The Boys

spronk

FPS noob
yeah Sage is definitely orchestrating things, she left her master-plan-book behind knowing Homelander/Firecracker will pick it up and use it, so her "plan" will continue.

I'd guess she has one of two plans: setup civil war between supes and normies and then either supes win, essentially Planet of the Apes (Supes), OR she knows a lot about the virus already and is setting up a scenario where the virus is released and wipes out supes or mutates and wipes out normies. She did mention she could "cure cancer at 12" or whatever so its not that wild to believe she already has created an airborne virus that can kill who she wants, the question just is who. Does she hate herself or normies more?

the funny thing is you can also see how a group of retarded writers think they are being clever with all these end games too. "We have to commit mass suicide to save the planet" or "Minorities could rise up and wipe out the majority if they wanted, they are just too good and saintly to go through with it even though the majority are tyrants to them". Homelander is just a tool to show how evil operates for them, and they are still pissed he is everyone's favorite character lol

The episode has good structural bones and scene setups but it keeps bumping up HARD against the biggest problem now: the major characters have such ludicrously thick plot armor that they keep getting into outrageous "ok they are dead now" situations and walk away with just a bruise. Literally every character should have died this episode with season 1 rules but nothing happens. The only death is some weirdo spiderman deviant we don't give a shit about. Who cares about stakes and tension if you know Butcher, Deep, A-Train, Hughie, MM, and Starlight can never die no matter what?

Annie has also tossed around cars and punched through safe steel walls, some bolts attached to wood should be zero issue for her.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Annie has also tossed around cars and punched through safe steel walls, some bolts attached to wood should be zero issue for her.
...but didn't you see that the chain is titanium? TITANIUM!! There's no way to get out of that!

Nitpick I noticed for this episode: It didn't seem to have internal consistency within itself in regards to the octopus. At the beginning they are laying in bed, like they just had "sex" and she was talking fine. So unless they laid down a second before the cameras started rolling, it makes no sense that she had trouble breathing and died so fast after Deep broke her tank.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nitpick I noticed for this episode: It didn't seem to have internal consistency within itself in regards to the octopus. At the beginning they are laying in bed, like they just had "sex" and she was talking fine. So unless they laid down a second before the cameras started rolling, it makes no sense that she had trouble breathing and died so fast after Deep broke her tank.
I thought the same thing.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looking online, they can survive up to 20-30 minutes on average outside water

That whole scene mostly felt like a way to make the Deep irredeemable - he’s been a douche/jerk and selfish, but he has always been protective with aquatic stuff unless forced.

This scene just mostly felt like self-serving murder

They’re basically pulling a Gul Dukat - they realize they wrote the character a little too sympathetic/likable, so they’re doing a major shift so the audience will be fine with him dying

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sage is no Kai Winn, but this new Odo variation has a nice ass. I do agree for the finale *someone* needs to die but without knowing the direction S5 is going in can't tell who.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
...but didn't you see that the chain is titanium? TITANIUM!! There's no way to get out of that!

I think you're asking way too much for a show that features octopus fucking.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My order of likely deaths at end of season

1) Ryan
2) Ashley
3) MM
4) Neumann

Ryan is most likely because he is only thing keeping Butcher from going plan “kill all Supes”.

Ashley next for obvious reasons

MM next because he is sort of the glue of the team.

Neumann last because i could see her having a change of heart

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i know who the shapeshifter is, think about who the most fucked up person it would be to have sex with hughie

his mom

• 4WTF
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I feel like I missed something with Noir. I thought he disappeared and then they got some random actor to take his place for photo ops and such. But it seemed like he had Noir's super powers last episode during the fight, along with flight.

I guess the random actor they got was in actuality an extremely strong supe near Noir (a member of the 7's) power level?

Or is it the real Noir and something changed that I don't remember last season?

• 1Solidarity

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
My order of likely deaths at end of season

1) Ryan
2) Ashley
3) MM
4) Neumann

Ryan is most likely because he is only thing keeping Butcher from going plan “kill all Supes”.

Ashley next for obvious reasons

MM next because he is sort of the glue of the team.

Neumann last because i could see her having a change of heart
A-Train has got to be the most likely by a bit. He settled his issue with Hughie and is pretty much redeeming himself, that's bad news for him.
Frenchie should also be up for consideration for similar reasons, his storyline is sort of drying up but they can always bring up some random people from his past.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I thought it was made clear that Noir 2 was a supe actor pretending to be Noir 1.

They haven't specified what Noir 2's powers are, beyond flight and 'standard' supe strength and durability / regeneration.
Edit: and presumably acrobatics / flexibility, if he was going to be in Vought's Cirque du Soleil equivalent.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
if this were being written by non-tards, I would hope that Sage's master plan is to frame the Boys for the assassination of the President. That would be an interesting plot move. Alas, I have no faith in the writers, so the story will be shit.

