Summer 2024 Anime Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I wanna like Slime but goddamn I need some shit to happen.
Understandable. Right now it's just lots of exposition. Humor and cheesecake are good and well, but I want to see Rimururu and Veldora rampage sometimes. Time to get the scoop on Leon, those merchants trying to rule shit from the shadows, and Diablo's bros.

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Understandable. Right now it's just lots of exposition. Humor and cheesecake are good and well, but I want to see Rimururu and Veldora rampage sometimes. Time to get the scoop on Leon, those merchants trying to rule shit from the shadows, and Diablo's bros.
Right now? So it wasn't exposition when they sat in a room for the rest of the season and talked?

No longer allowed in another world continues to be great, in some sort of weird looking glass way. The main char is so bizarrely unlike any other anime's I've watched, its hard not to like him.

Also Wistoria delayed a week? Fuck. It better not fall off a cliff like zom did. That show before and after its "delay" was a completely changed beast.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It was delayed because of Olympics. Not animation problems. I suspect that they knew it would be delayed, which is why they started the show a week or two earlier than other shows.

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
It was delayed because of Olympics. Not animation problems. I suspect that they knew it would be delayed, which is why they started the show a week or two earlier than other shows.
Why are japs watching the olympics? Did this slot this show during the time slot for men's gymnastics or something?

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
A good episode of Failure Frame today. I'm hoping that show stays solid enough.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
It's decent but the switch between 2d and shit 3d animation really sucks.

The story is better than I thought it would be and the characters are entertaining tho.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I just watched the first episode of Dead Dead Demons and it's kinda fucked up. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned here.

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
It's decent but the switch between 2d and shit 3d animation really sucks.

The story is better than I thought it would be and the characters are entertaining tho.
I keep expecting it to go full redo of healer.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
re: MHA

On the one hand I'm more than a little annoyed that not only is Bakugo not staying dead but they're apparently bringing him back to life almost immediately, I figured if they did bring him back it would be after the fight with Eri. On the other hand a top tier pro appears to be sacrificing his life to save Bakugo so there are at least still some very serious consequences, which appeases me a bit.

The shit with AFO is kind of dumb but also kind of insanely hardcore. "Im using this suicidal power-up move because a new version of me already exists" is weird because it's still suicide, but apparently he just hates the world so much that he'll stop at nothing to destroy it.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
MHA has been pretty dull the last 5 episodes or so. Every episode has been the same, they fight and nothing gets resolved or moves forward at all.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
MHA has been pretty dull the last 5 episodes or so. Every episode has been the same, they fight and nothing gets resolved or moves forward at all.
I've got my share of criticism of MHA but this is one of the dumbest fucking takes I've ever seen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I wish one piece could fix it's fucking pacing, but they still have some fun moments.

Still has never matched peak of Marineford.

oardefault.jpg

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Not gonna lie I fucking love how ruthless the protagonist is in failure frame.

This boy ain't no pussy isekai protag.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity