Summer 2024 Anime Thread

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I Parry Everything might end up being my favorite of the summer anime.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Tooka, my Wakandan!

denzel washington GIF

I Parry Everything might end up being my favorite of the summer anime.

Watching it now, but its the same as that other show on CR - Its okay but this is a trope that will get old quick.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Not gonna lie I fucking love how ruthless the protagonist is in failure frame.

This boy ain't no pussy isekai protag.
He knows he is playing n a HC server. No point in letting your enemies live.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Looks like an hour and a half of S3 for Re:Zero leaked and is out there. Gonna check it out sometime this week.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Elusive Samurai & Wand and Sword continue with fantastic episodes. This season rules.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
While I appreciate the faithfulness to the webtoon, the animation quality of ToG leaves a lot to be desired.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While I appreciate the faithfulness to the webtoon, the animation quality of ToG leaves a lot to be desired.
Yea, lol. It is some of the most low effort animation I've seen at times. Maybe the actual action scenes will redeem it a bit, Urek vs. Bam next week. They've been handling the story itself faithfully, I think, with expected edits for time. I just hope these first few episodes don't crater the interest in continuing the Season 2 story because Workshop, Train and Floor of Death are all so good.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yea, lol. It is some of the most low effort animation I've seen at times. Maybe the actual action scenes will redeem it a bit, Urek vs. Bam next week. They've been handling the story itself faithfully, I think, with expected edits for time. I just hope these first few episodes don't crater the interest in continuing the Season 2 story because Workshop, Train and Floor of Death are all so good.
Yeah it’s like how Shield hero changed animation studio and interest plummeted. Season 1 was peak then they just said “fuck it bois let’s save some dollars on this hype!”

The Gamer would make an amazing anime.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Not gonna lie I fucking love how ruthless the protagonist is in failure frame.

This boy ain't no pussy isekai protag.

It'd be nice if they owned the ruthlessness instead of trying to justify it though.

Not much moral quandary with killing humans when they introduce themselves as 'Hi ! We're a band of roving thieves ! And murderers ! And rapists ! And serial killers ! And sadists ! And Torturers ! Did we say rapists already ? Coz we are really down for the rape. Plus we are going to kill you specifically - just for lols !'

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
It'd be nice if they owned the ruthlessness instead of trying to justify it though.

Not much moral quandary with killing humans when they introduce themselves as 'Hi ! We're a band of roving thieves ! And murderers ! And rapists ! And serial killers ! And sadists ! And Torturers ! Did we say rapists already ? Coz we are really down for the rape. Plus we are going to kill you specifically - just for lols !'
I liked how he killed the Black Dragons. Practical and ruthless. No fucks given and time wasted dealing with a potential threat down the line.

Also the Goddess is a bitch, I'll be glad when she gets pwned.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I was a little worried in the first ep or 2 that the show might get a bit rapey. Nope it's just overpowered fantasy isekai protag.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Really enjoying Code Geass Rose of Reapture.

So many character references this week from Suzaku and Nunally to Akito and even the manga characters from Oz the Reflection.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Ep 1 of "Rick and Morty : The Anime" It's dubbed.

Terrible. Just no. I could not finish the first episode.