The Boys

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Absolutely fantastic show. Always entertaining. Complex story that wasn't obvious from the get go. Complicated characters. Absolutely loved it. My only criticism is it seemed that they tried a little to hard to make every scene deplorable, but other than that, I fucking thought this was awesome. By far better than most other shows I've seen. Top 10 for me.

... did anyone catch the leads name was Billy Butcher... like Bill the Butcher.. who also hated a group of outsiders? (gangs of new york)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
not really, remember homlanders admission to shue, he told atrain to run around giving compound V to terrorists but a lot of adults blew up, thats why you give it to infants.

They can work around this.... Do one of those "we found the asshole who originally invented it (or his notes/whatever) and Frenchie solved the toxicity problem and stabilized the effects..(Because he is a genius as drugs)" numbers. Then not only do you have them juiced up, they all get a standard set of the "low end" powers (Strength, Durability, Bulletproof, whatever). This lets them know they can survive incidental contact, but if they try to go one on one with one of the bigs (Homelander/Maeve) they'll get murdered. I assume at this point we'll never get the comic version of Mother's Milk origin.

I'm curious as to if they'll ever dive into the whole G-men story arc... A lot of the arcs I wonder if they'll really touch.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I liked the little red herring experiences Hughie would have when he was stressed, making it seem like he might be a supe and his powers were going to activate like they would if it was a usual superhero show.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
Yeah like in the fight in the electronics store I thought he would Hulk out, but never did. Was good shit.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Hope they don't. Average joes vs gods is a big part of the show's appeal
I have a hard time seeing how they will go up against supes like Homelander without Compund V. But I do agree, it's a better story without it. Or at least using restraints to limit it. I still haven't finished the season yet, but I am assuming that at least The Female would be able to take it, so maybe that's a way to limit it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I have a hard time seeing how they will go up against supes like Homelander without Compund V. But I do agree, it's a better story without it. Or at least using restraints to limit it. I still haven't finished the season yet, but I am assuming that at least The Female would be able to take it, so maybe that's a way to limit it.

Which why it's awesome.

An obvious way to go about it would be to have other members of the 7 turn on him. You already have Starlight, Queen Maeve has been foreshadowed, A-Train could realize Homelander is really to blame instead of Hughie along with Hughie saving his life, and a redemption arc with The Deep.

Last edited:

Caliane

Black Noir was funny. He's like good at everything, is the only person Homelander had no issue with, and doesn't get into any drama.

That season 1 ending was a fucking tease. Season 2, I can kinda figure where it goes a bit.
hahahaha.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

in comics it really is all about operation blackmail, it's constantly just streaming and bugging the supes trying to get as much dirt on them as possible, this is the main focus/weapon.

they take compound V b/c if a supe sneezes on you, you're dead, so they essentially have to take compound V to stay alive. Sorta like an undercover cop has to sniff coke in order to bust the gang later.
this, also another major element. /spoilers
Butcher is an insane asshole. He has every intention of killing his own team after they do what he wants them to do. He gives them V to win. Pushes Hughie to give him a chance to stop himself.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They’ll probably go the agents of shield route: recruit supers to help, but the core has no super powers

Kiki

Log Wizard
As long as they kill some of the supers (except starlight, she's hawt), that's fine. Mac can eat a dick.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this, also another major element. /spoilers
Butcher is an insane asshole. He has every intention of killing his own team after they do what he wants them to do. He gives them V to win. Pushes Hughie to give him a chance to stop himself.
well, he only tried to kill em, after they all figured out he pushed them all apart and split them up(so he could do super dirty stuff like vas and the legend)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
based on what kripke said, i doubt they'll recruit supers. the girl is sort of a defacto member, but everyone is kinda weirded out by her. beyond that, they all have shown various levels of distain for supers. hughie obviously shows this the least, but he's only really on the team because he doesn't just go home, you know? it's not like he'd be in any position to recruit anyone. i could see starlight joining, maybe in some unofficial capacity, but beyond that? no, i don't see these characters taking compound V to get super powers (despite frenchy making the joke that he'd give it to the CIA after he tests it on himself) or recruiting supers.

i think homelander is going to be somewhat off the table for the time being anyway. i think he's just going to refuse to fight the boys, and since they have no way to hurt him anyway, it'll just be a no show. maeve also seems to be the most powerful (depending on what they are actually doing with black noir) but she seems to be in a weird position as well. i mean, the only bad thing they showed about her is that she's mildly frustrated with homelander for killing her perp.

unless they introduce some new characters, i think there's going to be a bit of a stalemate for a good chunk of next season. we'll see where it goes

Caliane

"mommy from voight" is an interesting change in dynamics from "man from Voight"