Suicide Squad (2016)

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Nah, you are right. he was saying those things to save face with the studio, cover his own ass, and try to salvage the film. The theatrical cut is obviously not the original cut of the film, anyone with a pulse can see the amateur level cuts and edits done to the film, notice the visual tone differing vastly from the random pop song added on top, etc.

He made that statement about it being "his cut" early on, when there was a chance the film would break even and they needed to squash the criticism.

Now that it appears this movie will join Man of Steel and BvS as financial flops for the studio, more and more "insiders" and revealing this shit was all WB execs going full retard like they always do.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I wish they would learn from their mistakes!

They've got legions of fans who are super-eager to love these movies, and access to writers and directors who can do their franchises justice. Stop fucking around with trying to copy Marvel and editing your movies into choppy, directionless schlock. These characters and their fans deserve better.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
will smith mad as fuck

Will Smith added, “Dude threw a dead pig on our read through table. Dude was in character at 6am during breakfast, pissing in my oatmeal and shit. I can’t be more clear. I hate Jared Leto and his 30 Seconds To Mars Bullshit. I hate him and I wish he could just act and be normal and shut up. I don’t think the dude has a “normal” though and we should all stop giving him attention. No matter what my PR guy says this is how I really feel.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Start of the movie exposition was awful, cringy and made me dread the rest of the movie.

Middle of the movie was fine despite suicide squad making no sense as a team. Harley was great but why is she on the team?

End was cliché riddled bullshit. Enchantress sudden movie British accent was dumb, CGI brother was dumb, blue sky beam was stupid again. Waller murdering her own staff just made me feel bad.

Harley was awesome, Joker was good, just lose the emo tats. This should have been a deadshot/suicide squad movie with waller as baddie and a separate Joker/Harley movie.

I've not seen Hulk but every MCU movie is better than this. Not seen BvS but this is probably about as good as man of steel with better characters worse plot.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Will Smith said:
Will Smith added, “Dude threw a dead pig on our read through table. Dude was in character at 6am during breakfast, pissing in my oatmeal and shit. I can’t be more clear. I hate Jared Leto and his 30 Seconds To Mars Bullshit. I hate him and I wish he could just act and be normal and shut up. I don’t think the dude has a “normal” though and we should all stop giving him attention. No matter what my PR guy says this is how I really feel.
f7FdEdG.jpg

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I torrented this movie and still feel ripped off. I give this a really weak 2/10 because of how awful the script/plot was. Everything was super predictable and lines were cheesy. Nothing wrong with the actors, they were just told to juggle a set of turds for 2 hours and that was that

I like Jai Courtney so I really wish he'd get to be the lead in something good. Varro has it in him

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Start of the movie exposition was awful, cringy and made me dread the rest of the movie.

Middle of the movie was fine despite suicide squad making no sense as a team. Harley was great but why is she on the team?

End was cliché riddled bullshit. Enchantress sudden movie British accent was dumb, CGI brother was dumb, blue sky beam was stupid again. Waller murdering her own staff just made me feel bad.

Harley was awesome, Joker was good, just lose the emo tats. This should have been a deadshot/suicide squad movie with waller as baddie and a separate Joker/Harley movie.

I've not seen Hulk but every MCU movie is better than this. Not seen BvS but this is probably about as good as man of steel with better characters worse plot.

Harley may not shoot flames but she is physically VERY strong and durable. She basically has undergone what made the joker the joker and makes them both really a lot tougher than you would expect.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
oops apparently it was not the joker treatment that gave her a bit of mojo it was poison ivy.

The most superhero-esque of Harley Quinn's abilities is her healing factor. She gained it thanks to a potion given to her by Poison Ivy, whom she entertains a not-so-platonic relationship with. The remedy also increased her agility and speed, and made her immune to poison and toxins.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The only part I realyl liked was the Joker and Harley. The thought of Leto fucking with them all made it even better. It wasn't like TDK but would have been disappointing if it was, glad they did something different.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I will probably get this because i feel like the movie was on the cusp of being enjoyable but was clearly butchered in post.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Should I watch it now and again when extended cut comes out or just wait for the EC... sounds like maybe EC is way to go.

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
This movie was so much fucking worse than I expected. There was zero character development and the little vignettes at the beginning didn't help matters. For the life of me, I can't understand what purpose Joker served. Seems like he was shoehorned into random scenes for fan service.