Suicide Squad (2016)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I can't stand Will Smith anymore. He's always same person.

--

Is Suicide Squad good or bad guys? I mean clearly its ad guys but are they being good in this?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Everyone does their own version of Harley, but it's always based on some variation of Arleen Sorkin, b/c for all intents and purposes she created Harley, at least she gave her the personality. (blah blah paul dini)

Margot's Harley from the trailer gives zero fucks.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everyone does their own version of Harley, but it's always based on some variation of Arleen Sorkin, b/c for all intents and purposes she created Harley, at least she gave her the personality. (blah blah paul dini)

Margot's Harley from the trailer gives zero fucks.
All those voices are extremely annoying. I cannot imagine being forced to listen to that nails on a chalk board voice for an entire movie.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trailer was ok, not great and certainly not better than the latest BvS trailer. I also question the joker but I think Leto has enough crazy to pull it off. Will Smith being in this movie will overshadow everything though and that is why it will not be that good.

I am not familiar with any of the suicide characters but joker and harley. I always loved those 2 chars though, especially having grown up on that animated batman cartoon when i was a kid. I dont mind them changing the origin a little of Harley I mean, joker has always abused the fuck out of her so in a way it makes more sense. Like some kind of stolkholm syndrome. I dont care about the other chars to be frank and unless things get real wonky, I will be watching this.

Just give it a chance. I remember when Christian Bale was casted to play Batman and I was like WTF, same with Heath playing joker. It is too early to tell if this is gonna be retarded.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is poison ivy not part of suicide squad?

ivy was part of the OG suicide squad, but hasn't been a member of the 4 newest teams. They basically put ivy in girl centric teams like Gotham city Sirens or Birds of Prey.

I am more concerned about when this takes place in the new DC universe. I am guessing joker will play a small part in superman vs batman, perhaps locked up. Suicide squad takes place after? which will lead into the next batman or justice league movie? or am I way off?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watched the trailer a few more times, I think if Leto does a good job I'll forget how this Joker looks. Will Smith seems so out of place though.

Watched the trailer a few more times, I think if Leto does a good job I'll forget how this Joker looks. Will Smith seems so out of place though.
ye I can't understand the will smith pick, even though he is a big name. I mean isnt suicide supposed to be the worst of the worst? he did alright I guess in hitchcock but I cant picture him as real villian. unless the character he plays is supposed to be the good bad guy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
All those voices are extremely annoying. I cannot imagine being forced to listen to that nails on a chalk board voice for an entire movie.
I hate to do the whole 'no true scotsman' thing, but you're obviously not really a fan. That IS Harley. That has ALWAYS been Harley. It worked in Batman TAS, it worked in Assault on Arkham, it worked in the Arkham game series, it would have worked just fine in Suicide Squad.

The Will Smith casting seems dumber and dumber since Flagg is the team leader, not Deadshot. Maybe Flagg gets killed early on and Deadshot takes over as leader? Maybe Will Smith was just desperate to get a part in a Superhero movie and Marvel told him to go pound sand. Or maybe being part of this terrible movie was the only way to get his son a job as a Superhero. If we're all very lucky, Static Shock will be cancelled halfway through the first season and the character won't be irredeemably tainted by association with Jaden.

ye I can't understand the will smith pick, even though he is a big name. I mean isnt suicide supposed to be the worst of the worst? he did alright I guess in hitchcock but I cant picture him as real villian. unless the character he plays is supposed to be the good bad guy.
Deadshot was originally just a villain, but he's been turned into more of a sympathetic anti-hero recently. Particularly the version of him that was in Arrow.

Merrith

The trailer makes it seem like Smith is going to get a lot of the lines, so maybe your theory that Flagg dies early is correct.

Merrith

Maybe Will Smith was just desperate to get a part in a Superhero movie
I think we have evidence of this

3048257-2973861-hancock-will-smith-1647.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
I hate to do the whole 'no true scotsman' thing, but you're obviously not really a fan. That IS Harley. That has ALWAYS been Harley. It worked in Batman TAS, it worked in Assault on Arkham, it worked in the Arkham game series, it would have worked just fine in Suicide Squad.
Eh , DC is all over the place when it comes to character portrayals. There was no Hobo Joker that sounded, or looked anything like Heath Ledger in any comic, or tv/movie representation.

It's a silly argument.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh , DC is all over the place when it comes to character portrayals. There was no Hobo Joker that sounded anything like Heath Ledger in any comic, or tv/move representation.

It's a silly argument.
But there were already a wide range of joker portrayals when Ledger came up with his. There aren't a wide range of Harley portrayals. And I'm not saying that you can't ever change the character, you just need to come up with a good explanation the first time she doesn't sound anything like the way she's always sounded in the past. And this new shitty origin story (assuming it's right) isn't a good explanation, it just means that this 'version' of Harley isn't even really Harley.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The trailer makes it seem like Smith is going to get a lot of the lines, so maybe your theory that Flagg dies early is correct.
i remembered this happening like twice in v4, the new 52 one. Basically Deadshot becomes leader of the mission, when the first appointed leader dies. (or falsely dies!)(cuz deadshot is the least craziest)