Suicide Squad (2016)

Column_sl

shitlord
That sucks thats he trying to do an imitation of Heath Ledger. Like listen to when he says "before I kill you..."

It's the whole point to make Joker your own thing. That's what Jack, and Ledger did.

Ah well, I really don't have high hopes for this movie anyway. Even the cartoon movie version was dumb.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I can't wait for this to fail along with superman v. batman and fantastic four, I'm not a Marvel fanboi, but come on, these DC movie just suck trash.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like I should care about this movie, but I just don't. Is there something I should be reading that might sway me? The New 52 version looks like it might be interesting.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I feel like I should care about this movie, but I just don't. Is there something I should be reading that might sway me? The New 52 version looks like it might be interesting.
2011 new 52 or the newer new 52 suicide squad? cuz 2011 new 52 suicide squad ended a few months ago and it was bleh, newer new 52 suicide squad, is bleh.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Although all signs point to dogshit for these movies I'm bizarrely expecting them to pull it off.

There have been a lot of "this is gonna suck balls" comic book movies released in the past few years that have exceeded expectations.

Apart from the Fox movies of course.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
There have been a lot of "this is gonna suck balls" comic book movies released in the past few years that have exceeded expectations.
Besides XMen New Class / Days of Future Past what other movies? MAYBE very early Guardians but once the first trailer came out with the raccoon nut grab I think that silenced a lot of people.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Besides XMen New Class / Days of Future Past what other movies? MAYBE very early Guardians but once the first trailer came out with the raccoon nut grab I think that silenced a lot of people.
You don't remember when people were shitting on Heath Ledger for being the Joker before it came out?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You don't remember when people were shitting on Heath Ledger for being the Joker before it came out?
TDK was 2008, 7 years ago, right on the cusp of IronMan 1 and Marvel domination, but that year also had a lot of shit:
hulk
punisher warzone
non marvel:
wanted
hancock
the spirit

fucking christ if it wasn't for ironman/TDK, The Spirit alone could have tanked the whole genre.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I certainly expected Guardians to be crap when it was announced. I sure was wrong about that I'm happy to say.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was confident in GotG from the start, because it was from Marvel/Disney.

That said, I went back after it came out and was awesome and a gigantic hit. Wanted to check the thread to see how many dipshits were down on it. It wasn't nearly as many as I remembered. Keg, trollingly, and like 2 other people. Otherwise people were pretty much cautiously optimistic.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Eh, I'm optimistic. I liked the direction Superman took and I think DC is finally starting to learn a bit. I wish it were Sony making this instead of Warner Bros (I think it was Warner Bros) since then they could use Marvels advisers in making it as per their Spiderman deal.

Column_sl

shitlord
I knew GOTG was going to be a hit, I bet my Avatar on it.

That being said, I bet Suicide Squad will just do alright. Only thing I can see working for it is Jared Leto will bring in all the Tweens so it might open well.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Recent cast picture posted online

Vw0k81u.jpg