This episode was better than the last, but that is pretty much a given considering the dogshit of last week. I'm sure it was shown at some point and i didn't notice, but who is the flying Noir replacement? He ate a minigun drubbing so he obviously has some serious defense and can fly. Does he do anything else power-wise?

The end twist worked.
She'll probably join them to help kill homelander with her super voodoo magic lightning intellect in the final season.

I know I've said it before, first season was fun and something at least new, second season was okay but started interjecting politics, third season was bad, but had its moments, this one is abysmal.

Yeah you can say this was the best episode of the season but if there were six other episodes that all sucked, what the hell is the point of the show. It's still not an amazing episode, more akin to the turd in the portapotty with the least kernels of corn.

I'm sure the season finale will be crazy and goofy or whatever, but who really cares. It's been hijacked, and I can't imagine next seasons going to be any better, if not worse, especially dependent upon what happens in the election, considering how hard they're rolling on current day politics being infused into every scene of the show.

Also, I don't know what happens in the comics, but turning the degeneracy up to 11, well I don't believe on their target audience any longer. Crazy things sprinkled here and there, yeah it could be funny or gross, but every goddamn episode or scene, it's just this whole thing of having the one up itself every season and every episode.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They’re going to save most of the deaths for the final season - as for your Sage theory, I think she might take the place of the person Butcher sees at the end of the comics that enables his plan. Then they’ll make it into some 5D chess thing even though it seems to work against her interests

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
They’re going to save most of the deaths for the final season - as for your Sage theory, I think she might take the place of the person Butcher sees at the end of the comics that enables his plan. Then they’ll make it into some 5D chess thing even though it seems to work against her interests
Yeah I have a feeling she'll probably end up joining the boys, but maybe that was part of her plan all along!

bigolas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah you can say this was the best episode of the season but if there were six other episodes that all sucked, what the hell is the point of the show. It's still not an amazing episode, more akin to the turd in the portapotty with the least kernels of corn.

I'm sure the season finale will be crazy and goofy or whatever, but who really cares. It's been hijacked, and I can't imagine next seasons going to be any better, if not worse, especially dependent upon what happens in the election, considering how hard they're rolling on current day politics being infused into every scene of the show.
This episode was easily the best of the season and I expect the next one will be better. They've stalled the story so much to tell their truthcon, federalist society, abortion, euthanasia side stories. S2 was the stormfront season, S3 was SB. This season had nothing comparable. It's still following the same formula of 1 mission/episode but they advance the story at a snail's pace. The final episode will surely be eventful and will have the violent insurrection on Jan 6 and that's where the predicted deaths will happen and Homelander/Trump will murder a lot of people.

This, but not in his imagination.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
i know who the shapeshifter is, think about who the most fucked up person it would be to have sex with hughie

his mom

I mean if the shifter had turned into her while on top of Hughie I definitely would have laughed. That character is so bad, I'm down for some psychological torture.

• 1Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
This episode was easily the best of the season and I expect the next one will be better. They've stalled the story so much to tell their truthcon, federalist society, abortion, euthanasia side stories. S2 was the stormfront season, S3 was SB. This season had nothing comparable. It's still following the same formula of 1 mission/episode but they advance the story at a snail's pace. The final episode will surely be eventful and will have the violent insurrection on Jan 6 and that's where the predicted deaths will happen and Homelander/Trump will murder a lot of people.

This, but not in his imagination.

Yeah I agree, but the point I was saying is why the hell even bother if the last episode was the best one and maybe the next episode will be somewhat entertaining when the entire season has sucked.

It's just pretty obvious they don't have any good ideas and it's just stupid filler up to major plot shift, and of the audience into watching the entire dumbass season. Don't get me wrong on this guilty as anybody else, getting strung along thinking oh the next episode might be a little bit better maybe they're setting stuff up. But when it's constant stupid political BS getting beaten over my head, and it's not a fun show to watch anymore, I got better shit to do with my time.

Like bitch about this with you guys! Seriously it was a show that at least enjoyed and I don't want a lot of new stuff, and it's just a shame that it really has gone downhill big time. I was hoping that the new true detective season was going to be good and watched it, because at least I enjoyed the other standalone seasons, and boy was I in for a surprise.

Big Hollywood is creatively bankrupt, but doesn't mean there's still not those folks out there making good Cinema, and I guess those diamonds shine a hell of a lot brighter when everything looks so fucking rough.

Guess that's why I still trying to get stuff a chance.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
The Presidential assassination episode is about to get way more interesting!

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If singer is getting assassinated I hope they don't get all lame about it and delay or edit the episode.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lol I didn't think about that

You can't cut a major plotpoint when it is the season finale without making it not make any sense. Episode doesn't come out for close to a week - I think at best they'll throw a disclaimer up before the episode and at worst they might do a small edit/cut of a scene.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users