The Fast Food Thread

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
If Burger King doesn't do something about their food quality soon, they won't be in business in 5 years. Their food has crossed the line of just bad, into god-awful.

This is a pretty common issue with their onion rings. I realized today why I haven't had them in years as I recall similar issues last time. Also, if you go online, BK onion rings seems notorious for terrible gas and diarrhea from what I am reading from people (I'm only getting ungodly bad gas and slight cramping). So it has to be the batter or the zesty sauce as their fries don't cause me issues.

The Bacon Whopper tasted good and the fries the Mrs. had caused 0 issues for her.

Thankfully we only eat fast food maybe once a week or every two weeks.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Burger King's onion rings are a guaranteed mustard gas fart creator. It's the rehydrated onions they use, I'm pretty sure. ALSO the Zesty Sauce that comes with them can't help. I still eat the shit out of them, just don't go clubbing afterwards.

Otherwise I like BK's food a lot, actually. When their fries are good they're great. If you don't like Mayo/onions don't eat at BK. It's the combination of toppings with the burger that makes it. Their bacon whopper is pretty good and the temporal Angry Whopper is among the elitist of fast food items ever.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
noo I had one of those chicken things and it was actually good! and their double stack taco thing is always good - I don't know why its not a constant on the menu- its not like they don't have the items to make it all the time.
It's because, imo only without anything to back it up, that the higher ups are looking at something, and if it doesn't do as well as the Loco tacos they are calling it a "failure". So shit that's great, but not insanely popular, gets canned.

But more than likely it has to do with franchise feedback how shits messing up drive through times because it takes so long to get more chicken shells out of the fryer if they run out.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I have not been to wendy's in a while cause the ones near me suck(!).

But I was out of town and decided to go get some jr bacon's cause I love them so much. Last time I ordered a JBC they were $1.39 each, now they are god damn 2.79?? what in the fuck man.

fuckers removed 4pc nuggets from the menu and only have 6pc for 2.29

And they fucking put regular mayo on my swiss JBC instead of ranch.

fuck you wendy's.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>

But I was out of town and decided to go get some jr bacon's cause I love them so much. Last time I ordered a JBC they were $1.39 each, now they are god damn 2.79?? what in the fuck man.

fuck you wendy's.

CORPORATE AMERICA. SAVING 1CENT AT A TIME.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
well I know what I'm having for breakfast

wOCRH2m.jpg

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm

fuck you wendy's.
Did you go to a truck stop wendys or otherwise high cost of living place? They are like 1.69 here

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Had a Naked Chicken Chalupa from Taco Bell today, was really nice. Wasn't nearly as oily as I thought it would be. FYI it's a taco using a flexible fried chicken shell (don't ask me how they get it so flexible).

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
They make the chicken do stretches before slaughtering them.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Well their chicken not looking like chicken is a sign right there that something is off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If I remember correctly, their ham and some other meats are "turkey based product" or something similar.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tried Naked Chicken and it hit me way better than I expected. I almost took a detour to get one today.

I didn't know it would be seasoned. It's like a Bojangles patty wrapped around avocado ranch.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Tried Naked Chicken and it hit me way better than I expected. I almost took a detour to get one today.

I didn't know it would be seasoned. It's like a Bojangles patty wrapped around avocado ranch.

It's basically everything the double down wanted to be. It's light but filling, fried but not greasy, perfect bread/chicken ratio. Sad to see we're losing it so fast but I hope they god they put it on the rotation list. If not it will be in the stories I tell when I'm in my 80's.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah as disgusting as the Double Down was in theory, it was delicious.

• 1Solidarity