The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wow. Got this game for $42 due to prime savings, just got a notification that they're refunding $19 due to a preorder price drop guarantee. So $23 for steelbook, fuck yeah Amazon.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wtf, my email this morning said they refunded me $0.12 due to the price drop guarantee and I ordered the steelbook it the moment it went up on Amazon.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I had ordered mine when it was $25, got that sweet $2 refund. Gonna go hit the club like a baller now

joz123

Potato del Grande
Only just finished the first hunt and already having more fun than I did in all of that pile of shit 15.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

FF 12 is perfect for Vita remote play, mainly because the Vita screen hides a lot of the stuff leftover from the PS2 that couldn't be fixed. Even works great over internet and not just local ad hoc mode.

Anyone else have a Vita and know if it's possible to force it to go back to using the old style L2/R2/L3/R3 controls that used the rear touchpad for Remote Play? I hate touching the front screen if there's any way to avoid it, especially since I have one of these-- Remote Play assist attachment for PlayStationVita --which solves the missing buttons problem in a far better way.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
FF 12 is perfect for Vita remote play, mainly because the Vita screen hides a lot of the stuff leftover from the PS2 that couldn't be fixed. Even works great over internet and not just local ad hoc mode.

Anyone else have a Vita and know if it's possible to force it to go back to using the old style L2/R2/L3/R3 controls that used the rear touchpad for Remote Play? I hate touching the front screen if there's any way to avoid it, especially since I have one of these-- Remote Play assist attachment for PlayStationVita --which solves the missing buttons problem in a far better way.
They make anything like that for the fat model? I have something sorta similar to that but it is pretty junk

Vorph

I don't think Hori started making it until after the 1000 had been replaced, and the Nyko ones didn't have Remote Play buttons. It really sucks that they've decided to move the L2/R2/L3/R3 controls to the front in all new games and from what I've seen on reddit it's not possible to change short of writing some homebrew app myself. It's annoying, but I don't think it's quite that annoying. Fuckers could have at least left it so that both front and back sent those inputs, but nope.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
so this is off the current topic, but i decided i'm going to play through all of the main series single player Final Fantasy games. the only three i've actually played to completion before are 6, 7, and 10. i've mostly decided what versions i'm going to play -- GameBoy Advance for 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6, PSX for 7, 8, and 9, PS2, for 10, and hopefully PS4 for 12. not sure yet on 13, maybe PC, but meh to that one anyway.

my big holdup, tho, is Final Fantasy 3. should i play an English-hacked version of the original NES? or should i play the 3D remake?

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd strongly advise for the older games playing versions that have a fast-forward option, which to my knowledge means PC for 1-6, PC or PS4 for 7, and PC for 8 and 9. 10 I'd play on PS3, PS4, PS Vita or PC because the remaster is great.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'd strongly advise for the older games playing versions that have a fast-forward option, which to my knowledge means PC for 1-6, PC or PS4 for 7, and PC for 8 and 9. 10 I'd play on PS3, PS4, PS Vita or PC because the remaster is great.

i've got a GameBoy Advance and the cartridges already for 1,2,4,5,6. don't own a PS3 or PS4 and i dig playing on real hardware on my couch, so i'm thinking i'm pretty set on 7,8,9 on my PS2. especially since i already own a real copy of 9. i've got a real original copy of 10 as well, for PS2, so was going to do that one out of laziness... tho the remaster is tempting if i can work it out. playing 12:TZA is obviously by far the way to go for 12, tho, so i might end up borrowing a buddy's PS4 for that. overall, tho, i'm trying to do this with minimal money invested.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah i totally get that - emulation is somehow less satisfying for me as well. All the same, I really would consider the 10 remaster as it's just a more pleasant experience. Can get it on Steam for like 10 bucks when it's on sale, or just see if you can borrow that ps4 a bit earlier. Also comes with a remastered X2, although that's not nearly as important.

Last edited:

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Just made it to the tomb. Holy fuck, after playing RPG's since 1989 or so i STILL fucking have the same exact trend. Get partially into the game and want to fucking restart to make up for mistakes i made in character development hah even if it is just a tiny thing or to get something earlier so i feel more over powered. I really probably need to see a shrink :( Just when i am about to get my double class too....hmm.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah i totally get that - emulation is somehow less satisfying for me as well. All the same, I really would consider the 10 remaster as it's just a more pleasant experience. Can get it on Steam for like 10 bucks when it's on sale, or just see if you can borrow that ps4 a bit earlier. Also comes with a remastered X2, although that's not nearly as important.
I agree, the remaster X is just superb quality. Also it's the international version so it has some hardcore changes with dark aeons and shit

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Those Dark Aeons can royally fuck up your day if you are trying to unlock the regular Aeons and you missed some temple treasures haha.

In the end, the Grid system is still easily abuse-able, international or no. It just seems cooler to have the more homogeneous layout.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i tried doing that a few years ago, by the time i got to 'the after years' of FF4 i burned out hard.

Japanese FF2 and 3 pretty much destroyed my fun lol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The ff12 remaster is so awesome. Game looks really good.

Something that always bothered me is the voice recordings sounded terrible in the original... Almost low quality? And for sure needed subtitles. Good news is all those issues are still present. I wonder why the voices sound so shitty. Maybe it was to be gritty or something