The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not sure what floor I'm on, 70 or 80 probably but I haven't had any problems at all with the fights. I've only used camps every 3rd campfire or so and I'm gaining more elixirs than I'm using. Only deaths in the party really have been to psychomancers since I think they have an instant death attack. Mainly using Zwill cross blades and 3 magitek v1 suits for Noctis

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just got into Chapter 12 this past weekend, and holy shit at how obvious it is that they had the world built up to the Cleigne area, and the bean counters said, you have 6 months to release it. So they then gave up even trying to build any more zones, grabbed the major plot points at the end of each chapter, built a small area around it, and called it a game. It's not so offensive that I can't stand it, but it's not really all that good either. The gameplay alone carried the game until Chapter 9, but then all of that kind of goes away as even the mechanics change (so far) for most of the battles. Either through loss of party members, or going into QTE mode wholesale, or some mixture of between.

The story is completely nonsensical at this point, but I will admit that I'm terrible at reading in between lines, and totally missed things like what the train scene really meant, but then again I don't feel that is an effective way to actually convey a story in the first place. I still held onto hope that the bonus content would be worth it, but reading the last few posts, they remind me of some of the Chalice dungeons from Bloodborne with those silly restrictions and what not, I'm not sure that sounds too appealing either. I really really want to like this game, but damn if it isn't just way too incomplete for that to happen. Here's to hoping that FFXVI reverses the trend of the last 3 non MMO main line entries.

Last edited:

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Honestly we just need Final Fantasy XV: Director's Cut. There is an extremely solid game underneath the few (but important) areas of crud.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Figured I would tackle the Adamantoise while I was waiting for FFXIV to patch. It was horrible. With the exception of a pretty cool mini cutscene, the fight was long, boring, and frustrating. I should just stop playing the postgame content because it's ruining my love for the game.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly we just need Final Fantasy XV: Director's Cut. There is an extremely solid game underneath the few (but important) areas of crud.

I completely agree with this. I saw a interview with Tabata linked yesterday where he said he was working on an expansion. Honestly I wish he was just working on completing the other areas of the game after Caem and putting in all the scripted cut scenes. I hope that he is to some extent because there really is an amazing game sitting under all of this potential. And holy crap do these guys need to learn time management. 4 years with some stuff already built should have been further along when you see other large companies shitting out huge open world games on an almost annual basis.

• 1SJW

Needless

Toe Sucker
Not really FF, but i tried firing up Lost Odyssey again yesterday... man that game aged poorly compared to pretty much any FF game :(

RIP LO2 dream continues into 2017

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Finished the secret puzzle dungeon (Pitioss) last night and seriously fuck that place. The design of the place is amazing and probably the most creative dungeon they have other created. The problem is that the FF15 engine sucks balls for any kind of precise platforming. You want to move an inch to the left to line up your next jump? LOL naw let's take 3 steps off the platform instead and back to the beginning!

Anyways just have two menace dungeons left to do, Steyliff and Costlemark. Steyliff doesn't actually look that hard just a super long slog through 100 rooms and lots of Tonberries. Costlemark (no items allowed) has me worried but I'm farming Zu Beaks for limit break magic and plan on just blasting through the place if that's possible.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Oh also, the carnival opens on Tuesday. It will be open from Jan. 24th through Feb. 19th.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Looks stupid, let's be honest.

Probably will be. The question is, there anything useful from it? I did notice at 0:40 there's a meal to reduce fishing line damage by 25%, wish I had that shit when I was doing the quests for the rod and infinite lure.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So I've done all the dungeons except Steylif and Costlemark(need to farm more Zu's for spells), and just finished the last hunt tonight, hah Demon Wall rofl(Dark matter bracelet, ftw)

Dalien

Registered Hodor
For what it's worth I made 50x of Flare/Freeze/Electon from Zu Beaks for Costlemark Menace and it turned out to be way overkill. After the horror stories I read about the place it turned out being way easier than I expected. Used maybe 20 of each magic to blast through the place and didn't really even need that many. Used this guide if it helps: Easy A Menace Sleeps in Costlemark Guide.

For Steyliff Menace it's just a long slog and you really only have to worry about all the Tonberry rooms. If you unlock the link strike limit break on the ascension grid it makes these rooms really easy, your bros will link strike them for 40k+ every time you parry. Just hold block or if you have the Black Hood from Pitioss it's even easier, just stand around and hit O to parry every time it comes up.

Fedor

<Banned>
all we got from that shitty 30 year anniversary event was the ffxii remaster release date and this

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake_2017_01-31-17_001.jpg

• 1Salty

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Finally playing FF15 more - i got rid of my xbox1 version bc it looked like ass and picked it up on ps4 for my pro and 4k tv and it looks marvelous - good thing i stopped before at just chapter 5 so i didnt spoil much of the game.