The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Short answer: yes.

Long answer: Unfortunately, I don't remember much in particular besides saying that you really want to steal from bosses.

Specifically,
Gilgamesh (remember to steal every 20% hp) and Zodiark

And, uh, be careful what you sell to vendors I guess. If you sell off loot items that are required to unlock stuff at the bazaar you'll be annoyed that you have to go farm it again. There's a list here which should still be accurate. Edit: And do NOT sell the great serpentskin you get from a hunt even though it looks like it's vendor trash.

There's also the issue of deciding how to distribute your hunt club trophies. You will end up having to choose between getting a second copy of a few nearly-unique items. Genji Gloves are probably the obvious choice in TZA due to the dual license board making them desirable for more than one character, but there are some other options.

Last edited:

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Read through things abit and settled on my primary 4 being

Foebreaker/Hunter (whatever its called, the dagger/NS guys) - Debuffs + late game ass rape damage with ninja swords
Samari/Knight - Little biit of secondary healing + Katana damage which if i read right is influenced by magic and attack power so the two classes compensate well for each other plus helps on White magic
BLM/RM - Nukes!!! Will decide if i still want RM but most likely as my greatest joy in gaming is having a glass cannon
WM/Time Mage - Still debating slightly on this, will give me basically 100% support/healer character ....if i want a tankier version was thinking WM/Knight....

Needless

Toe Sucker
>Gambit: Any Foe -> Steal

BALTHIER STOP STEALING AND ATTACK YOU FAGGOT

had to switch it to Foe hp = 100% lol

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Also on bazaar items, i thought it said things get updated when you sell items? How do you unlock bazaar items then?

Vorph

I had to refresh my memory on how the bazaar works, but the idea is that some unlocks require items A/B/C to be sold in a specific quantity. The thing is there may also be some other unlock which is items C/D/E, and if you sell A/B/C first then that's what you unlock even if you really wanted the C/D/E unlock. Then you have to go farm more of C which could be a pain in the ass if it's rare. So basically just use the spreadsheet to make sure you sell items as a package deal in order to unlock exactly what you want.

Edit: I had some Kindle credit leftover from Prime Day and decided to grab the guide since Prima has finally started selling e-book versions. If anyone has specific questions let me know and I can try to look it up.

Last edited:

Vorph

Yeah, that seems to all be identical to the current list. Just remember this part: "In the Zodiac versions, exclusive weapons replace the weapons that the bazaar normally produces (for example: selling the loot necessary for Orochi will produce the Orochi N instead)." Difference being that Orochi N is now called Mesa, Masamune I is now called Kumbha, etc.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Off topic since I'm waiting for my copy to arrive tomorrow. I decided to play ff15 again.

This game is absolute dog shit. How did people even like this?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Full list of changes in TZA, spoilered for length:
MAJOR CHANGES FROM ORIGINAL FINAL FANTASY XII
*The Zodiac Job System
: In a huge change to the original game, there are now 12 jobs to choose from. Once a character selects a job, it can never be changed, but each character can also add a second job to further specialize or diversify their abilities.

*Controllable Guest Characters and Espers: Before, temporary allies (whether human or supernatural) were outside your control. You couldn't move them around, issue them commands, or alter their gambits. That's all changed. Now you can pilot guests and customize their gambits to your liking. The only thing you can't do is change their equipment. And in addition to being controllable, Espers now stick around much longer!

***Reshuffled Treasure Locations: Treasure chests are in many new locations, are more numerous, and more generous.

***Gambits Unleashed: Instead of receiving more and more gambits throughout the game, now you can simply buy every single gambit pretty early on. This means you can go ahead and make the gambits you want to make, rather than having to wait till much later in the game for the parameters and conditions your party needs.

***Some Item and Enemy Changes: While there aren't tons of changes, the stats and acquisition methods of some pieces of gear have changed. A handful of enemies also received minor stat or drop changes. This is not as significant as those changes listed above, though.

POST-GAME CHALLENGES
*Trial Mode
: A lengthy gauntlet of 100 arena battles that uses your save info from the main game. The battles toward the end of this mode stand with the toughest elite mark hunts and Esper battles of the core game.

***New Game+ and New Game-: A challenging spin on New Game+ modes in which follow-up playthroughs can be made much easier, starting at level 90…or much harder, with EXP gain disabled, and characters forever stuck at their starting levels.

QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
All-new HD presentation
: 1080p graphics, modern visual effects, and a re-orchestrated score totally refreshes what was one of the audio-visual crown jewels of the PlayStation 2.

*Auto-Saves: The most recent zone transition becomes an automatic save point!

Map Overlay: During exploration or combat, press L3 to conveniently view a map without needing to pause the action.

*Speed Mode: Play at double or quadruple speed! Greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to traverse large areas, search for treasure, or build up big chains defeating foes. When needed, toggling Speed Mode on or off is as easy as tapping L1.

Things marked with *** are unchanged from IZJS, as far as I can tell. Things marked with * were originally added in IZJS but have been modified somewhat again for TZA. Like espers and guests could be controlled in IZJS, but in TZA espers are also a lot more useful/powerful.

Also it's missing some things like the damage cap being removed (in IZJS) and the spell queue no longer existing (this one was in both PS2 versions because it was a hardware limitation--too many spell effects on screen would have caused huge fps drops).

Last edited:

Vorph

Yeah, especially the 2x/4x toggle they added. It was just too damn fast most of the time in IZJS.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
FF 15 question: Did they full patch / update it for PS4 Pro and Chapter 13? I stopped playing at release. Is it worth returning to and beating?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Fuck it, I'm not going to play this game with a guide and spreadsheet. Also - 7 button clicks to save your game? Cmon man

And calling FFXV dogshit is extreme. It's basically a 7/10 game that has a good core with a bunch of flaws. If they didn't cut out the middle 2/3rds of the story then it could have been pretty damned good. Oh, and they also need to redesign the end game dungeon things. Random caves and tunnels? Really?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
FF 15 question: Did they full patch / update it for PS4 Pro and Chapter 13? I stopped playing at release. Is it worth returning to and beating?
I believe the answer is yes to both. I haven't played through 13 again though so no idea how improved it is.

Personally I think it's worth playing. The combat is pretty good (but not great). The first 4 or 5 chapters and the last chapter are all pretty good. Running around the map doing quests and hunts is also pretty fun.

It's really chapter 7-13 that are bad. You can tell the story was completely butchered, and the freedom of the first chapters is completely taken away.

Last edited:

Vorph

The Pro patch was greatly improved when it got updated a second time. Not sure about Ch.13. The state it's in now is probably as good as it's going to get, but whether or not it's actually decent I don't know. I shelved the game until all the season pass DLCs are released. Prompto's just came out along with a feature that lets you drive the Regalia off road, but there's still no release date for Episode Ignis or the mystery "Expansion Pack" that no one seems to know anything about.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
15 is the worst FF I've ever played, and I've played all of 'em since IV.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Play JP FF2 and you'll experience the true worst FF game

FuUuUuUcCkCKKCKCKDCKCWJICJWE that game's leveling system lol

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
If you think XV is worse tha XIII then you are a superbad taster

I'd put it as the third worst, ahead of VIII and XIII

• 1Salty