Survivor

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I never understood why Probst kept trying to get Varner on the show.

The whole thing is just bizarre to me. Just that tribe you've got 3 gay people (Tai, Varner, Zeke). The whole thing just stinks of pandering to SJW's to me.

The most annoying thing is that had Varner just stuck to his first attack (there's a "secret" alliance here), it sounded like everyone was ready to turn on Ozzy. Granted, I read that wrong last week (or it was edited that way) with the same tribe, but I feel like they all knew they needed to get rid of Ozzy before the merge.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
andrea was also around for brandons meltdown

crazy just follows her, maybe thats why she keeps on coming back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well that just ruined the show for me...idgaf if yer gay straight tranny or whatever. No vote? Prost being political come on man.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you honestly think, if it had gone to vote, it would have gone any other way? Varner fucked up. He was ready to take himself out of the game.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Do you honestly think, if it had gone to vote, it would have gone any other way? Varner fucked up. He was ready to take himself out of the game.

I agree. No way that vote was going any other way. I think Probst correctly read the situation.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
That has to be up there for one of the dumbest things ever done on survivor. And it isn't some country bumpkin from a small town that has never seen a gay person except on tv. I've got to wonder what he was thinking...

Am I giving him the benefit of the doubt too much by being suspicious that he agreed to split the prize with Zeke if he did out him?

Either way, that spectacle just earned Zeke at least a couple immunities in the upcoming councils and a surefire win if he makes it to the final.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
That has to be up there for one of the dumbest things ever done on survivor. And it isn't some country bumpkin from a small town that has never seen a gay person except on tv. I've got to wonder what he was thinking...

Am I giving him the benefit of the doubt too much by being suspicious that he agreed to split the prize with Zeke if he did out him?

Either way, that spectacle just earned Zeke at least a couple immunities in the upcoming councils and a surefire win if he makes it to the final.

Ya, i'm sort of leaning towards either two options, varner and zeke both got together hidden from the cameras and set this plan in motion with a deal that they'll split the money if zeke wins (pretty sure this is against the TOS of playing). The producers pulled them both, told them that if they did this they'd get paid. On the flip side, both of those theories seem fucked cause there is so much downside to getting caught. Who fucken knows.

The whole thing is just bizarre to me. Just that tribe you've got 3 gay people (Tai, Varner, Zeke). The whole thing just stinks of pandering to SJW's to me.

The most annoying thing is that had Varner just stuck to his first attack (there's a "secret" alliance here), it sounded like everyone was ready to turn on Ozzy. Granted, I read that wrong last week (or it was edited that way) with the same tribe, but I feel like they all knew they needed to get rid of Ozzy before the merge.

Ya, Varner had got himself to probably around 50/50 chance with the first part of his speech, up until he went full retard his plan was going perfectly and ozzy was probably in serious danger. Bizarre is the perfect word.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
yo Survivor ppl, i found this new MTV2 show
Stranded with a Million Dollars | Season 1 Episodes (TV Series) | MTV

it's only 8eps so far and far more entertaining than survivor!!!

bitches don't look amazing tho.

one bitch looks great once you starve her a few days tho!!!

Alright, thanks for this. My wife and I powered through 7 episode last night. Holy shit this is an awesome idea for a show and the execution is actually pretty god damn good. It's definitely not your average MTV reality show. Gonna spoiler my thoughts cause I highly recommend ya'll watch this if you're a fan of survivor and watching younger idiots be idiots.

So I was calling Cody king douchbag the first couple episodes (and he still is) but holy shit him and MI-something (that decent looking chick) are fucking beasts. The group of four 'good guys' turned into such fucking evil assholes once they got the power. The amount of retarded spending they did was nuts. Just nuts.

If they would have let Cody take charge of spending from the beginning they could have gotten the tarp, hatchet, pot and supplemented meals with rationed rice/peanut butter and been able to live fairly comfortably while making it to the end with close to 800k+ to split.

Once the group of four lost their two, I was fucking giddy with anticipation of watching the payback, and holy shit I wasn't let down. They're going to completely fucking starve those idiots out and I have a feeling they might be successful. We stopped on episode 7 when they went nuclear and took the pot, but things are going to get dirty as fuck these last few episodes. My money is on Cody and his sidekick making it to the end and the other two dropping out, but we'll see, odds of dropping out get pretty low as it gets closer to the end.

I have a feeling if they do more seasons it's always going to split and get lord of the rings-like out there.

Really hope they do more seasons of this shit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Alright, thanks for this. My wife and I powered through 7 episode last night. Holy shit this is an awesome idea for a show and the execution is actually pretty god damn good. It's definitely not your average MTV reality show. Gonna spoiler my thoughts cause I highly recommend ya'll watch this if you're a fan of survivor and watching younger idiots be idiots.

