The Boys

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
you mean Butcher right? i dont remember them delving into Soldier Boy's youth
It's literally in the clip posted, after he took V his dad told him he took a short cut and was a disappointment. When Homelander tries to open up to him he calls him a disappointment as his dad did

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I literally just watch this show for Homelander. If it wasnt for him and his story, I'd be at a loss for what the show is even about. Butcher is fine, his cohort of faggots can fuck off. I miss Soldier Boy and wanted to see more of Homelander and Soldier Boy going at it. Every other super hero thats currently active.. is just fucking lame? Remember our first introduction to A Train? He fucking obliterated Hughies G/F. Running through someone like that didnt even phase him, physically or mentally. What happened to that kind of fear for A Train? Deep has always been like slap-stick weird, and corny - not powerful. I dont know if he's just suppose to be that way or what, but meh. Noir, even following along with ya'lls commentary about what he does in the comics and his powers, and who he should be etc. - I just dont see it in the show. Its not portrayed as such. Noir is just.. mysteriously boring. Black chick is boring, because even her 10 steps ahead bullshit doesnt come off as clever or anything. Most of the shit she does is "The sky will be blue tomorrow if we do this." No shit. Starlight, ever since she lit up like a Christmas tree and did jack and shit.. I feel like she's just been a waste of time to have on the screen. Im still not even sure what powers she's really suppose to have and how theyre suppose to be dangerous.. but even if it was explained to me, I really dont care.

But the supes that are cool and interesting? Like Homelander? The bitch that can pop heads. Can she pop Homelander's head? She's vying for that political position. Why arent we all over that shit instead of .. whatever this Starlight fucks kid story is? Her daughter? Holy fuck, I dont think thats a super power - just fucking creepy af. I want to see what Hughies dad is going to have as a super power .. but with who that actor is, and who the directors are, its going to be some Sean of the Dead type shit if I had to roll the dice.

I just really wish the show was taking a different direction outside of Homelander's storyline. Even if it is all about the politics for Seth, he could at least do it with a storyline thats actually cool/useful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Gaming Ghost>
... I'm never going to read the stupid comic books, and just wondered how they differed from stupid Jew guy running the show and trying to shove every progressive and leftist talking point down your throat, because that makes quality film or TV.

The comic was essentially Garth Ennis trying to out "Garth Ennis" himself. The guy also wrote the Preacher series. In both these cases I enjoyed the original comics FAR more than the TV adaptations. Yeah. The Boys was not a great or high brow situation. As mentioned it was at it's best a commentary on the MIC, in reality it was him trying to out edgelord himself with every single issue.

As a frame of reference, Garth Ennis was responsible for a LOT of the old school Judge Dredd comics people think of when they think of Dredd pre-movies.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The comic was essentially Garth Ennis trying to out "Garth Ennis" himself. The guy also wrote the Preacher series. In both these cases I enjoyed the original comics FAR more than the TV adaptations. Yeah. The Boys was not a great or high brow situation. As mentioned it was at it's best a commentary on the MIC, in reality it was him trying to out edgelord himself with every single issue.

As a frame of reference, Garth Ennis was responsible for a LOT of the old school Judge Dredd comics people think of when they think of Dredd pre-movies.
Preacher went downhill so fucking quick, I enjoyed season 1 and gave up on season 2 pretty quick.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
but with who that actor is, and who the directors are, its going to be some Sean of the Dead type shit if I had to roll the dice.

100% his dad will be a suped up zombie - the doctors said he was brain dead, so he will probably just be some pure instinct/lizard brain thing

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Ahhh, didn't realize it was Ennis. I remember Preacher from back in my comic book collecting days. Had a friend who was big into them, and I think I read the first years or something by just borrowing his copies, and never finished for whatever reason any further. May have just been because that's all that was published. They were pretty damn different for the time period.

