The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pitioss Dungeon 1m34s from start to Black Hood looting (perfect would probably be like 80 seconds)

Malakriss

Patch 1.03 is live in some regions. People who did the Aranea bug to get her to stick around with their party are starting NG+ with her walking alongside the party as they push the car.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I enjoyed the game quite a bit (haven't done much postgame stuff, however. Hurray holidays) though I would completely concur with just about all the major complaints. Jump+"Do" is a stupid idea in every game ever. The story fails pretty hard to get you to care about the majority of characters, except the party and Cindy/Cid/Iris. Everyone else is "eh, ok" at best.
The Emperor being basically a huge bait and switch was pretty lame, and Ravus as well. Giant Wasps (not the little killer ones that get one-shotted by a warp strike) being by far the most annoying enemies in the game, with couerls when you first come across them a close second, was pretty dumb. The disjointed nature of... well, the vast majority of the game, was pretty lame as well. Good thing the combat and general gameplay were pretty awesome, and the AP system was fairly neat as well. I did get a little misty eyed at the final post credits scene with Noctis saying he was totally ready to die, right up until he got back together with his buds. The road trip vibe with some friends was extremely well done. If the game had been written that way from the get-go it would have been stellar, and not have the incredibly ham-fisted romance plot as well as the "evil empire that is already dying and corrupt and falls apart all on its own" actually get mildly fleshed out a bit before Resident Fantasy.

Liked the game, and if they add quality content I'm on board. But if it's FF13-2 "content" I'm going to pass.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Nm on original post. "Intentionally ambiguous" just means bad writing.

I'll go with:
Thanks a bunch for being a great guy and using your unique and unexplained power to stall Ifrit's demon plague. Now sit tight for a few thousand years until this crystal powers up enough to poop out someone who can kill you.

PS: You're totally going to go insane. But thanks for reals. If it's any consolation, the True King you're so jealous of is going to burn to ash right along with you, ending your entire lineage.

Last edited:

Xalara

Golden Squire
Someone managed to take the info from FFXIII, the leaks from that one staff member, and the notes scattered around the game world to properly summarize the story: My Interpretation of the Final Fantasy XV Story (MASSIVE SPOILERS) • /r/FFXV

So basically, the cuts really hurt the story. On the bright side the story they were attempting to tell was good unlike FFXIII?

Edit: I think I'll just ignore the story now that I've finished it and stick to the awesome road trip.

Malakriss

Holiday Pack should be live in NA at either 00:00 EST or 00:00 PST.
In my tests I was getting 1 AP for Warrior and 2 AP for Blitzers. While that is VERY low, if you add it to the shield farming method, it is still 3 ap extra everytime. Minimal but it adds up.
Nixperience Band prevents you from gaining levels when resting, but the experience points keep adding to your pool so you can use it for big leveling on a 2.0x or 3.0x hotel

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You guys think this is worth picking up at $35? I enjoyed the final fantasies of yester-year, but I don't think I've played one since FFX (I remember enjoying it).

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Progressed through the story and got to ch.13. What the fuck is this bullshit?

Just finished it last night myself and was thinking the same thing. Most of CH13 felt like playing a shitty version of Arkham Asylum.

Warped back to Lucis and I'm just gonna pretend the second half of the game never happened. Fuck the wedding, fuck being king, fuck all that, from now on this game is just going to be bros on a road trip doing hunts and dungeons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Just finished it last night myself and was thinking the same thing. Most of CH13 felt like playing a shitty version of Arkham Asylum.

Warped back to Lucis and I'm just gonna pretend the second half of the game never happened. Fuck the wedding, fuck being king, fuck all that, from now on this game is just going to be bros on a road trip doing hunts and dungeons.
Chapter 14 is actually pretty good, too bad it doesn't make sense at all since they cut out all story leading up to it

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Chapter 14 is actually pretty good, too bad it doesn't make sense at all since they cut out all story leading up to it

I don't disagree, the story is actually pretty good the problem is it's not in the actual game. Instead you have to go find complied posts on Reddit from the strategy guide, 4chan leaks, and people who found notes/radios all over the game to make sense of it all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Made a big deal a little while back about wanting this game on release to play with you guys, and wife ended up getting it for me for Christmas.

Guess I'll be doing some of this over the next week or so while I'm still on break!

Hope not disappointed. :(

Xalara

Golden Squire
Made a big deal a little while back about wanting this game on release to play with you guys, and wife ended up getting it for me for Christmas.

Guess I'll be doing some of this over the next week or so while I'm still on break!

Hope not disappointed. :(

Two things you need to know. The first is that there's a bunch of hidden stuff in combat, you don't need to know it to finish the game but look up a guide to learn some of the more intricate parts since it'll make combat more fun (namely, use control scheme B or C so you can better block and attack). The second thing you need to know is that Chapter 9 is where the open world ends. You can go back to the open world at any point after that at camps.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Have been super hyped for this game but wasn't able to afford it when it came out. Got it as a Christmas present and I'm at Chapter 5 now.

This game is really good when it's good but I echo the criticisms people have about the camera and sidequests. But the biggest disappointment for me is the lack of focus on the narrative. I watched Kingsglaive multiple times up to the release of the game, and when I first saw the scene where King Regis addresses Noct on the steps before he leaves it was very emotionally powerful and I was just left with this "Holy shit" feeling as I watched the subtext crawl across Regis's face. But since then there haven't been any good narrative storytelling moments. Dialogue is kept short and terse between all the characters, or innocuous. The events of Chapter 4 were barely explained, too.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Also, XV has some really bad bugs. When I was running around Duscae on a chocobo, I ran past this Coeurl, and I had been running past him for like 10 minutes to a quest destination before I realized that combat never broke so I couldn't interact with anything and I couldn't get back on my chocobo. So I had to run all the way back to the coeurl (even with warping it took like 15 minutes), reengage it, then disengage it to get combat to break.

Another time I was wielding one of the HP drain weapons and my HP dropped to danger right as I destroyed a Magitek Armor. Combat ended, my HP started regenning, then the Armor exploded and outright killed me. Then the game froze on the Game Over screen.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This all isn't boding well for me who's about to start playing this. :(

Malakriss

I haven't seen any of these rare bugs that pop up in 100+ hours of playing. The game does auto-save at reasonable places and you can manually save in most places if they do.

Also, you do have a couple seconds to Phoenix Down Noctis if his max health hits zero too.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Only real bug I had was when I turned in a quest and got a new one, after I accepted I couldn't interact with anyone or open any menus. Ended up having to restart and lost about 15 minutes of play. Not a huge deal, but annoying.