So I was calling Cody king douchbag the first couple episodes (and he still is) but holy shit him and MI-something (that decent looking chick) are fucking beasts. The group of four 'good guys' turned into such fucking evil assholes once they got the power. The amount of retarded spending they did was nuts. Just nuts.

If they would have let Cody take charge of spending from the beginning they could have gotten the tarp, hatchet, pot and supplemented meals with rationed rice/peanut butter and been able to live fairly comfortably while making it to the end with close to 800k+ to split.

Once the group of four lost their two, I was fucking giddy with anticipation of watching the payback, and holy shit I wasn't let down. They're going to completely fucking starve those idiots out and I have a feeling they might be successful. We stopped on episode 7 when they went nuclear and took the pot, but things are going to get dirty as fuck these last few episodes. My money is on Cody and his sidekick making it to the end and the other two dropping out, but we'll see, odds of dropping out get pretty low as it gets closer to the end.

I have a feeling if they do more seasons it's always going to split and get lord of the rings-like out there.

Really hope they do more seasons of this shit.
actually no, if you remember, Codys first plan that he executed was to make the entire group not spend a dime. this wasn't for greed, it was to make it horrible until the next trip so ppl tap out, he wanted tap outs first.

actually makini??? is looking pretty fucking good the more she starves lol. towards the last episodes i figured out why she has the least screen time, probably cuz shes always in the water, and if that's happening, you don't get recordings, cuz if you look they have a belly band and radio that they attached to themselves. Makini is always w/o it, cuz shes bathing.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Just caught up.

Poor Zeke, man.

If you can pass like a boss, then all the power to you.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Haven't followed Survivor in years but I caught wind of this episode from various news in the last week and caught this just now so figure I'd pass it along.
'Survivor' contestant who outed transgender competitor loses his job
The Greensboro News & Record reports Varner was fired on Thursday from Allen Tate Realtors because he was "in the middle of a news story that we don't want anything to do with."

is that like... allowed???

their reason for firing him is social media is bad, mkay!!!

damn!

they already deleted his work profile
Jeff Varner - Allen Tate Real Estate
Jeff Varner will work hard with you to sell your home.

poor Varner

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
At-Will employment. Employers can get rid of you for pretty much any reason as long as it's not a protected class (race, gender, disability, sexual orientation). And even then, they can just make up some other shit to get rid of you if the protected class is the real reason; because good luck proving it.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Without the early scene of everyone sitting around crying about how hard Survivor is mentally, I'd probably think Varner is the stupidest person alive. At least there was some context to how he could make such an impossibly stupid decision to do that at Tribal. In no way does that work out in your favor yet somehow he rationalized it. What an idiot. Zeke is pretty awesome though. It was frustrating / uncomfortable though seeing everyone pile on Varner for 10 minutes without Jeff stepping in and saying, "uhh why don't we find out how Zeke feels about this." I mean he did eventually but still, let's get all this footage of people defending the poor tranny, blah, blah.

In better news I'd love a gif of Andrea is that bikini top, that was incredible. And Hali climbing out of the water. I'm starting to feel creepy.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fuck are some of you people talking about it being a stacked tribe with LBGTHZYNAQ whatevers for some "stunt"? They randomly drew buffs for the current tribes. As said already, there is no way it was staged based on the reactions of the tribe mates. Half these people are too dumb to play the deceptive part of the game, yet they can instantly summon up Oscar worthy emotional performances for "a stunt"? C'mon.

Also, Probst has done this whole no written vote tribal before when the tribe was so clearly in favor of sending someone packing.

All of that said, it was incredibly dumb for Varner to bring that up at TC. It appeared he had some people questioning loyalties with the whole "secret Zeke / Ozzy alliance". Then he just made a colossal mistake bringing the trans thing up. I don't see how any rational tribe mate would equate deception with Zeke's trans story.

I am pretty damn shocked a company can fire someone for their actions on a reality TV show where being a shitbag can be a useful strategy in winning the million dollar prize. People often do shit / act in a way on Survivor that they would never do in RL. I really don't think their actions should have RL work related consequence.

Last edited:

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
How many times have we heard personal IRL non-Survivor gameplay related things brought up at tribal?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I listened to Varner's exit interview on RHaP and he said that it had been a 2 hour tribal and that his whole pitch was that he had been out hunting for idols with Ozzie and Ozzie had told him that he, Zeke, and Andrea had a secret alliance and he was telling them about that and Zeke was denying it so Varner tried to sell the narrative that Zeke was untrustworthy and since he is on an all-star season and no one has seen his previous season he's basically the new Russell Hantz. The trans thing was a desperation play deep in tribal that blew up in his face.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone on this forum correctly called all of this about a year ago. I don't know who it was and how they did it but I thought they were crazy at the time, I even tried to fact check their claim about Zeke back then and found nothing. Props to you, whoever you were/are, and props to Zeke's surgeon. DAMN.