The Boys

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Homelander and spider boy scene was awesome.

Also the Deep continues to be my favorite parts of this. That octopus murdering pussy lolol.

Also amputation while listening to Steal my Sunshine had me fucking dying.

Last edited:

bigolas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The season is ending so we finally got some plot advancement. Still shitty politics injected needlessly even in the main plot.
Ryan enjoyed the assistant bitchslapping the director but now has a problem with a song lyrics.
Homelander's reaction to A-Train's betrayal doesn't make sense unless they're turning him into a joke. He hated A-Train and knew A-Train hated him. It wasn't like his relationship with Noir.
Finally a good twist that I didn't see coming in the final scene.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
The season is ending so we finally got some plot advancement. Still shitty politics injected needlessly even in the main plot.
Ryan enjoyed the assistant bitchslapping the director but now has a problem with a song lyrics.
Homelander's reaction to A-Train's betrayal doesn't make sense unless they're turning him into a joke. He hated A-Train and knew A-Train hated him. It wasn't like his relationship with Noir.
Finally a good twist that I didn't see coming in the final scene.

While I agree the politics stuff is heavy-handed, it's not like we needed Ryan having a woke moment to realize he's been nothing like Homelander from the beginning. Homelander is the way he is because he was raised like a weapon by uncaring scientists, that's been made even more clear in episode 4. Ryan grew up in a loving and caring environment, which is why he's a fragile little snowflake despite being basically Superboy. Ryan being somewhat cruel (as cruel as a teenager boy can be at least) in previous episodes was just him forcing himself to please his "dad", but really it's not in his nature.

As for Homelander's reaction to A-Train, I think it wasn't so much about their friendship or relationship because as you said Homelander and A-Train have barely spoken to each other since season 1, they clearly don't really respect one another, and Homelander bullied A-Train several times. However, the whole season has shown Homelander's sanity is coming apart (like in the comics but for different reasons), and so at this point every little thing makes him emotionally unstable (he was about to snap and eye laser everyone in the room at the Tek Knight mansion because Sage was brain-damaged and eating choccy cake, he keeps having these eye twitch moments more and more often, so I think he was sad/crying because he didn't foresee it was A-Train and that made him feel even more fragile and alone. You can tell how much it affects him because he didn't even fry Sage where she was standing when she said she'd known all along and didn't inform him of her plans, he just lets her go and fires her instead of obliterating her.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

bigolas

While I agree the politics stuff is heavy-handed, it's not like we needed Ryan having a woke moment to realize he's been nothing like Homelander from the beginning.
That's what I meant by saying shitty politics injected needlessly even in the main plot. Using an important part of the main story to tell us that Antifa could be anyone we don't like and MAGAts want you to cut family ties in the vought kids program. It's all upside down clown world. They could've made the point that Ryan isn't like his father in much better ways.
You call it emotionally unstable, I see it as a joke. For now, Homelander acts excessively, not unreasonably. A-Train's betrayal shouldn't affect him at all in that way. The same way you explain psychologically Homelander not ending Sage on the spot. I just see it as silly writers putting her in that position and activating the plot armor because they sill need her in the story.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
That's what I meant by saying shitty politics injected needlessly even in the main plot. Using an important part of the main story to tell us that Antifa could be anyone we don't like and MAGAts want you to cut family ties in the vought kids program. It's all upside down clown world. They could've made the point that Ryan isn't like his father in much better ways.
You call it emotionally unstable, I see it as a joke. For now, Homelander acts excessively, not unreasonably. A-Train's betrayal shouldn't affect him at all in that way. The same way you explain psychologically Homelander not ending Sage on the spot. I just see it as silly writers putting her in that position and activating the plot armor because they sill need her in the story.
I don't disagree... but you're rocking a political avatar on a gaming forum and complaining about politics in a superhero show. A bit conflicted?

