The Boys

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Finally caught up.

Every scene with Starlight is 100% uncanny valley territory. Just bizarre and hard to look at.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

the nut allergy was a real thing too in s1. wonder if he can fly IRL

season finale this week

• 6Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

bigolas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Their total silence since the Trump event is proof enough they've made their entire show too Trump-centric.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Their total silence since the Trump event is proof enough they've made their entire show too Trump-centric.

Their next episode is about an assassination attempt and there's an ongoing presidential election in the show, so I'd be really quiet too if I were them, even if it wasn't written by TDS-afflicted writers.

• 1Like

bigolas

Their next episode is about an assassination attempt and there's an ongoing presidential election in the show, so I'd be really quiet too if I were them, even if it wasn't written by TDS-afflicted writers.
Not even a post here unrelated to the final episode.
It's not like the country is mourning. All entertainment shows go on. It also shouldn't be that hard to edit a 30 sec trailer in a way that doesn't allude to Trump or assassination especially when trailers just show some action with no spoiler.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I predict the plan doesn’t go to plan because Ryan dies. Homelander will just be “fuck it” and take over the country instead. They let the audience know the only thing holding Homelander back is his need of acceptance or to be loved. If he moves past that (which Ryan dying would probably achieve), then complex coups or plans mean nothing to him anymore. It becomes simple to him: no one can stop me so I’ll just stop pretending or caring and just do what I want

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Since Ryan appears to have Homelander power scheme, how exactly does Ryan die? Even shitty d-list supes can take a minigun barrage to the chest unscathed. Unless Homelander is the one that kills him, I'm curious how this could come about.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My guess is accidental friendly fire by Homelander, virus exposure, or some supe power that bypasses his physical invuln (like the blood bending)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This got groan worthy real quick, why is everything worse? Plot lines look ripped off of an angry feminists fever dream, everything is less coherent, the edginess went from campy /slightly cringey to over the top cringe, and to top it off starlight wtf , eat a fuckin sandwich. Atleast the gore is still decent , but they need to put this one out to pasture real soon.

• 1Like

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How is this not being discussed yet. That was the episode I wish all episodes were like. It had perfect progression with a few conclusions. You could just skip all the episodes up too the last two , watch the recap, and it would have been a damn good season of the Boys. I am hoping we get a great season 5 with some serious carnage.

That last moment with Kimiko....damn..

• 1Like

bigolas

Eventful as predicted.
I didn't think Neuman would die so soon. There were much less deaths than predicted but only because for some unknown reason they take the boys into custody instead of simply eliminating them.
Of course the season ended with that Avengers : Infinity war feel. Fuck Jessica Chou one last time this year.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
It was less of a wet fart than I expected, but did nothing to justify large chunks of the season.

As people online have pointed out, all The Boys did in this episode was protect someone (that then went to prison*) then protect someone else (that one of them then killed). Arguably nothing would have changed if they stayed in bed that morning. More to the point, nothing mattered to the filler arcs of the season (Kimiko and Frenchie backstories, Starlight powers, etc.)

Hell, if you had added to episode 1:
a Butcher blackout with tumor wriggling
A sage intro
A firecracker intro with milk production
A-train looking disillusioned

... you could immediately jump to episode 8 and miss virtually nothing from the season.

I like that they are resetting to the Season 1 world (acting in the shadows when any supe can kill them instantly with no consequences) but if Amazon hadn't done the smart thing and announced Season 5 was the end, I think a lot of us would have contemplated dropping off and waiting to hear if it wrapped up well.

*That's not how impeachnent works. And as soon as be was sworn in, Singer wasn't going to jail. (Arguably once the electoral votes were certified, he wasn't.)

bigolas

Why blame him?
1721324232606.png

• 2Like
  • 2Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Why blame him?
Because they absolved all responsibility with the shifter syphilis line, it's okay if she was emotional and mad in the moment they would still be fucking if not for the ending. So it won't be referenced at all next season.

Revenge of the Nerds 1 got cancelled for the mask impersonation but getting literally shapeshifter raped and mind raped still gives you the blame.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Lacking season ended very strong. So it's going to be Venom Butcher becoming the anti-Homelander, just tearing through supes while piecing back together the boys. I'm assuming they needed Frenchie to make a cure for the virus because Karim's out there.

Thought they were low dosing Firecracker with some virus Neuman had cooked up and it was passing to Homelander via breastmilk, but I guess not. Or maybe so? That's why she was ill rather than side effects from the lactation medicine. We'll see where that ends up.

I liked Sage doing it all just to see if she could. Much cooler than some secret plan to strike back at those who wronged her or whatever the fuck. Some one that smart would be more bored than vengeful.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
To be clear, seeing comic*-Butcher in the show rip through people like he did in Season 1 (remember Haley Joel Osment) before the showrunners retconned that every supe has durability should be amusing. I am thinking every actor who played a minor supe in previous seasons has a pretty high chance of getting killed by Butcher next season.

*In the comics, Butcher is a trained CIA killer who is given V from isssue one, and he absolutely wrecks minor supes, who (at most) have only ever fought human thugs and are completely unprepared for him. The show decided to go with the heroes being the underdogs instead, which then resulted in so much plot armor for them I didn't consider any of them at risk in this episode.

spronk

FPS noob
great finale, especially knowing the next season is the final season. The shapeshifter assassin turned out to be a bit of a wet do nothing fart, but I was legit shocked who died. Kimiko finally screaming was brutal. I guess we did finally get that Gen V legit more-than-a-cameo.

I wonder what is gonna happen to Ashley, she was turning into moleman lol

Butcher was awesome in that crazy unpredictable way, not sure exactly how the fuck Sage thought this was gonna go down the way it did since everything depended insanely on a lot of luck and characters acting in no way she could predict (especially Butcher and Starlight) but whatever.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users