The Fast Food Thread

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
They finally got around to opening a Carl Jnrs in Japan last month, and it's only about 20 minutes walk from my house.

What's good there? I'm eager to try it because "The company apparently also wants to ensure Japanese consumers get the authentic Carl's Jr. experience, stating they won't be changing their recipes for the region."

Which is quite rare here. So, what should I order, my fellow fast food connoisseurs?
This might be considered blasphemy around here, but Carl's Jr. actually has the best chicken tenders of any place I can get to at lunch time. Aside from that, I usually just get a Western Bacon Cheeseburger, but those aren't really anything to get excited about.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Naw, you're right. They have legit chicken tenders. Probably the best of any of the major fast food joints around here (BK, McD's, KFC, Carl's Jr, Jack in the Box).

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tried the new Wendy's jalepeno chicken sandwich.
Flavors don't work at all; Thumbs Down
4.5/10

Finally tried Popeye's.
They're known for chicken but I'm a sucker for Po' Boys. Didn't look like picture at all. The bread was soggy/rubbery as if microwaved, the shrimp was nowhere near as loaded as the picture. I'd ask for extra tartar next time. But there would be a next time because the shrimp itself had a good taste and crunch. Thumbs Up
5.5/10

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
They finally got around to opening a Carl Jnrs in Japan last month, and it's only about 20 minutes walk from my house.

What's good there? I'm eager to try it because "The company apparently also wants to ensure Japanese consumers get the authentic Carl?s Jr. experience, stating they won?t be changing their recipes for the region."

Which is quite rare here. So, what should I order, my fellow fast food connoisseurs?
I'll be in Japan this month for 11 days. Are there any fast food chains I should be trying?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tried the new Wendy's jalepeno chicken sandwich.
Flavors don't work at all; Thumbs Down
4.5/10

Finally tried Popeye's.
They're known for chicken but I'm a sucker for Po' Boys. Didn't look like picture at all. The bread was soggy/rubbery as if microwaved, the shrimp was nowhere near as loaded as the picture. I'd ask for extra tartar next time. But there would be a next time because the shrimp itself had a good taste and crunch. Thumbs Up
5.5/10
Fast food shrimp? I'll never trust it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Can confirm Popeye's shrimps are indeed 2 legit 2 quit.

Don't get the poyboy, stick to their best items. Spicy tenders, red beans and rice, mashed potatoes and cajun gravy, dirty rice, try all their dipping sauces and make sure you get that cajun sparkle. Hot damn it's good.

Edit: forgot the fucking biscuits!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Mardi Gras sauce sounds like a drunken facial you give to a chick in exchange for a crate of beads

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
@Popeyes didn't try the biscuits but the family did and they looked weak, almost smooth like rolls. None of the kids finished theirs.

I'll try them again, but they aren't everywhere.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
@Popeyes didn't try the biscuits but the family did and they looked weak, almost smooth like rolls. None of the kids finished theirs.

I'll try them again, but they aren't everywhere.
Just admit it, you fucked up.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Spicy chicken strips and biscuits are the two best items at Popeye's, which I've renamed PopAss in reverence to the Angry Black Females with monstrous behinds always clogging the line at the Popeye's down the street from me. I'd go more often but every time I do one of the aforementioned black women gets into a huge fight with the person behind the counter over hand picking chicken pieces, or the patron behind her for complaining about the extended wait. Word to the wise: don't roll your eyes or otherwise make any noise regarding a 300 lb black woman's desire to hand pick chicken pieces or her right to a gallon worth of ketchup packets she wants to take home.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
@Popeyes didn't try the biscuits
good-day-sir.png

Xevy

Log Wizard
Had Angriest Whopper:

Bun was a bit soggy, but there is some heat in every bite as it's very Tabasco-ee. I think I preferred the regular Angry Whopper with a normal bun overall, but I'd get it again.

Also got my first bad batch of BK fries. Sad.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Had Angriest Whopper:

Bun was a bit soggy, but there is some heat in every bite as it's very Tabasco-ee. I think I preferred the regular Angry Whopper with a normal bun overall, but I'd get it again.

Also got my first bad batch of BK fries. Sad.
Now let us know the important part. Was your poop green?