• 1Like

Malakriss

100% his dad will be a suped up zombie - the doctors said he was brain dead, so he will probably just be some pure instinct/lizard brain thing
The Diabolical episodes are supposedly some form of canon, and someone linked the part where the V superpowered cancer cells in a persons body to Butcher's brain tumor and suggested that might have gotten the V powerup and turned into its current form. So they can go a ton of different ways with that for his dad.

escrima

Vyemm Raider

He is also responsible for the best Punisher runs.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

This episode had some side plot movement but it was the obligatory "exploding whale" episode for special effects combined with the movie showcase and Hughie became a C plotline

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have questions about that episode.

1. Why did all the chickens and sheep become crazed bloodsucking maniacs? They do not normally eat meat. a Follow-up question : Why did they all have the exact same effect? Humans have different abilities. Why would not the sheep and chickens display different effects?

2. Why would a barn have stopped the sheep? They can fly and they are bullet proof. One would assume they also got super strength. This was kind of proven when they picked up the 1000-2200 pound bull.

3. Why were the the Sheep and chickens such a threat when they used the answer on one of the chickens? Just explode all of their heads???

4. At what point does the Cthulhu Automatic Defense system kick in? You would think having Kamikaze Super Sheep chasing him might have triggered Butcher's "Auto-pilot Fuck You" system.

5. The father killing people in a hospital was different. If he was a supe, how did they get a needle into him and why would the chemicals work to kill him? That looked like a pretty standard dosage that would be effective on a normal person. Hell, how did they even get him onto a bed? Suddenly the in and out forgetful person became completely compliant to death?

I hate when shows do not even follow their own rules of strength. We of course then get " For the sake of the story" ,rather than " What would have probably happened" . As usual, the best scenes were with Homelander. I love the angle he took with his kid. I am not so sure it would have taken him down the dark side so quickly, but that is a form of strength I could somewhat believe.

This episode was fun to watch but completely off the charts with what would have actually happened given the situation.

Malakriss

The implication is that none of the surface farm had any V or temp V in them at all until the hamster got loose in the lab and smashed or ate everything. Magically, the leaked Compound V that went into the drains somehow contaminated the groundwater which dosed all of the chickens, sheep, etc.

Also did you notice the secret service agent appear out of nowhere to get killed despite not being around at all when Annie punched Neuman?

• 1Worf

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh they showed them for a second and I just thought "Oh those are the people that will die because none of the other characters can". They should have just made them wear a red shirt. It was so obvious.

I guess I could have added these questions.

6. How does V leaking down a drain suddenly contaminate the drinking water of the farm animals?

7. How does consuming V orally guarantee supe powers when even humans died from attempting it via proper dosing?

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I have questions about that episode.

1. Why did all the chickens and sheep become crazed bloodsucking maniacs? They do not normally eat meat. a Follow-up question : Why did they all have the exact same effect? Humans have different abilities. Why would not the sheep and chickens display different effects?

2. Why would a barn have stopped the sheep? They can fly and they are bullet proof. One would assume they also got super strength. This was kind of proven when they picked up the 1000-2200 pound bull.

3. Why were the the Sheep and chickens such a threat when they used the answer on one of the chickens? Just explode all of their heads???

4. At what point does the Cthulhu Automatic Defense system kick in? You would think having Kamikaze Super Sheep chasing him might have triggered Butcher's "Auto-pilot Fuck You" system.

5. The father killing people in a hospital was different. If he was a supe, how did they get a needle into him and why would the chemicals work to kill him? That looked like a pretty standard dosage that would be effective on a normal person. Hell, how did they even get him onto a bed? Suddenly the in and out forgetful person became completely compliant to death?

I hate when shows do not even follow their own rules of strength. We of course then get " For the sake of the story" ,rather than " What would have probably happened" . As usual, the best scenes were with Homelander. I love the angle he took with his kid. I am not so sure it would have taken him down the dark side so quickly, but that is a form of strength I could somewhat believe.

This episode was fun to watch but completely off the charts with what would have actually happened given the situation.

