The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Chris

Potato del Grande
By penalise you mean make the game more challenging and give you better drops as you level up?

If your going with the draw 100 spells autism strategy without having or enjoying autism, you should build up slowly as intended or unlock refining.

FF8 is fine. People who hate it's gameplay loves some really shitty stuff in the other games, like whatever FF9 was doing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I remember enjoying ff8 when I played it at least

The only recent FF I actually hated was lightning returns

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Game mechanically 8 was horrid due to draw, especially with the limited amount you could store. Drawing 100 is one thing, having to use up low level spells to fit higher ones was just bad design to a new degree.

12 (regular version) was bad game mechanically due to everyone getting the same skills because some abilities were just better than others. Most fights after a while were also handled by the gambit system.
Characters being similar in abilities furthered the fact that the characters were so bland except Baltheir. Starting off the game with two people who could be flat out removed from the story and make no impact was strange. Story also ended up being very Star Wars like.

Will buy the PS4 version of 12 though for sure. But I really hope they fixed the most annoying thing, which was the inability to reverse the camera rotation.

Worst games for me would be 13-3 followed by 13-1. Not completed one FF game since 10 (got to the very end and completed all hunts in 12). Still on chapter 8 in FF 15 since I want to wait for the patch/dlc that is supposed to add to the later chapters.

PS: Any news at all from the 7 remake since the gameplay trailer? They talked about the combat or materia system? Still don't know if they will have active or tactical combat and play all characters.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aw, hell. I started this shit so I might as well dive in.

VI = Tactics > X > VII > XII > VIII > IX > XIII > X2 > XIII2 > XV and everybody is entitled to their opinion but anybody who disagrees is wrong and cognitively deficient and I hate them.

Haven't played 1-3 or 5 or XIII3.

Did I do it right?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i started playing the non-IZJS version of XII, and while i really enjoyed it, the fact that every character ended up being identical made combat super fucking boring. put it on the shelf for now, until i can play the remaster.

its strange because they're not that different, but i find the card game in VIII to be way more enjoyable than the one in IX. even tho VIII is otherwise awful.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Any news at all from the 7 remake since the gameplay trailer? They talked about the combat or materia system? Still don't know if they will have active or tactical combat and play all characters.
Seems like a pretty clear conversion of the FFXV battle system to me from the bits they have shown. Materia has been mentioned but no specifics.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Didnt like 12 or 13 - combat system in 12 just wasnt for me and 13 is just.....sorry there was a 13? Anyways 15 i dig it, and its prly the only FF ive been able to play for multiple days since 10. Everyone likes their FF a bit differently than someone else, and let me be the first tell you that if you like FF12 then you like your FF wrong!!!!

Ok jk but i felt 12 was pretty meh but everyone seems to love it so there is that.

but there is no defending lightning, sorry.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nah, just because you were terrible at an easy to exploit system doesn't make it the worst. I can simply counter your gameplay complaint and point out how I can walk to events in XII and simply do something else while the game plays itself and carries me through the battle(s) and all but meaningless scenes that accompany them. Every aspect of game play, whether it come down to battle mechanics, story, environment that was a failure in 8, 12 exceeded in being worse. 8 was the poster child until 12 came along, and every non MMO numeric after has done its damnedest to one up itself with regard to how disappointing they can be.

Like I said, using your brain isn't your strong suit. Stick to following the point of others.

You counter my gameplay argument by directly referencing actual gameplay in a game, while what I was referring to was the fact you play a card game as a primary means of progression in the game I was talking about. Logic and relative comparisons aren't your strong point. 8 had shit broken systems (and terrible progression) that was bandaged by playing a card game. FF12 might be afk-able (you still have to steer) for normal encounters, but it still requires you to actually play a FF game to do so. FF8 did not.

Hey it's cool to hate 12; I'm sure people all over the world with shitty opinions agree with you. And that's fine! This is a safe place where the only people who will call you out on having a shitty opinion are people who actually play FF games.

You think 12 is worse than 2, 13, and 8. Your opinion is shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You counter my gameplay argument by directly referencing actual gameplay in a game, while what I was referring to was the fact you play a card game as a primary means of progression in the game I was talking about. Logic and relative comparisons aren't your strong point. 8 had shit broken systems (and terrible progression) that was bandaged by playing a card game. FF12 might be afk-able (you still have to steer) for normal encounters, but it still requires you to actually play a FF game to do so. FF8 did not.

Hey it's cool to hate 12; I'm sure people all over the world with shitty opinions agree with you. And that's fine! This is a safe place where the only people who will call you out on having a shitty opinion are people who actually play FF games.

Was 2 that bad?

Rude

Potato del Grande

12 had broken shit systems (and terrible progression) that was bandaged by absolutely nothing. FF8 requires you to steer and actually input commands for normal encounters, which is actually playing a FF game. See how I'm rewording your complaint to show how much worse 12 is? Have you even played 12?

And good thing you mentioned the card game in your prior posts, right? You dipshit. You made a retarded post, followed by an even more retarded post and now you're just at the point where you're just showing off how much of a dumbfuck you are. Please, employ some of your logic and relative comprehension to prove your point. You've been a miserable failure at it so far.

Was 2 that bad?
It had stupid and easy to abuse character stat progression but I wouldn't rank it as one of the worst given when it was made and released. I would say 5 is just as bad or worse than it is.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
12 had broken shit systems (and terrible progression) that was bandaged by absolutely nothing. FF8 requires you to steer and actually input commands for normal encounters, which is actually playing a FF game. See how I'm rewording your complaint to show how much worse 12 is? Have you even played 12?

And good thing you mentioned the card game in your prior posts, right? You dipshit. You made a retarded post, followed by an even more retarded post and now you're just at the point where you're just showing off how much of a dumbfuck you are. Please, employ some of your logic and relative comprehension to prove your point. You've been a miserable failure at it so far.
FF is srs business.

What one do orefer? FFIII or FFIIIIII?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rude

Potato del Grande
FF is srs business.

What one do orefer? FFIII or FFIIIIII?
Not really, he was fishing for an argument so I gave him one. It's been a very disappointing back and forth so far. And to answer your question, yes.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Have you even played IZJS?

Also, your posts are like the shit normally only seen on GameFAQs.
IZJS improved on gameplay, story is still a heaping pile of garbage. Very nice. Are you buttmad that we're using your favorite FF as a pinata?