The Boys

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Then he got sent off to purgatory, raped, and had some awkward crying into the mirror scene
Yeah but from the start of the show he was portrayed as a scumbag borderline retarded C lister hero who who only hired because of the eco warrior image the company could use.
Would you want him on the "good guys" team for anything else than getting coffee or being a human shield for however many seconds it takes Homelander to laser through him?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah but from the start of the show he was portrayed as a scumbag borderline retarded C lister hero who who only hired because of the eco warrior image the company could use.
Would you want him on the "good guys" team for anything else than getting coffee or being a human shield for however many seconds it takes Homelander to laser through him?

Not saying what I "want", just the fact that the later episodes had Homelander ratcheting up thel evil and while the rest were showing regrets for what they've down and possibly forshadowing where the story is going.

And if GoT can redeem an attempted child murderer (before fucking it all up), it shouldn't be too hard to redeem a guy getting a BJ from a smoking hot chick.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like the director sent the guy that plays Hughie a copy of Barry season 1 and said "pretty much do this but more talkative"

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Hughie is honestly the worst character on the show. They can lose him and nothing would be lost. Frenchie, black dude, and Urban are all far more interesting characters.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Huighe parts that annoyed me was Starlight being into him even though he was weird AF and looking at the ghost of his dead GF.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I liked it overall. I could have used some titties. I think Maeve and Stargirl need to get naked. We saw a fucking dong and two man asses and you can't get the hot blonde to pop her tits out? And this is the Boys? Feh.

I kind of liked Hughie's arc and the actor was serviceable.

Also the feel of the show, the theme, seems different than the comic. And the comic was much more raw. I was really steeling myself for some red wings, or the hamster in the ass, or the giant team up orgy and the whole show felt tame, for lack of a better word. I didn't really like how tame it was. Not to say there weren't moments, of course.
Fuckin laser baby!

I am also a bit skeptical about how they can adequately maintain tension and some level of believability if the Boys aren't on V.

Looking forward to season 2.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I liked it overall. I could have used some titties. I think Maeve and Stargirl need to get naked. We saw a fucking dong and two man asses and you can't get the hot blonde to pop her tits out? And this is the Boys? Feh.

I kind of liked Hughie's arc and the actor was serviceable.

Also the feel of the show, the theme, seems different than the comic. And the comic was much more raw. I was really steeling myself for some red wings, or the hamster in the ass, or the giant team up orgy and the whole show felt tame, for lack of a better word. I didn't really like how tame it was. Not to say there weren't moments, of course.
Fuckin laser baby!

I am also a bit skeptical about how they can adequately maintain tension and some level of believability if the Boys aren't on V.

Looking forward to season 2.

Agree. Stargirl is stunningly beautiful!!!

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
deep doesn't necessarily need a huge redemption arc, he doesn't even really need to be actually sorry for anything. all he needs to do is understand that ultimately, he's a nobody. vought propped him up like he was SOMEbody, but it was just a PR stunt. they never actually cared about him, just what he could do for the company. he's the diversity hire. it would be an interesting conversation for him to be the one to point out to starlight that she's as expendable as he was and her "you can't fire me because it would look bad" is only going to last until the problems she causes by being around is more trouble than dealing with the backlash of booting her.

deep isn't a good guy, but he's got good moments. i don't know if i'd even say that's his fault, just like homelander's sociopathy isn't really his fault either. for a long time they were held to zero standards and so they acted like it. all they had to do was smile for the camera. that kind of moral vacancy isn't going to just correct itself. there's no reason for him to want to be helpful to starlight, she's the one who got him sent to ohio. that being said deep doesn't really seem to be malicious, just extremely selfish. if the opportunity presents itself, i think deep would 100% try to make starlight feel as replaceable as he is, if not more so.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just finished the season. Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I both loved it.

Curious as to how they're changing the Butcher story involving his wife from the comics will affect it moving forwards. Other than that it felt solid. I figure give them season 2 on the run, then they do something to help give the government leverage back on Vought and they get institutionalized into a real team as in the comics (and the office in the Flatiron building).

• 2Like

Homsar

The writers have done a pretty good job. The deep constantly killing things he tries to rescue was amazing. I'm not sure how they are going to handle butcher with all the changes. Black noir is who I'm really curious about.

Season two has already been filming thank goodness

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Just finished the season. Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I both loved it.

Curious as to how they're changing the Butcher story involving his wife from the comics will affect it moving forwards. Other than that it felt solid. I figure give them season 2 on the run, then they do something to help give the government leverage back on Vought and they get institutionalized into a real team as in the comics (and the office in the Flatiron building).
from everything i've seen (without actually reading the comic) it seems that they've taken the IDEA of the characters and made a similar, but different story. not necessarily that they've taken the story in a different direction... more like this one is moving parallel to it. honestly, from what i've seen, i think i prefer this story as it's not super vs super.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The writers have done a pretty good job. The deep constantly killing things he tries to rescue was amazing. I'm not sure how they are going to handle butcher with all the changes. Black noir is who I'm really curious about.

Season two has already been filming thank goodness
how'd he kill the lobster? musta been distracted

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The guy who was selling it to him stabbed it in the head right before handing it to him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Hughie is honestly the worst character on the show. They can lose him and nothing would be lost. Frenchie, black dude, and Urban are all far more interesting characters.

Yeah "black dude" is so much more interesting. So much that you didn't even remember his name.

• 1Worf

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I swear one of the dyke writers on this show had a crush on a jock in HS and got shot down or cheated on, etc. Because Deep is a revenge fantasy on jock dudes. Nothing more. He 'convinces' Stargirl to blow him (it was actually Homelander, A-train and another hero in the comics), then he gets slapped down to the farm team in Ohio and then 'gill-raped' by some twat who has no superpowers and is just a regular hooker so he apparently liked it and secretly wanted to get raped. That whole side plot was fuckin stupid. I did love the dolphin though.

• 1Solidarity