1. They didn't get infected from eating infected meat, they drank contaminated water after the lab hampster wrecked the lab and smashed some vials of virus above the drain. Their powers weren't necessarily identical, most human Supes gain superstrength as a base power, and we never saw the chickens displaying out-of-ordinary flight abilities, they just flapped a bit like normal chickens do except.. you know, through people.. The chickens were also completely bulletproof and were only vulnerable to Neuman's blood control abilities while we never see if the sheep gained increased damage resistance.

2. The barn couldn't have stopped them, but they're dumb sheep; once the people got inside and shut the doors they went back to whatever dumb sheep think about. That on top of basically 75% of the main characters in the show being in the barn that means dramatically increased plot armor on the building, and the sheep still got inside anyway in the end.

3. Neuman needs to focus to use her power, and she's trying to protect her non-Supe adoptive dad, is very worried about her missing baby daddy, and the sheep are flying around extremely fast (we know Neuman needs line of sight for her powers), so maybe she felt she couldn't take them all on (there were five sheep I believe) while still protecting Stan Edgar or Sameer.

4. Butcher can't control his Venom-like cancer superpower yet, doesn't even realize he has it most likely. When he sees the dying bunny filled with tentacles he seems to have a realization, then he smashes it dead because he fucking hates Supes and now he's one.

5. Many Supes don't have increased resistance to damage, or can only regenerate some parts of their bodies (like Sister Sage's regeneration is only for her brain, but not her eyeball). Hughie's dad had the ability to walk through solid matter or punch through it but he wasn't even more resistant to skin damage than any normal human. We've also seen drugs can affect Supes (as in, recreational drugs, the previous episode had Butcher and MM give Web Weaver a heroin enema) and pathogens too obviously, so there's no reason why Hughie's killing drug cocktail wouldn't work. As for how they convinced him, he seemed to be in and out regularly, so they probably just brought up "Jar Jar" during one of his lucid moments and he realized he'd rather be gone than live like this, he was terrified and confused about his abilities.

Agreed it was a fun episode, the Disney/Vought event was funny, the interactions of basically EVERYONE hating everyone else were funny too, it was nice to see Stan Edgar again, and the various mutant barn animals were funny too, it was a fun time.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I thought flying man-eating sheep was fucking hilarious and didn't try to find any deep meaning / theory / rules. I learned a while ago to turn my brain off when watching things like this.

Wish I could turn my eyes off though, some of the close ups to Annie/broken starlight are extreme cringe. How the fuck does she think that makes her look good ....at all? Yikes.

Also I'm having to rewatch previous seasons and have not got to 3 , do they give a reason why starlight is having 'erectile dysfunction'?

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i thought it was a hilarious episode, you guys overthink stuff too much sometimes. Compound V is injected into kids, its been talked about in the past how putting into adults is very, very unreliable and usually results in death - Temp V is a bit more reliable but only the bunny had it (yellow), the compound V vials (blue) all spilled into the drains. So makes sense that the sheep get all sortsa fucked up drinking a tiny bit of it mixed with water. Why they don't go zipping through the barn is simple, their brain is conditioned that solid surfaces are impenetrable and they are too dumb to break that programming. Hunger overrides that which is why when they see meat in the open they go nuts.

the Disney/Marvel shade was hilarious, all the A-Train/ Will Ferrell stuff, the show made so much fun of DEI shit and how corporations don't really give a shit just pretend to be woke to please retarded young people, and the phase plans were funny as fuck. It really looks like the kind of shit Marvel puts out now.

A Train's line about how they just finished reshoots of the reshoots on his show and its the most expensive show ever made so you know its gotta be good was just a chefs kiss of saying fuck you to trash like Secret Invasion, Captain America 4, Thunderbolts, Indiana Jones, etc.

GRGlLdMWsAE7FyV.jpg

what the fuck was that tentacle monster in the rabbit, is that whats in butcher? jesus

also pretty clear Butcher's friend is imaginary now like his wife, although it would be a fun twist if he's real and somehow controlling him or whatever