The Boys

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
why would that happen? lobster meat deteriorates the second it dies, man guess i have to rewatch.
yeah, it was a gag. that's not how they do it in real life and anyone who cooks lobsters would know that. it was much more that deep just can't catch a break.

i also don't think it was a revenge fantasy against jocks. he's shown too much to be sympathetic. like i said before, he's not a GOOD guy, but he's not evil either. he's wrapped up in a world that operates on a COMPLETELY different level and it's tainted how he interacts with people. you kind of get the impression that when he tells starlight that he's basically number 2 around there, he wasn't lying. he BELIEVED he was number 2 because they carted him around on a platter. but behind the scenes everyone thinks he's a joke. when starlight calls him out on it later, there isn't a sense that she caught him lying, it was more that when she said everyone thought he was a joke, she gives enough proof that she might be right. honestly, outside of homelander dressing him down in that meeting, not a single other super interacts with him (other than starlight of course). they just... ignore him.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you read some of the interviews with the showrunner, he also mentions they had debated about how to handle that scene and Starlight's reaction to it and eventually landed on how they presented it after all the Weinstein stuff came out. Honestly the whole "Superhero = Hollywood" thing was a good turn given how all the Vaugh Corporate shit was handled, so adding the "blow me to get this job" was exactly on theme.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

yeah, from what i've seen/heard of the comics, i love the idea, but i also think it's just too over the top. the show has a sense of reality to it (for the most part).

starlight walking into a super bukake right out of the blue would just be too much. there'd be no reason for that kind of character to do anything but sit in a corner and cry.

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As long as they kill some of the supers (except starlight, she's hawt), that's fine. Mac can eat a dick.

They better not ever kill Starlight. That sex scene where her eyes light up as she orgasms was straight up one of the hottest orgasms on screen.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah Starlight is ridiculously attractive.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

In the trailer there was ant man character jumping in to a bag, did I miss that scene?

Hosix

All labs matter!
Finished it and it’s a great show.

If superheroes really existed? I think it’s exactly how they would be. Homelander is a good character. His narcissistic sociopath behavior just makes him interesting. As character he is being built up extremely well.

I was never a big fan of Karl urban. But in this? He is solid. He says cunt every third word.

Season 2 please!!!!

Caliane

In the trailer there was ant man character jumping in to a bag, did I miss that scene?
ep1 iirc. in the sex club. tiny guy runs and dives into a ladys crotch. I didnt rewatch the trailer to match. but, they probably edited two scenes to make the crotch dive sfw.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was never a big fan of Karl urban. But in this? He is solid. He says cunt every third word.
you probably believe that b/c you thought he was hawkeye, cuz all white guys look the same, i did too.

But you have to remember that Urban is Dredd

and when sci fi + TV sucked, he did an awesome series called Almost Human

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
yeah, from what i've seen/heard of the comics, i love the idea, but i also think it's just too over the top. the show has a sense of reality to it (for the most part).

starlight walking into a super bukake right out of the blue would just be too much. there'd be no reason for that kind of character to do anything but sit in a corner and cry.

That was kinda my point in the previous post - the comic is ABOUT being over the top, and I felt the show drew way back on that theme to focus more on the Hollywood angle.

Also, Karl Fucking Urban is a god. Any actor of his talent who hides his face for an ENTIRE movie simply because it's better for the movie is more of a hero than we simple nerds deserve.

1564688772700.png

His McCoy was the best thing about the abortions of Star Trek remakes too.

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah Karl Urban is just a consistent deliverer of good performances from what I've seen. Can't think of something I didn't like him in.

Although I got a laugh when Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus called him Keith Urban.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Im still fucking salty they canceled Almost Human!

• 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Ya, Almost Human was decent and had a lot of potential. Would have liked to have seen another season.

They killed it with the procedural/episodic format. =-/ You can get away with procedural stuff for Law and Order franchises because the characters never change...But the whole premise of Almost Human was about the arcs of both characters as they dealt with the robotic shit. Having an episodic format for that should have been a crime, especially with an actor as good as Urban.

Loved the show, but god damn did the network fuck the dog given the premise.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They killed it with the procedural/episodic format. =-/ You can get away with procedural stuff for Law and Order franchises because the characters never change...But the whole premise of Almost Human was about the arcs of both characters as they dealt with the robotic shit. Having an episodic format for that should have been a crime, especially with an actor as good as Urban.

Loved the show, but god damn did the network fuck the dog given the premise.
the reason why it was cancelled, was cuz it was sci fi and
tenor.gif

• 1Like

Caliane

Finished s1.

yeah, theres this "I want x from the comics" but, this is just going in its own directions, totally ignoring the comic story, and backgrounds. If you haven't read the comics go do so.
It should be noted, The Boys is a #72 issues comic run. (not including miniseries.) Compared to like say, The Umbrella Academy, which was like 12 issues,.

In general, don't expect clandestine secrets and the like. No deep conspiracies. The basic idea of The Boys is Corporate shortsightness, Amorality, and banal evil.
Its a story about incompetence, not shadow governments.

I think, despite the knife fight, Black noir is the same as the comic.
he was just fucking around. why did he even leave after cutting the female?
Killing Mommy from Vought was an odd choice I think. Stillwell never died in the comics. Corporate buffoonery, and just getting away with it is a theme.. Which also kills a huge character element for The Homelander, as exactly that, he kills his mom, and is now off his chain. Homelander being kept on his chain by the Man from Vought just through a childish need for approval is a big part of him. (possible that wasnt homelander that killed her? and this will be the thing that will make Homelander think he's schizophrenic?)
Having Homelander so capable is very odd as well. Like mentioned later, superheroes are untrained idiots was a plot point. As the comics ends with the military gunning them down.. here homelander seems to be planning, not a gaslighted patsy. He beats the shit out of terrorists. he "correctly" reasons he can't save the plane, while comic homelander 100% fuckuped his way to causing it. etc

s2, will probably dive into the history. Nazi scientists, and Voughts attempts at trying to get super heroes into the military ever since. Super heroes as a product they are trying to sell, and keep offering new improved models, every few years..

They have got to have the scene of sending superheroes into war, as untrained civilians, that get themselves killed, or do more harm then good.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Regarding the choice you mentioned

In the context of the show, Homelander killing Stillwell made sense. Once he found out he had a -real- family of his own, Stillwell's purpose as a mom/family figure vanished. Especially when he found out she was purposely keeping it from him.

Granted he probably knows shit about family and will be a horrible father figure/will use it to strengthen his own ego. I imagine part of the reason he didn't kill Butcher is because he knows this will hurt Butcher (because his whole vengeance quest was built on a lie) and on some level, he is thankful of Butcher. Without Butcher pushing all these buttons, Homelander would have never found out he has a son.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Butchers wife, Becca... Fuck that bitch, she deserves to die gang banged by a bunch of monsters. How the fuck could she do a thing like that to her husband ?
Poor her, she struggled with it for 3 hours... fuck that, she thought about it for three hours and this was the choice she made ?
The most abhorrent and cunty solution of all ?
Not caring at all about her husband ?
Not even a ”Bye, sucker, I cheated on you ?” Arghhh

She is the real villain of the show.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users