The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Rude

Potato del Grande
Haven't beaten 15 yet but this game kinda sucks. Even considering it a non-FF, kinda western RPG with the faggy clothing and hairstyles. I actually think FF12 did a better job with the filler quests and exploration.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I was pretty into it when I was actually playing it but a few months' hindsight hasn't done it any favors. I think it's the worst mainline FF ever, and I'm including FFXIII in the hierarchy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I didn't fall in love with ff15 at all. Maybe it gets better but it feels corny and weird

That said, should I wait for that major update supposedly coming?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah, I was pretty into it when I was actually playing it but a few months' hindsight hasn't done it any favors. I think it's the worst mainline FF ever, and I'm including FFXIII in the hierarchy.
No way. It's not great but 12 and 13 were fucking awful. 8 was bad too but for some reason enough neckbeards like it

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Crazy talk. XII IZJS is by far the best in the series, though hopefully it will be surpassed when Zodiac Age finally comes out this summer. XV isn't even remotely in the same league for anything but graphics.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Crazy talk. XII IZJS is by far the best in the series, though hopefully it will be surpassed when Zodiac Age finally comes out this summer. XV isn't even remotely in the same league for anything but graphics.
I'm going to buy whatever system it comes out on... any chance it's a switch game?!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Zodiac Age is a PS4 exclusive for now. I wouldn't count on it coming out on anything else other than maybe PC.

Btw, if anyone else is like me and pre-ordered it when it first went up on Amazon last year, you'll probably want to cancel that order and grab the Steelbook edition instead. Currently Prime Savings isn't being applied, but they usually fix that soon after a new listing is added. There's also a $200 CE only available direct from Square-Enix, but even I am not that batshit insane.

Some other new info from PAX East: PS4 Exclusive Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age's New Gameplay Shows Improved Graphics, Gambit, More

Rude

Potato del Grande

Nah bra, it isn't. 12 was hands down the worst numeric FF game although 15 may give it a run for its money. I would say 13 is worse than 12 but 12 starts off so slow and never really figures out what the hell it's doing until the end of the game.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Christ. I said I liked 13 more than 15 and 15 not at all and somehow feel like a Balkan agitator.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is Rude another 8 apologist?

He sounds like an 8 apologist.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
But how many stages will Gilgamesh have, and Enkidu ?

And IZJS > 12 which the remastered version there releasing this Summer is the IZJS version, has limited level system, Challenge Tower, Fast Forward mechanic, Yiazmat is fixed also and can be killed in about 5mins with the Invisible Weapons, I'm really happy about this getting released won't have too hack the IZJS version I have just so it's in english..

Rude

Potato del Grande
Is Rude another 8 apologist?

He sounds like an 8 apologist.

8's garbage, but 12 is hands down the worst. Kind of funny how you creatively interpreted my post, using your brain clearly isn't your strong suit.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, but anyone who thinks that 8 is better than any game in the main series has a pretty shit opinion. It's not even really up for debate; 8 is the worst game in the FF main series, with only 2 and 13 close behind. The rest of the games are magnitudes better, bad stories or not. The mechanics of 8 go along with the completely shit story. You can dislike the story pacing of 12, but 8 was bad in -every- aspect of the game.

So you're not an 8 apologist. But you definitely have a shit opinion of the FF series.

Better?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Here we go.

Do you prioritise story? Your favorite is FF6 or 9.

Do you prioritise game mechanics? Your favorite is FF5 or 8.

Do you like a good mix? Your favorite is FF7 or 10.

Are you wrong? You like FF12 or 13. The first half of FF12 blew me away but the combat system ran out of steam when I figured out that it's best to play as healer and the story is half finished. Why are Vaan and Penelo main characters???

Rude

Potato del Grande
No, but anyone who thinks that 8 is better than any game in the main series has a pretty shit opinion. It's not even really up for debate; 8 is the worst game in the FF main series, with only 2 and 13 close behind. The rest of the games are magnitudes better, bad stories or not. The mechanics of 8 go along with the completely shit story. You can dislike the story pacing of 12, but 8 was bad in -every- aspect of the game.

So you're not an 8 apologist. But you definitely have a shit opinion of the FF series.

Better?
Nah, just because you were terrible at an easy to exploit system doesn't make it the worst. I can simply counter your gameplay complaint and point out how I can walk to events in XII and simply do something else while the game plays itself and carries me through the battle(s) and all but meaningless scenes that accompany them. Every aspect of game play, whether it come down to battle mechanics, story, environment that was a failure in 8, 12 exceeded in being worse. 8 was the poster child until 12 came along, and every non MMO numeric after has done its damnedest to one up itself with regard to how disappointing they can be.

Like I said, using your brain isn't your strong suit. Stick to following the point of others.