The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm all doing fantastic on my diet, then I pop in here and see that fucker @BrutulTM shilling delicious looking hatch chile beef sticks that I cannot locate. Why u do dis?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Beef sticks are mostly good for you though - no carbs at least, or very few from the sugar.

I haven't had fast food in over 2 months and I'm dying to get some.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I have been trying so hard to keep my carbohydrate intake limited to beer, but noooo...co-worker brings in St. Louis Bread. Co. (Panera to the rest of you) bagels this morning. I have been up for hours, my protein bar has worn off and I succumbed to blueberry deliciousness. *sigh*

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've been doing about 20 - 30 grams of carbs a day for two weeks now. Shit ain't fun.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Carbs are delicious, you all crazy to cut them down. Nothing wrong with them.

Also sodium gonna explode your hearts you keep pounding beef sticks

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd imagine many people in this thread are either diabetic or pre-diabetic or morbidly obese so yes carbs are bad

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm all doing fantastic on my diet, then I pop in here and see that fucker @BrutulTM shilling delicious looking hatch chile beef sticks that I cannot locate. Why u do dis?
I don't know about the hatch chile ones specifically, but the regular smoked sausage beef jerky from Duke's are good for low carb. Should check it out.

• 1Like

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
The sodium is definitely high at 390 mg a serving...1/3 of daily rec total...but that's less than 1/4 tsp of table salt; for the 7 g protein, 1 carb and 120 cal I will take the salt.
The half a bagel I ate was worse for me in re almost every other regard.

McCheese

I'd imagine many people in this thread are either diabetic or pre-diabetic or morbidly obese so yes carbs are bad

I bet most people in this thread aren't any of those things. Stop projecting!

*Edit* Except me, but I'm working on it. Just hit a BMI of 33!!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am diabetic, openly. I know my weight and what I eat and when I see what some people say on here I can only imagine they're within inches of death

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Carbs are delicious, you all crazy to cut them down. Nothing wrong with them.

Also sodium gonna explode your hearts you keep pounding beef sticks
I agree there is nothing wrong with carbs, but it's much easier for me to cut weight by cutting carbs. Two months of super low carbs lets me pretty much eat 10 months however I want(as long as I keep working out).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That burger sounds amazing but I'll never understand the fascination with caramel shakes which is essentially what I imagine yellow diarrhea would taste like just chilled instead of warm

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Think i mentioned falling in love with Wendy's again after the local one stepped it's quality up. But currently rustled i saw some awesome breakfast items on their website. Only to discover in a 100 Mile swath of the state i frequent, none of them open for breakfast.............

This is on top of them cutting spicy nuggets. Our McDonald's also never got the chicken biscuits some states do

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That burger sounds amazing but I'll never understand the fascination with caramel shakes which is essentially what I imagine yellow diarrhea would taste like just chilled instead of warm

You're really testing the limits of this brolationship.

• 1Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Alright, I got the BBQ bacon cheeseburger from Smashburger

Burger: Good, definitely above average. Bread was good, ,bacon crispy.The sauce was a mess, which I guess is working as intended. Their "big"burger wouldn't even be an appetizer for McCheese, that shit was amateur hour.

Fries: who knows, because I got the onion rings. Which are fucking AMAZING. They are so good. So, so good.Very thin, crispy, good seasoning. I could have eaten like 5 orders of those.

Shake: Their shakes are bad. Too much milk, not enough shake, na'mean? I got the Butterfinger shake, because that is a superior candy. It was like drinking vanilla milk with crushed up butterfingers in it. And let's be clear, I finished it, but it was awful. The crushed up butterfingers resembled the texture of dirt in the milkshake and seemed to lose some of their taste.

Overall: Above average burger chain, DEM FUCKING ONION RINGS, and whoever makes their shakes should be shot for war crimes. Literal Hitler.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

Burger: Good, definitely above average. Bread was good, ,bacon crispy.The sauce was a mess, which I guess is working as intended. Their "big"burger wouldn't even be an appetizer for McCheese, that shit was amateur hour.

Man, I said that shit in this very god damn thread months (years?) ago and was met with nothing but ridicule! Smashburger burgers are FUCKING SMALL ASS BURGERS. Finally I feel like I have some vindication. Suck it, losers.

giphy.gif