The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They'll probably end up cancelling TDS and giving Tosh a show every night. Politics is so pathetic right now that it's not even funny to make fun of anymore.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yeah, my vote would have been for him to be more hardcore as well, but with the exception of the Islam issue this is about the only other incident I can think of where he specifically targets liberals. Hopefully as the SJW movement picks up speed, so will his vitriol.. I'm just glad SOMEONE out there on national TV that claims to be a liberal finally had the balls to stand up and call out the SJW movement for what it is. Shit's getting out of control.

Cybsled

They'll probably end up cancelling TDS and giving Tosh a show every night. Politics is so pathetic right now that it's not even funny to make fun of anymore.
Rumor is they may try to go a little more international with TDS vs. the standard Faux News bashing
wink.png

iannis

Musty Nester
Shit is real, real, real fucking bizzaro world when I listen to Bill Maher. And it's even worse when I listen to him and say, "Well, at least someone is saying it to the people that need to hear it."

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This video makes me want to see TDS become more conservative than what Stewart had.

I watched a few Jon Oliver vids, all the ones I watched seemed leftist to the point of being dishonest and fake rage. Is that still the same? I like bipartisan comedy better than partisan comedy because it's more honest when everyone gets a beating. Plus when the writers get together in the morning and say, "Ok how can we laugh at the other side for what they did last week?" it produces worse product than when they get together and say, "Ok, what happened last week that we can laugh at?".

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This video makes me want to see TDS become more conservative than what Stewart had.

I watched a few Jon Oliver vids, all the ones I watched seemed leftist to the point of being dishonest and fake rage. Is that still the same? I like bipartisan comedy better than partisan comedy because it's more honest when everyone gets a beating. Plus when the writers get together in the morning and say, "Ok how can we laugh at the other side for what they did last week?" it produces worse product than when they get together and say, "Ok, what happened last week that we can laugh at?".
That just sounds like bias because I don't think either show is like this at all.

iannis

Musty Nester
Oliver is pretty far to the left, and some episodes are worse than others. While I don't always agree with him and he will tend to say shit that makes me fast forward through a whole segment, I do actually think he's doing a pretty good job of it. At least S1. I haven't stolen S2 yet. He's not on my "must see" list. He's on my "I'm bored" list. But he made that list, by damn!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That just sounds like bias because I don't think either show is like this at all.
Maybe you're right. I don't watch much Oliver but liked him on TDS. I don't want to give people homework, but please link a video of him where you think he's going after liberals like a bipartisan comedian would.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
TDS has never been lenient on democrats when they've done things that are stupid or corrupt or otherwise mockable. One party just does more stupid shit/says more stupid things.

LWT doesn't even cover much in the way of US right/left politics.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Oh come on, at least by american political standards, both TDS and Jon Oliver were very much to the left.

Doesn't mean I don't think Jon Oliver is doing an amazing job when he is bashing the NCAA, covering net neutrality or the NSA or whatever else. However, lets not pretend he spends equal time thinking about bashing liberals. He is, at a minimum, selecting pieces that he knows will play well with his left leaning audience.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oliver is pretty far to the left, and some episodes are worse than others. While I don't always agree with him and he will tend to say shit that makes me fast forward through a whole segment, I do actually think he's doing a pretty good job of it. At least S1. I haven't stolen S2 yet. He's not on my "must see" list. He's on my "I'm bored" list. But he made that list, by damn!
I mostly agree. He's pretty far left and the social topics interest me less than his economic ones. When the topic is about corruption and the like, the show is very good.

iannis

Musty Nester
Not explicitly. But they do talk around the issue. And his slant is obvious, intentional, and perfectly fine. It's just pretty far fucking left, too.