Stephen King's The Dark Tower

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The first four books I absolutely adored in my teen years.

My parents bought me the second book to shut me up in the car while on vacation and the next two I purchased day one. I thought the story was awesome. As I watch the trailer it looks like something for Underworld.

Roland is supposed to be gaunt and malnourished. That guy in the trailer is way too goddamn healthy.

I hoped that if this was ever made into a movie series it would be a gritty western vibe with some odd post apocalyptic artifacts thrown in here and there. Instead we get this mess. I should be watching a grizzled clint eastwood type stalking through a frontier town blasting every single fucker to death slowly and methodically. Why am I seeing him throw cylinder reloads in the air like a Resident Evil bit?

Get off my lawn.

Last edited:
  • 6Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Don't know shit about the books and don't care enough to read them.

That being said, I'm totally down to watch Luther kick ass for 2 hours

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Loved most of the books and the 'real' ending.

Idris Elba is such a fucking badass that I already like him as Roland. He exudes the self assured attitude that makes the gunslinger who he is.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Loved most of the books and the 'real' ending.

Idris Elba is such a fucking badass that I already like him as Roland. He exudes the self assured attitude that makes the gunslinger who he is.

The movie is the real ending.

f313m.png

Not fake, not an edit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The movie is the real ending.

View attachment 137123

Not fake, not an edit.

I get that, I just meant that I loved that he started back at the beginning but this time he had picked up the horn.

If they really want to be awesome then the kid will die in this movie and Roland will pull him back through from a different timeline where the boy feels 'thin'.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
It has been like 20 years since I read the books, but the trailer seems to be far removed from what I remember. Why are there orcs and why is the Gunslinger doing gang crime in Harlem? And I will be pissed if he doesnt kill an entire village like a killing robot.

Its not even close to the original, you're right. But then again it doesn't have to be I suppose outside of a couple wide beats. He has the horn this time. Going to wait on reviews for this one.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
It was probably just my feeble Cajun brain lacking reading comprehension, but I never understood what the 'reloading trick' was in the books. Was that it, because that's pretty cool.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Knowing nothing about the books the trailer looked pretty good to me. Definitely will watch.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If this is a sequel that gives a real end to the story then I might be down for that. That would certainly be easier to pull off than actually doing a movie of the story from the books.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
At the end he will blow the horn only to discover he is actually pan sexual Asian girl and must complete the circle one more time. In a tutu

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If this is a sequel that gives a real end to the story then I might be down for that. That would certainly be easier to pull off than actually doing a movie of the story from the books.

Before this nonsense the real end of the story was supposed to be the poem. The poem is the story of the final journey. The book ends with it. You're supposed to read the poem and then that's the end.

There they stood, ranged along the hillsides, met
To view the last of me, a living frame
For one more picture! In a sheet of flame
I saw them and I knew them all. And yet
Dauntless the slug-horn to my lips I set,
And blew. "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came."

Roland goes back through everything, gets to the tower, blows the horn, and that's it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Looks horrible.
looks nothing like the dark tower. why fucking bother?
roland never goes into our world until book 6?
house monster and portal is in a house, not a fucking brownstone.
no eddie and susannah.
jake never gets killled by The Pusher to enter Roland's world.
Flagg is now a B movie villain.
no Walter, or Tull, or Lud or Blaine
:(

:(

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thats not Roland's personailty at all. he is in desperation mode most of the time, he only gets calmer after drawing his ka tet.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't mind this. Should be fun. Pretty sure this is supposed to take place after the Dark Tower series because... something something

He has the fucking horn in his possession.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I don't mind this. Should be fun. Pretty sure this is supposed to take place after the Dark Tower series because... something something

He has the fucking horn in his possession.

Yeah. Not to mention he ..

.. he has slightly more than the 5 or so bullets he has for the first 3 books or so.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I have a feeling this movie will be way better for folks who havnt read the books.