The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For a second I thought that was a Cup Noodle advertisement in the background.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
For a second I thought that was a Cup Noodle advertisement in the background.
Lol yeah, does kinda look like that if you don't look close.

I actually didn't mind the advertising in ffxv. The way they did it was unobtrusive for the most part

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
all we got from that shitty 30 year anniversary event was the ffxii remaster release date and this

View attachment 117631

Considering (by their own words in an interview) touching up the video footage they showed at E3 last year, I think this, in typical Nomura fashion, is well on pace to be out by 2040. It is amazing that any board of directors with any sense allows these dumbasses running square's dev teams to still be gainfully employed there.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
FF15 dev interview translated (source):

FFXV shipped over 6 millions. This includes both physical and digital.

2/21Update will include. 1. PS4 Pro 60FPS Patch 2. Limited time hunts 3. Level cap will be increased from 99 to 120. Do note you cannot save exp pre-patch to level post-patch. Pre-patch exp will be invalid toward levels over 99. So update before levelling. 4. Photo limit - 200. 5. A new MP3 item will be added to Regalia's shop which will allow you to listen to music while riding Chocobos.

60FPS patch will not be full 60FPS, but the FPS limited will be unlocked to a new max of 60FPS. (Guess they couldn't really work out the kinks).

Booster Pack DLC Paid will include - 1. Booster Sword 2. Dragon Mod (Fishing rod) 3. New fishing reel 4. Plus other additions

Booster Pack Free will include - 1. Invincible suits.

Date for the free version of the DLC will be announced at a later date.

3/28 Episode Gladio DLC 3/28 Along with the addition of DLC, a update to the game will be made to improve the story aspects of the game, specially with Chapter 13. Other various upgrades and fixes will also be included.

Episode Gladio will focus on combat. Episode Prompto will focus on story and character development, showing a side of Prompto we have yet to see.

Q/A Will add later

They are working on to add off-road driving. But no promises are made. but it's one of the ambitions they have to add to the game. They showed off test footage of free driving with added new mechanics. It was running on PC as it was a dev kit, but it is still buggy so it's in no condition to release yet.

Platinum Demo will finish distrubution on 3/31.

Wasn't included in this translation but Episode Prompto is coming out in like June.

DLC trailer:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Any point in doing this choco moogle carnival thing? I got the dream egg and i think i bought the Sky Gem Crystal is all - however as i havent had much time to play the real game of late im just level 3 :p So any point in getting any of this shit to purchase just to do it?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I hope the DLC allows you to...

1. Make the text larger. My eyes are getting bad in my old age.
2. Let you map the controls to however you like FFS. We're in 2017 now guys. No defined "control" maps for gods sake.
3. Ditch the fucking stamina bar for good.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Any point in doing this choco moogle carnival thing? I got the dream egg and i think i bought the Sky Gem Crystal is all - however as i havent had much time to play the real game of late im just level 3 :p So any point in getting any of this shit to purchase just to do it?

Make sure you eat both of the dishes at the cafe there to learn the recipies. The fishing dish in particular makes the fishing sidequests (in the main game) much easier.

If you're a completionist and want to unlock all the paint colors for the car it's easier to buy them from the carnival than to farm them on the overworld map. Besides that, no nothing special there.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
They really need to bring on someone who actually has an idea on how to actually tell a story. I think Tabata is great at actual mechanic design for the most part. The gameplay of FF XV is very solid. But after playing two of his games, his story telling is really really bad. Let the story guy write the stories and script them out and then let everyone else craft the game around that script.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Have they announced a Pro patch and a the big patch of chapter 13 updates yet? I shelved the game shortly after release, once I heard they were going to add a bunch of crap.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Pro patch is next Tuesday and there's a new event to replace the carnival. Ch.13 improvements are late March along with the first major season pass DLC (Gladiolus).

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sony has a big PSN sale for FF games right now. Most old ones are are 50% off.

Probably gonna grab ff 6 for my ps3 I think. Price is only 4.99.

I actually found my old FF anthology ps1 disc the other day and got the urge to play FF 4. However I found out ps4 does not play ps1 discs... Sony really needs to work on getting all the old library on ps4. FF and otherwise.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the PS1 releases are widely considered to be the worst way to play those games.

Vorph

Reminder that the FF XV carnival event last day is tomorrow (probably ends when they patch the game on Tuesday) so if you want anything from it you need to hurry up.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's so dumb that a full fledged, main-series FF game has seasonal event bullshit like that. What happens in a few years when they stop supporting the game? All that content just lost to time?

Vorph

I agree but it's not really much of a loss. The best thing is the cooking recipe for 25% more fishing line durability. I assume the dream egg is something to do with carbuncle, but it's probably just cosmetic. Other speculation is that it's a permanent chocobo, which isn't too big a deal unless it ends up being a unique color, like black. Everything else except for the decal is available in the main game; a couple things are much easier to get from the carnival (cactuar needle, magnetron, and maybe sky gemstone) but the fishing rod and reel are crap and the lures are nothing special aside from being unlimited use. Stuff for the regalia paint is probably easier to farm there too, if you're trying to unlock the secret colors.