The First Descendant

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
People think 20% means if I run it 5 times they should get one.
Running 20% 5 times is only a 67.23% chance for success. Running it 25 times is 99.62%, that's when I start calling bullshit.

So probably good idea to cover all the elements.
Non-attrib ones generally give 3/3/3/4 so you can just sit in one spot and farm all you'll need for a bunch of material cracking. There's a couple really conveniently located next to safe zones too, and people will be much more likely to join in and finish them even faster.

The reactor I need wont come back in the rotation for 15 days!
You can see the hard mode rotations somewhere?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can see the hard mode rotations somewhere?

When I look at the loot thing on hardmode, it showed 16days at the top for the reactor I needed. Am I reading this wrong? I was looking at a general rounds, electric, singular. And its in white night gultch but not for 17d as its in the far right column.

1720804490438.png

Vorph

Ah, never noticed the extra option to open up the schedule.

You can still get a good purple electric/singular reactor this week, you just can't get an ultimate one for Thunder Cage specifically. I wouldn't use an ultimate without a maxed-out Thunder Cage (~450k dps and maxed Overcharge) and the High-Voltage mod on ultimate Bunny anyway. Tamer is much better at lower gear levels.

Edit: Was looking at the schedule closer and you missed one:
1720808326315.png

That's coming up on Tuesday.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh I didnt see that one. Will farm for that one and upgrade it once I get good 2ndary stats I want.

No high voltage yet, because I havent tried any hard modes bosses yet. Mainly farming, unlock more characters, weapons etc. Got a sharen done today, so working on that. Then a gley should finish tomorrow. I want to get a valby and fire one also. Since my sharen/enzo will just be for outpost/vaults. Need to farm some activators too, so I can use one on a gley and maybe sharen(to get max duration on the stealth). Will see on sharen, havent messed with her at all, but need just enough mods for max stealth and enough survive/dmg to kill the boss at the end.

I have max overcharge but not sure how you are getting a 450k dps one? One I have atm is 219k, but I also havent really seriously modded it outside max rifling, crit and crit dmg.

I tried tamer on bunny, I hated it. Felt so constrained movement wise. Why I went for cage so quickly, I like being able to move and shoot.

Vorph

I have max overcharge but not sure how you are getting a 450k dps one? One I have atm is 219k, but I also havent really seriously modded it outside max rifling, crit and crit dmg.
Something like this:
1720811116396.png

It's a pretty big investment to get there. (Not mine, I am still paralyzed with indecision when it comes to using my last energy activator. Can't decide between Thunder Cage or Tamer, or saving it for boss-killer Gley/Lepic.

I really wish they hadn't been such assholes with energy activators. The farm is terrible and they take 30 hours to craft, but the alternative being $24 is just fucking batshit insane. I'm pretty sure that one thing is going to be what ends up making me quit whenever that happens. If they'd just made the farm/price for them roughly the same as catalysts I could see myself playing this as much as I did Warframe.

Last edited:

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
$24 is nutso for that. I think they're like $5 to buy in warframe.

Nexon prices are so bad, I don't really want to buy anything. Warframe was the opposite for me. Good company with a fun game so I usually just buy $100 in plat whenever I go back and buy whatever I want from the store or the player market.

I threw my first one in a thunder cage because its super useful. I'm way behind the rest of all. Just got to Dead Bride and failed the dps check. I'll farm some more and try again this weekend.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Something like this:
View attachment 536297
It's a pretty big investment to get there. (Not mine, I am still paralyzed with indecision when it comes to using my last energy activator. Can't decide between Thunder Cage or Tamer, or saving it for boss-killer Gley/Lepic.

I really wish they hadn't been such assholes with energy activators. The farm is terrible and they take 30 hours to craft, but the alternative being $24 is just fucking batshit insane. I'm pretty sure that one thing is going to be what ends up making me quit whenever that happens. If they'd just made the farm/price for them roughly the same as catalysts I could see myself playing this as much as I did Warframe.

Ah modding like I thought. Yeah I havent seriously put effort into gun mods yet. Mainly the character. No catalyst or activators on any gun yet. I will try to get more soon, but need to stockpile more analyzers for vaults again, to get mats, seems the blueprints will be the hard part. Not sure I want to use one on the cage. Its mainly used on my bunny and her kills do most of the dmg. Maybe ill save one for a boss killer gun. If I can make a python maybe for that(can use for a gley or freyna).

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So when should I stop using Auto Equip on mods? I'm still doing the campaign so I get new shit all the time and just use Auto Equip and blast away.

Vorph

$24 is nutso for that. I think they're like $5 to buy in warframe.
Oh it's much worse than you think. I bought the $200 platinum pack in Warframe every time I got a -75% coupon from login rewards, so all my potatoes cost me about 25 cents. Even crazy people who paid full price for platinum only had to shell out a buck for one. Forma were even cheaper, 3-packs work out to something like 35-40 cents with discount plat, maybe a buck-fitty if you pay full price.

$6 and $24 is just absurd, but at least the forma-equivalent (catalyst) here is relatively easy to farm. I've gotten 8 blueprints without even really trying. And they don't take an insane amount of time to craft either, unlike activators.

Vorph

So when should I stop using Auto Equip on mods? I'm still doing the campaign so I get new shit all the time and just use Auto Equip and blast away.
It's pretty bad, I wouldn't use it at all. Guns are really quite simple. The important mods are rifling, action-reaction, and fire rate. Better insight & concentration if the base crit is high enough to work with, otherwise you probably want weak point sight + detection (insight if you're trying to do both crit and weak point). Generally good to have an elemental atk mod too, when you know what you're going to be fighting against anyway.