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Also, is it me or does Starlight look better last couple episodes? Face-wise that is. I'm guessing the backside nudity wasn't really Erin Moriarty and was probably a clever replacement but it was good to get some female nudity in this season after the deluge of dicks, male buttholes and webholes.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

bigolas

I don't disagree... but you're rocking a political avatar on a gaming forum and complaining about politics in a superhero show. A bit conflicted?
Conflicted how? I'm complaining about the creators turning their superhero show into a political propaganda tool. I'm not nitpicking small parts of the show to make the discussion about politcs, they're the ones shoving it front and center. The boys' story shouldn't be guided by the writers' TDS but it is. This episode had the introduction of a new supe that was used for a major twist. We should've had more of that and less political retardation.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also, is it me or does Starlight look better last couple episodes? Face-wise that is. I'm guessing the backside nudity wasn't really Erin Moriarty and was probably a clever replacement but it was good to get some female nudity in this season after the deluge of dicks, male buttholes and webholes.
I thought she looked worse. I fully expect to see her disappear after this show and the come back in 15 years on some bad Syfy shark movies.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I thought that too actually her face looks better. I wouldn't be shocked if they were doctoring it slightly, but who knows if she'd sign off on that.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think this is setting up Ryan to die next episode. Homelander is spiraling and even feels betrayed by his kid. I think it will end with Ryan dying, which convinces Butcher to move forward with the kill all Supes plan the voice is trying to convince him to follow through on. Homelander meanwhile will just stop giving a fuck and go full tyrant and just forcibly take over the country

• 1Like

bigolas

I wanted the show to kill off Ryan and use his death as a catalyst for both Homelander and Butcher going super evil. The way they set it up, it's seeming more likely that Ryan will team up with Butcher to kill Homelander. MM had the choice to leave but stayed which is usually not a good sign but I don't think he'll die. A-Train is certainly going to die. It's over for Ashley too. The risky prediction is that members of the boys like Frenchie, Kimiko or Starlight could die. Hughie, the Deep and Butcher despite his tumor are untouchable.

Animosity

They definitely have it setup for Frenchie to be the sympathetic character to die in the season finale.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I have no idea what's going to happen in the finale. Normally, that would be a good thing, but here, it's just because the season has been such a meandering, politics-first mess that I will be shocked if the finale turns this into a cohesive storyline.

Hell, something finally happens in episode 7 (of 8) of the season... and that's an un-introduced character using a powerset (shapeshifting) the show has used before. Cool?

I vote we're going to get a wet fart of a finale. Having Homelander take over the government for the entire final season is too expensive for this show, so I'll go with
Hughie backs out of using the virus on Neuman.
The shapeshifter kills Neuman as Starlight.
The shapeshifter then takes Singer's shape and becomes president. (Yeah, they flat out rip off the first X-Men movie, because that would be the most uninspiring option.)
Frenchie and Kimiko have meaningless resolutions with their pasts.
A-Train shows up for a fight then is forced to 'stay' in The Seven by Homelander for PR reasons.
In the final scene, Noir 2 tracks down Butcher and is killed by Butcher's cancer symbiote as we finally get a glimpse of how it works.
Ummm, Ryan and Homelander have a pseudo fight and one of the girls (Firecracker / Sage / Ashley) accidentally gets killed by Ryan, giving Homelander blackmail material to force Ryan to stay with him until an appropriate point in Season 5.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I thought that too actually her face looks better. I wouldn't be shocked if they were doctoring it slightly, but who knows if she'd sign off on that.
I could be wrong, but stuff like botox tends to "soften" over time. Could just be her face slowly reverting some of the mods as time wears on.

• 1Like

Mahes

I will say this was the best episode of the season. The story actually moved on at a descent pace. I watched most of this episode. There were a couple of scenes with Starlight where she almost looked like her pre-face surgery self. It was strange given that I used to just wince every time she was on the screen this season. Hughie should have figured out something was wrong with Starlight. Her eyes never glowed. That episode at least made me interested in the finale.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
if this were being written by non-tards, I would hope that Sage's master plan is to frame the Boys for the assassination of the President. That would be an interesting plot move. Alas, I have no faith in the writers, so the story will be shit.

This episode was better than the last, but that is pretty much a given considering the dogshit of last week. I'm sure it was shown at some point and i didn't notice, but who is the flying Noir replacement? He ate a minigun drubbing so he obviously has some serious defense and can fly. Does he do anything else power-wise?

The end twist worked.

• 2Like