The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Turns out Tomb Raider 1 is also fucking awesome.

Real glad I've discovered these. The PS4 release schedule this year was looking pretty bleak for me. Now I have something to play until Middle Earth: Shadow of War comes out. Although, I do wonder how Prey is going to turn out. Might pick that one up in May. I'm real salty after Fallout 4 though.... That was a huge disappointment for me.

My backlog isn't looking too bad these days either - Divinity: Original Sin, MGS5, Tropico 5, The Last of Us, Uncharted 2 & 3. Feels like I'm finally taking a bite out of the stuff I've missed & catching up to the current gen.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Prey looks amazing for those that liked Bioshock. If you weren't a Bioshock fan, I can't imagine it'll be worthwhile though. (I was a Bioshock fan, so I'm very much looking forward to it personally though)

Vorph

I'll give Prey a shot because Chris Avellone, but I'm pretty skeptical about the gameplay side of it. Definitely not preordering it, but it can't be any worse than renting ME:A.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Oh, Bethesda is just publishing. Never mind.

I haven't played anything at all that Arkane has done.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Not a big fps fan but I really enjoyed the first Prey way back when. Haven't paid much attention to this since they have been jerking my chain forever.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not a big fps fan but I really enjoyed the first Prey way back when. Haven't paid much attention to this since they have been jerking my chain forever.

It was fantastic. I loved the Cherokee mythology used.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

I haven't played anything at all that Arkane has done.

You've done yourself a disservice if you ever liked Thief back in the day and you've not played Dishonored - they were far better "Thief" style games than the Thief reboot was. I think that's another that's on sale this week too. ($15-20 range though, not the sub-$10 IIRC)

And nice info on the prerelease demo - should help get the wife amped for it. Got a strong feeling she's going to like it as well, but she's being catty about it.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I still wish they would make an updated version of Turok. Loved that game on the N64.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Prey looks amazing for those that liked Bioshock. If you weren't a Bioshock fan, I can't imagine it'll be worthwhile though. (I was a Bioshock fan, so I'm very much looking forward to it personally though)

Prey, in no way shape or form, will ever be as anywhere cool as Bioshock was. Levine spent time on things that made 1 and infinite magical with little tid bits of content that made the world completely feel alive. Arkane Studios won't even come close. Expect a mediocre shooter. Original prey was good I thought. Some really cool gameplay mechanics and a good story with great music (Fear the Reaper, etc) and character building.

I mean, don't get me wrong. The story sounds intriguing, but this will basically be a fast pump out reskin of Dishonored in Cry Engine. I couldn't get into either of the Dishonored games.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Prey, in no way shape or form, will ever be as anywhere cool as Bioshock was. Levine spent time on things that made 1 and infinite magical with little tid bits of content that made the world completely feel alive. Arkane Studios won't even come close. Expect a mediocre shooter. Original prey was good I thought. Some really cool gameplay mechanics and a good story with great music (Fear the Reaper, etc) and character building.

I mean, don't get me wrong. The story sounds intriguing, but this will basically be a fast pump out reskin of Dishonored in Cry Engine. I couldn't get into either of the Dishonored games.

I agree it will be no Bioshock but I'm banking on it having a good story thanks to Chris.

Chris Avellone says he's "been wrapped up with Prey for a while now"

But hey you were wrong about Doom being bad too lol.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Doom is shit :) I don't care what anyone says and that opinion WOULD have changed had they launched it at a 29 price point. I still haven't played more than a couple hours if that on PC and I got it for like 5 bucks.

We will see what the demo is like since Quaid said that's coming out. So at least we get a peak.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Doom is shit :) I don't care what anyone says .

Utnayan Utnayan after playing ESO and Doom.

b91ef0f3d26af51ae52e45ab90dc1133_triggered-gif-on-imgur-triggered-meme-gif_718-404.gif

Vaclav

I don't imagine it'll eclipse Bioshock - but there's been nothing that's scratched that itch well in nearly a decade. I expect it to be a B+ title personally. Solid but not amazing.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't imagine it'll eclipse Bioshock - but there's been nothing that's scratched that itch well in nearly a decade. I expect it to be a B+ title personally. Solid but not amazing.

Yep same I'm expecting B+ but hoping for an A.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just started playing Doom recently and think it's pretty good. Super fast, no reloading, decent exploration. What's not to like?!

Vaclav

I just started playing Doom recently and think it's pretty good. Super fast, no reloading, decent exploration. What's not to like?!

He wanted it to reinvent the wheel or be cheaper. Was the basic gist of his argument.