The Acolyte

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I'm pretty much talking out of my ass, but don't people still get paid similar to royalties/residuals when stuff is on those streaming services? I'd assume it's Disney being Disney, saying "lol get fucked, we ain't payin ya shit"

Chris

Potato del Grande
wtf they removed willow? I quite liked it. I barely remembered the original so there were just enough member berries to give me a fuzzy feeling.

I just don't understand why they would remove anything from the streaming service. Are they running out of hard drive space?
If you want to claim it as a tax write off, you can't continue to sell it, so that's why the woke Willow TV disaster was erased from history.

Could be The Acolyte is getting the same treatment. At least this is what YouTube told me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they removed the shitty merch from the Disney store. it consisted of some acolyte tshirts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
You’re deluded if you think their primary goal isn’t to make money. Their miscalculation is basically trying to attract a new audience that doesn’t exist in the numbers needed and assuming the existing fan base of the IP will watch.
How many times can companies alienate a core male nerd audience to attract non existant female activist audience before everyone admits it's not about money?

Is there some kind of cancerous corporate negative feedback loop of bad management making them do this without realising it's losing them money?

I think it's most likely that this is political and these people are managing shareholder's profit expectations the best they can while redirecting money to social engineering.

Does Bob Iger want to be remembered for pushing up profits X% or does he want to be remembered for being a progressive force for good which he can maybe leverage into a presidential run or personal charity foundation?

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Companies do that because they hope that will pay off financially. Keep in mind the majority of the population of the US is female and racial demographics continue to change. If your goal is to increase marketshare and also ensure that you stay relevant to future consumer demographics, then it makes perfect sense to try to adjust your product to (in theory) better appeal to those present and future consumer groups. Likewise this extends to shareholders - if your shareholders think a certain course of action is beneficial to long term viability, then of course a shareholder meeting is going to bring up those points.

While that sounds good on paper, the problem is they go about it in a clumsy and ineffective way with many of their offerings. The writing is shit, the production quality is shit, they alienate the existing customer base, etc. Ignore Star Wars, a lot of their recent media has suffered issues of "the existing fans will show up" because they use the same copy-paste formula and play it safe. Marvel fatigue was real until Deadpool & Wolverine injected a jolt of adrenaline.

Kaige

<WoW Guild Officer>
<WoW Guild Officer>
They believe they're in it to make money, but they're not putting that first. Its why these woke retards are involved in the first place - their goal is to take what's already easily made money, push their message, and expect it to just pay off anyway because the audience always bought it.

However, things have changed over the years and people are fed up with it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
They believe they're in it to make money, but they're not putting that first. Its why these woke retards are involved in the first place - their goal is to take what's already easily made money, push their message, and expect it to just pay off anyway because the audience always bought it.

However, things have changed over the years and people are fed up with it.
No, they are putting $$$ first. The fuckwits are just too stupid to figure out that the woke club doesn't buy the shit they are putting out no matter how many boxes they check. That coupled with the Blackrock banks saying they would stop loaning to companies who didn't DEI up, well, yeah.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Companies do that because they hope that will pay off financially. Keep in mind the majority of the population of the US is female and racial demographics continue to change. If your goal is to increase marketshare and also ensure that you stay relevant to future consumer demographics, then it makes perfect sense to try to adjust your product to (in theory) better appeal to those present and future consumer groups. Likewise this extends to shareholders - if your shareholders think a certain course of action is beneficial to long term viability, then of course a shareholder meeting is going to bring up those points.

While that sounds good on paper, the problem is they go about it in a clumsy and ineffective way with many of their offerings. The writing is shit, the production quality is shit, they alienate the existing customer base, etc. Ignore Star Wars, a lot of their recent media has suffered issues of "the existing fans will show up" because they use the same copy-paste formula and play it safe. Marvel fatigue was real until Deadpool & Wolverine injected a jolt of adrenaline.
Right, this is their justification, so are we saying that everyone involved is too stupid to see that it has never worked and it's always poor quality work?

There has to be another force involved other than money, unless you just can't get staff in California anymore who don't think in a shitty woke way?

Maybe that's it, maybe the executives are trying and all working age creatives refuse to do anything other than virtue signal - therefore the move to places like Texas for some companies.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You’re deluded if you think their primary goal isn’t to make money. Their miscalculation is basically trying to attract a new audience that doesn’t exist in the numbers needed and assuming the existing fan base of the IP will watch.
There are two factions at play here. Always is with Woke/DEI shit. Eventually the sheckle counter grabblers win over the destroy civilization grabblers, because either they (controlling the sheckles) oust the money sink creating idealogues or the Idealogues completely tank the host organism completely. It just went on longer with Disney because their cancel culture (and child raping underground) were entrenched and the Mouse had a lot of spare money lying around waiting to hope that things would turn around. Given who the Kathleen Kenedy Klan is connected with, there is also a non zero change that KK has a lot of incriminating shit on those who could have stopped her.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you want to claim it as a tax write off, you can't continue to sell it, so that's why the woke Willow TV disaster was erased from history.

Could be The Acolyte is getting the same treatment. At least this is what YouTube told me.
This has happened a lot over the years. Snowpiercer had an entire season filmed that no one will ever see. The Batgirl movie, same thing. It is a really stupid set of laws that generates this scenario, but it is what it is. And we somehow still have shit like Velma out there LOL.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I love the numbers on this vs. Cobra Kai, that probably cost 1/10th the budget.
Cobra Kai can just have William Zabka and Ralph Macchio fucking around in LA parking lots and pull better numbers than Acolyte.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
the acolyte merch is back on the disney store, this is all building up to a season 2 surprise renewal! ok probably not

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the acolyte merch is back on the disney store, this is all building up to a season 2 surprise renewal! ok probably not

those are the most low effort t shirts ever. the rock shirts we had from the 80s were done better. those horrible teespring t shirts that youtubers sell and fans buy out of pity look better than this.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Quick, buy it before it is gone! That is going to be worth a fortune someday!

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Lmao at people seriously thinking Disney's not in it for the money.
Some people spend too much time on the internet.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users