Feanor

Karazhan Raider
giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
finally saw this, whats with all the helicopters crashing but no one dyeing/getting hurt? Literally 3 full crashes, and the characters just walk out. Also why the fuck were they fighting Puddy Men from Power ranger?

Bad movie was bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Saw this while I'm still in Brazil. This was not great but the people seemed to like it. Theater was mostly full. Had a little glimmer of hope from the trailer but after hearing about the "flashbacks" I was hesitant. I think they had a studio monkey piece this thing together because the pacing and progression was some of the worst I've seen. In the bar scene you could tell what it could have been.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What a fucking hot mess this was. There were some individual bits that were fine (mostly Harley and Boomerang), but the whole thing felt like it was edited together in one night of coke-fueled insanity. None of has any kind of flow, or progression, or buildup, it's just a slapdash of scenes only very loosely connected to each other.

Why was Katana in this movie agian? She shows up out of nowhere, is completely redundant to the bombs in their necks, has almost no dialogue in the movie, then cries a bit at the end? I don't get it.

The Joker was actually painful to watch. Holy shit I expected it to be bad, and it was worse than I thought it was gonna be. It's like they watched this music video from a decade ago and thought "THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT KIDS LIKE THESE DAYS RIGHT GUYS" and just went with it.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The movie was awful, awful, awful. Worse than some characters, just the editing. WORSE than the editing, was the script. BUT....the worst was really the direction.

Holy shit. There wasn't a defined tone throughout the whole movie. Since minute 1, was drama, action, comedy, a bit of romance, melodrama, comedy, action,etc..... wtf?? You really couldn't know how to react, do we cry? do we laugh? ffs horrible.

When a jai courtney's character is a plus in any movie, something is very wrong.

2/10 - burn it with fire

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
finally saw this aaaaand.. meh.

Could have been alot better just by removing one person from the squad (to give the rest more screen time) and not having enchantress in the movie at all. Especially not as the villain since she vastly outclasses the rest of the team combined. It made zero sense when she started fighting them with swords, for example.

Trailers made it seem like the Joker would have a bigger part, and I figured he was the villain. THAT would have made a lot more sense and could have been an interesting movie. The squad's powers, minus enchantress, would have lined up a lot better against joker's minions and plots.

Marvel made a point of not introducing cosmic or magic stuff right away, because it would have felt out of place compared to capt america and such. DC, and Zac Snyder specifically, seem to have just been like 'lol, don't care!'.

I really want the DC movies to be just as good as the Marvel ones, then we'd have TWO great cinematic universes going on.. but they did not find their Joss Wheden genius mastermind in Snyder. Maybe they should have got Kevin Smith.. :(

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Not sure I understand the hatred for this movie; I thought it was alright and my biggest complaint would be one of squandered potential rather than it actually being "bad". It certainly was far better than Batman vs Superman.. Liked the characters, liked the origin stories, and really liked the soundtracks they chose for certain scenes/characters. It also had lots of style, decent humor, and the action was serviceable.. IMHO the plot/story is where it fell apart, and the pacing starting at around the midway point of the movie. It started out great with the various origin stories, and basically went slowly downhill from there. Bring back the characters with a decent director and plot and you can have a real winner.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
There were good parts, for sure, it just felt disjointed overall due to those plot issues. It's not a BAD movie, imo. But, considering how good it could have been with a few obvious changes, it's frustrating to us geeks.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure I understand the hatred for this movie; I thought it was alright and my biggest complaint would be one of squandered potential rather than it actually being "bad". It certainly was far better than Batman vs Superman.. Liked the characters, liked the origin stories, and really liked the soundtracks they chose for certain scenes/characters. It also had lots of style, decent humor, and the action was serviceable.. IMHO the plot/story is where it fell apart, and the pacing starting at around the midway point of the movie. It started out great with the various origin stories, and basically went slowly downhill from there. Bring back the characters with a decent director and plot and you can have a real winner.

Agreed. We just saw this and didn't think it was as bad as BvS. But it was choppy as hell, from all of the rewrites. The movie was just average, it wasn't good or bad. And you already knew how it was going to end. As much as they tried to ape GotG and Deadpool, there was very little in new territory.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
No, this movie was bad. I haven't bothered to see BvS, so perhaps those that did are grading Suicide Squad on a curve, but this was the worst superhero movie I've seen in years. It was actively irritating, which is rare for me while taking in dumb popcorn entertainment. That's not to say that it was a complete failure. There were a handful of good scenes and character moments, but I have no desire to ever watch it again.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, this movie was bad. I haven't bothered to see BvS, so perhaps those that did are grading Suicide Squad on a curve, but this was the worst superhero movie I've seen in years. It was actively irritating, which is rare for me while taking in dumb popcorn entertainment. That's not to say that it was a complete failure. There were a handful of good scenes and character moments, but I have no desire to ever watch it again.

This was Shakespeare compared to the BvS theatrical cut. Don't watch the Ultimate version, that was better. Go watch the theatrical cut first so you can understand just how bad it was.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I believe I'll take a pass on increasing my appreciation for a terrible movie by spending my free time watching an even more terrible movie.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Watched the first 10 minutes. Shut it off and have no desire to watch the rest.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I really disliked the self aware, 4th wall, "hey look how clever i am" style of Deadpool along with onscreen graphics.

I hated it when Deadpool did it, and I felt like SS tried to rip it off and made it even more unbearable.

• 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Yeah, but breaking the fourth wall is one of Deadpool's powers, isn't it?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was listening to a Comics Podcast and the DC movie "insider" was saying that the version in the movies is the studio version, there's a few "cuts" made also a David Ayer version and a version made by the trailer company.

And he confirmed, the studio version was made cuz of BvS backlash and the positive remarks the copycat GoTG trailer, and shoehorning in Justice League.