The Acolyte

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They knew exactly what they were doing with Baby Yoda.
Excited The Child GIF by Disney+

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought Kennedy was going to be over with quick a decade+ ago but this shit is not ending. Crossing my fingers James Gunn can fuck them over running DC

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I thought Kennedy was going to be over with quick a decade+ ago but this shit is not ending. Crossing my fingers James Gunn can fuck them over running DC

best case scenario is next MCU phase does what it's supposed to, another feather in Disney's cap, and causes Iger to balk at giving Lucas Film any real movie budget ever again-- ensuring nothing besides Filoni's direct-to-DVD effort ever sees the light of day.

Homsar

best case scenario is next MCU phase does what it's supposed to, another feather in Disney's cap, and causes Iger to balk at giving Lucas Film any real movie budget ever again-- ensuring nothing besides Filoni's direct-to-DVD effort ever sees the light of day.
Reynolds might have fucked up shit at Marvel. They can make up whatever excuses they want for failure but comicbook fatigue is bullshit

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Reynolds might have fucked up shit at Marvel. They can make up whatever excuses they want for failure but comicbook fatigue is bullshit

Nothing tops "star wars fatigue" releasing only 1 movie a year. Just one movie a year was causing "fatigue". They saw people weren't going to buy phoned in junk when Solo flopped and Iger pulled the plug.

MCU is a runaway train comparatively.

Homsar

Nothing tops "star wars fatigue" releasing only 1 movie a year. Just one movie a year was causing "fatigue". They saw people weren't going to buy phoned in junk when Solo flopped and Iger pulled the plug.

MCU is a runaway train comparatively.
Deadpool bringing in Billion + is going to make them shit out more it feels like. They already slowed down with the bullshit the next 2 years.

Marvel finally having all characters is cool but what now? I can't think of any stories I really care about

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Deadpool will be somewhat of a conundrum for Disney because while it is Marvel, it is also R rated Marvel. That limits merchandise (in theory), because otherwise you'll have some pearl clutching grandma in Florida decrying that children are being exposed to Deadpool's "filth" even if the target audience aren't kids (look back at history, it's always some dipshit in Florida. Like Austin Powers 'Fat Bastard' toy? Dipshit in Florida complaining got them to change the name to 'Fat Man' lol)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Deadpool will be somewhat of a conundrum for Disney because while it is Marvel, it is also R rated Marvel. That limits merchandise (in theory), because otherwise you'll have some pearl clutching grandma in Florida decrying that children are being exposed to Deadpool's "filth" even if the target audience aren't kids (look back at history, it's always some dipshit in Florida. Like Austin Powers 'Fat Bastard' toy? Dipshit in Florida complaining got them to change the name to 'Fat Man' lol)
They have already stated they are doing more rated r movies.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Most people on this board are probably more familiar with the early 90s run - although Disney channel back then was an add-on for cable if I recall, so not everyone got it or was willing to pay for it

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Most people on this board are probably more familiar with the early 90s run - although Disney channel back then was an add-on for cable if I recall, so not everyone got it or was willing to pay for it
I was in the age frame where I never watched Mickey Mouse Club. The only person I really know from those was Annette Funicello.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rabbit_Games

Trakanon Raider
She was one of my first crushes. Used to watch the Mickey Mouse reruns, plus Beach Blanket Bingo stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I was in the age frame where I never watched Mickey Mouse Club. The only person I really know from those was Annette Funicello.
Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Justin Timberlake were all in the 3rd version. A lot of that generations went on to find jobs in entertainment through the years. And they probably all got molested on that set repeatedly.

• 2Like

Homsar

Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Justin Timberlake were all in the 3rd version. A lot of that generations went on to find jobs in entertainment through the years. And they probably all got molested on that set repeatedly.
Youre forgetting Gosling and I can't remember the other guy. I think Elizabeth Olsen was part of some crap then also. I only watch the cartoons like darkwing duck, tail spin, gargoyles or whatever. Anything singing/dancing I would leave and find something else to do.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Youre forgetting Gosling and I can't remember the other guy. I think Elizabeth Olsen was part of some crap then also. I only watch the cartoons like darkwing duck, tail spin, gargoyles or whatever. Anything singing/dancing I would leave and find something else to do.
I never watched the live action shows on Disney. The Disney daily cartoons were still on WB, aka Channel 2 here in CO. I loved the hell out of those. You missed Gummi Bears and Duck Tales, but the 80s and 90s had some awesome Disney cartoons.

Homsar

I never watched the live action shows on Disney. The Disney daily cartoons were still on WB, aka Channel 2 here in CO. I loved the hell out of those. You missed Gummi Bears and Duck Tales, but the 80s and 90s had some awesome Disney cartoons.
I didn't miss out on that shit. I still have gummy bears as certain ring tones for friends. Duck tales movies were pretty dark as a 5 year old or the one I always watched. Lost lamp or something and they steal his mantion and put a castle in the sky