama.
The way drones are used is not good, they are terror weapons that seem to create more terrorism than they are stopping

Economy is worse if you aren't a 1%er sure the stock market is up from the quantitative easing that's churning in the stock market,95% of the economic gainssince the bailout have gone to the 1%. however thelabor participation ratefor working age people is much worse now than when he took control, where a small % of americans got wealthier while the rest got poorer.

Whether or not we should have invaded Iraq he squandered the gains to have a stable 1/2 civilized iraq that could be economically exploited and let it slide back into chaos to make a pointless useless surge into afghanistan which was a retarded failure of a military move.

he did try to go to war with syria let's not forget and failed miserably while making america look weak at the same time

he's actually worse than bush in many aspects, Machiavelli makes it clear, you either have to be feared or loved. Obama is neither feared or loved by the rest of the world, he's weakened the respect america had greatly, at least the world feared bush.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
that case is a false equivilence you are trying to make and it's more complicated than you portray it

Supertouch who is worse, the kid who got drunk and killed 4 people or the judge that let him off on affluenza?
that same judge tried to get apoor black child killerinto rehab but the places wouldn't take them, the sentancing "crime" is that the other kids parents could send him to rehab which not everyone can do, but that's what they tell Juvinile judges to do, try to rehabilitate CHILDREN if it's possible, that's nowhere near the same equivilence you are trying to make.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
most people want exactly that

Update: Polls Continue to Show Majority of Americans Against NSA Spying | Electronic Frontier Foundation

Poll: Most Americans now oppose the NSA program

Prosecute James Clapper, Voters In Five State Polls Say

I think your conclusions are wrong, there are plenty of things a majority of americans dislike but they have to suffer through because of politicians
People dont like the NSA because on TV people are saying how terrible NSA spying is. What do you think the average joe will think when he gets home from work, cracks open a beer, turns on the boob tube and hears some pundit and/or politician yell about how President X is destroying our security and how we will all get bombed to hell? They will shit themselves is what they will think, forget about the spying and demand the government protects them more. You know how I know? Because thats what happened with the Patriot Act.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I understand we went temporarily insane, but that's been greatly diminished.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I understand we went temporarily insane, but that's been greatly dimished
People are irrational, emotional and just straight up retarded when acting in large numbers with others. You scare this mass of stupidity and they will demand and support the worst possible things. History is pretty clear on this and I doubt this will ever change in the US since the majority of our population are ignorant and uneducated and because of that, are easily scared.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
that case is a false equivilence you are trying to make and it's more complicated than you portray it

that same judge tried to get apoor black child killerinto rehab but the places wouldn't take them, the sentancing "crime" is that the other kids parents could send him to rehab which not everyone can do, but that's what they tell Juvinile judges to do, try to rehabilitate CHILDREN if it's possible, that's nowhere near the same equivilence you are trying to make.
Im not making a racial fucking equivalence you fucking dumb ass, the person responsible is worse than someone who lets them get by with it.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I wasn't making a racial equivalence either, that judge tries to rehabilitate kids futures if it's possible in any way, I tried to use the example of the other kid to show that, that specific judge would have let the complete opposite kid off if she could have, "affleunza" case is awful but even the psychologist who used the term wishes he could take it back because it's wildly exaggerated against. It's just not a good equivalence

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
he said his hypothetical son could look like Trayvon (a point that no one is even attempting to disagree with)?
I would have disagreed with it, but I'm not qualified. They all look alike to me.

I enjoy watching people shit themselves with terror from their certainty that any day now, Obama's UN squads are going to bust down their doors and take all their guns away.

Even when absolutely nothing gun control related managed to pass after 25 6 year old kids were shot to death people STILL think the great Hitler is going to set the constitution on fire, dissolve Congress, and send troops door to door to disarm us.
I like how you mentioned the UN and still managed to be ignorant of the ATT.

Vaclav

Ignorant of something not enforced or enforceable that we didn't even agree to this most recent reup of it?

The same thing Reagan and Bush Sr supported when it was considered in the past....

It doesn't do what you think it does, but it's good to see you believe the garbage on The Blaze.com though.