SWTOR

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, they're calling it early access for subscribers. It'll roll out for F2P in about a month I think.

sukik

I think the best thing about it is that the house cargo hold is separate. So all those people who like to hoard and packrat all kinds of crap have more room.

Arterial

N00b
lol "WS being niche"

Or just that WS is fucking garbage.
I was trying to be nice! But yeah i hated it too, I really didn't like the PvP, and looking at what it takes to get into raiding aside from it being difficult wasn't for me, then getting together 20/40 people to do it makes it even more of a pain which is niche in todays MMO market.

We did a bit of the guild conquest last night our guild has a good grasp on alderan atm, it was fun rolling around with 40 folks and invading Imp bases, it was fun

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Bought a Tatooine Stronghold for 2.5 million credits, which was an easy thing to do. The land area in that thing is humongous, but the customization is on par with a EQ2 Stronghold where you have a bunch of places to put almost anything. The difference is there is so much room that you basically have your own zone as a housing plot... I don't think I've seen a game with a bigger land spread like that. They really did a great job in how many areas inside your plot that you can put things. There are all sorts of rooms inside and out, tunnels, elevators, a huge landing pad, balconies, etc.

Looks like most of the items are made by crafting and it's easy because it's just based on their simple formula of: mats + time= item, not failure and success. That really helps them out immensely imo because unlike games like FFXIV (which I'm subbed to and happy in), it gives people who can't figure out crafting or don't really like it the same chance as the top level people making multimillion dollar mods. As long as you can get the mats which are easy and can have the companions to make it you're golden, no skill needed.

Got a few things from a Ops run with guildies; a throne from KP ( three actually dropped), some flags, some kind of miner cart I got from some HM. Banners, bunch of shit. The way they tie it in with the Planetary conquest looks very interesting and will definitely feed obsessive collectors who have to fill achievements, but it's interesting that you can fly around and do things with your guild which is something most guild house situations in games fail to do right.

Haven't tried it out yet but if you can invite a bud in there and duel them, two people can have a fucking awesome time trying to kill each other in that huge space. Lots of hidey holes and what not.

Arterial

N00b
I will have to say they did the housing better than expected, my only gripe is that I will have to re-run old ops for some of the decorations which blows

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I will have to say they did the housing better than expected, my only gripe is that I will have to re-run old ops for some of the decorations which blows
Agree. But the good news is (on two fronts) that:

1. Lots more people to run them now because of returning leveling players and vet players
2. Overgearing makes them a trifle now. You can even solo things like Emperor now with a decent healing companion which isn't hard to get or just blast through it with another buddy and his companion.

Arterial

N00b
Agree. But the good news is (on two fronts) that:

1. Lots more people to run them now because of returning leveling players and vet players
2. Overgearing makes them a trifle now. You can even solo things like Emperor now with a decent healing companion which isn't hard to get or just blast through it with another buddy and his companion.
Yeah i hear ya, I just don't want to run any of the old ops again, I'm lazy ;P, that being said all of my toons full 180/brut so I got the time i guess

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
What new PVE content is being added for those of us who have no interest in housing?
Continuation of the Flashpoint storyline of the traitor Sith and Republic guy that teamed up, basically the Revanites trying to take over. You have that new expanded Flash and that's about it, no PvP additions.

There also is the Guild Starship conquest stuff but if you don't have a guild which it sounds like you don't, you really don't get to participate in all that much. But guilds that are buying starships are able to do conquest missions and things as a guild on planets, which is a smart move by Bioware.

Solidifying more guild content can help fuse the base together more like in FFXIV, so that more casual lonewolves want to join one. You see that now with a lot of people shouting in the Fleet wanting to join a guild with a starship or working towards one.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Now that I've had time to do some stuff related to Conquests, I think it's a brilliant idea. I was on Alderaan today completing Heroics, just because it gave out Conquest points. Looking at the list on Dulfy regarding what planets are affected by what conquest event, pretty much everything but the starter and home planets can be a place to conquer. It's a way to get people to go to places they might not normally have gone to except to get Achievement points. It's not perfect, you can still sit on the fleet all day and PvP for points, or craft your way toward the weekly goal, but it's still something different and pretty much guarantees all content will continue to have something resembling relevance.

Oh, and the new Manaan Flashpoint is fun.

Langemede

Golden Knight of the Realm
So, this bullshit where latency pops between red dots, a red x and 2-3 bars before dc'ing to a frozen loading screen requiring game restart is going to be a deal breaker for me resubbing
Having this shit happen 2-3 times an hour sometimes is fucking ridiculous.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm addicted to questing in the game, which is strange because I usually hate it with other games. I'm on Nar Shadaa but have basically already outleveled it due to doing all these quests. Biggest complaint I have so far is the GTN which seems backwards as far as functionality.

sukik

One thing I don't understand about MMO auction houses, not just SWTOR, is the inability to buy individual items from a stack. The only place I've seen it done is EVE and I was blown away why every MMO didn't use that model. But the biggest thing that bugs me about GTN and SWTOR chat in general is that the blinking cursor disappears half the time making it hard to tell if you're actually in the correct window.

GTN woes aside, I hope the other storylines are as good as the Imperial Agent. It's better than a lot of single player games I've played.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Imp Agent is widely regarded as the best, so I'm not sure others will be quite up to that standard. That said while I liked Imp Agent the best by far, Sith Warrior was also very enjoyable, and I enjoyed the BH and Sith Inq as well.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Best to Worse

Agent
Knight
Warrior
Smug
BH
trooper
INQ
Consular
Can get behind this. I never finished Knight only got to about level 50, but it definitely was building up to be slightly better than Warrior. I never thought Inq was that bad other than it dragged on with the ghost shit the last couple chapters.

sukik

I hit the mid 30's over the weekend and while the story had been good, it really hooked me at that point. Of course I hit a really good part at the time I had to get ready for bed.