From there it's specialty stuff. Concentration Priority is fantastic for crit builds, but you need to also be able to equip a maxed out reload mod to offset the negative. Rounds per mag is great for most guns too, especially Tamer when used alongside Mental Focus. Insight Focus is a great combo mod that stacks with both better insight and concentration.

Obviously, you can't fit all that in without using an activator and several catalysts. On basic setups imo it's better to use a handful of maxed/near-maxed mods rather than a full load of unleveled ones. Like this:
1720814438835.png

compared to this:
1720814472852.png

on a 1-catalyst Tamer. Once I put two more catalysts into it I'll be able to equip a maxed out Mental Focus (+1% ATK for every bullet fired, stacks up to 150%... and my mag size is currently 153).

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you know which mods work best for you and your weapons. Auto should give you a good idea on what to work towards, but not always.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been trying to get Emergency Measures for like 5-6 hours now between Ambush mission in Sterile Lands, and the Electric Void Fragment in Sterile Lands as well. Kills my will to play, tbh. I think the drop chance on "missions monsters" is like 1%, while Normal fragment is 12.5% and Hard is 30%. I dislike playing Bunny actively, same with Sharen, so I can only do the other two. Sucks. Last mod I need for the Lepic build too.

Aazrael

It's pretty bad, I wouldn't use it at all. Guns are really quite simple. The important mods are rifling, action-reaction, and fire rate. Better insight & concentration if the base crit is high enough to work with, otherwise you probably want weak point sight + detection (insight if you're trying to do both crit and weak point). Generally good to have an elemental atk mod too, when you know what you're going to be fighting against anyway.

From there it's specialty stuff. Concentration Priority is fantastic for crit builds, but you need to also be able to equip a maxed out reload mod to offset the negative. Rounds per mag is great for most guns too, especially Tamer when used alongside Mental Focus. Insight Focus is a great combo mod that stacks with both better insight and concentration.

Obviously, you can't fit all that in without using an activator and several catalysts. On basic setups imo it's better to use a handful of maxed/near-maxed mods rather than a full load of unleveled ones. Like this:
View attachment 536302
compared to this:
View attachment 536303
on a 1-catalyst Tamer. Once I put two more catalysts into it I'll be able to equip a maxed out Mental Focus (+1% ATK for every bullet fired, stacks up to 150%... and my mag size is currently 153).
Thanks! I had not upgraded even one mod lol.

Still trying to find Action and Reaction though. Seems I dont have that one yet for any weapon.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Holy fuck I'm tired of people not knowing mechanics - fucking frost walker fight takes about 10 seconds to google the mechanic and you are forced to group for it.... nobody does mechanic. Breezed through all other hm bosses.

• 1Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't realize at the bottom of the hard mode loot window(showing all the reactors etc, is 2 zones for 2 components each( two of these 3 : processor, memory, sensor). Go to those zones and just every mob there has a chance to drop it. Just swimming in yellow drops but cant seem to get a single one with double of HP or double Def and I saw a a lot. Plenty of shield/shield though. Will have to go back now to do them.

Also the 2 zones I was farming for them, can also drop the foils you need for activators. They are a lot more rare and only ever seem to get 1. But was a nice little bonus while I was there anyway for something else. Instead of only doing vaults for them(where they come in much better quantities).

Aazrael

Trying to farm two mods that people recommend. Action and Reaction is one of them. Not sure if mission monsters or mission reward is the best? Been doing a quick mission with 10% reward chance. Got the Ultimate reward before the rare Action and Reaction.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm about sick of getting pugged with Gley's and their machine gun launcher. It was kinda cool the first time I saw it but now 10+ runs later of getting people doing it i'm tired of literally never being able to see shit.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Trying to farm two mods that people recommend. Action and Reaction is one of them. Not sure if mission monsters or mission reward is the best? Been doing a quick mission with 10% reward chance. Got the Ultimate reward before the rare Action and Reaction.
Just do the Large Nuclear Reactor mission in Sterile Land>Classified Area. It's one of the missions people use to farm kuiper (since surpassed by a bunch of other ones, but it's still decent if you're getting something else out of it).

Didn't realize at the bottom of the hard mode loot window(showing all the reactors etc, is 2 zones for 2 components each( two of these 3 : processor, memory, sensor). Go to those zones and just every mob there has a chance to drop it. Just swimming in yellow drops but cant seem to get a single one with double of HP or double Def and I saw a a lot. Plenty of shield/shield though. Will have to go back now to do them.
Yeah, it seems to rotate each week. Right now we get sensors and processors. Next week it'll be memory and aux power. I've farmed hundreds of sensors because one of the best kuiper farms (Water-cooling Recording Device) happens to overlap. After many hours at it, I finally got a def one with character xp and consumable drop rate, both yellow text. Great for farming, especially consumable drop rate, since it works on all the sub-materials for descendants, weapons, shrooms, and cats that drop from elite enemies and even vaults. Also got a DEF/Max MP/MP regen in combat one for my Bunny speedrunning (solo dungeons) build.

The one I really want though is something that's either HP or DEF main stat, with some combination of HP/DEF/Chill Res. on the randoms with at least purple text. Even though I'm not even being that picky I still haven't seen anything close.

Processors are more of a pain to farm since there's not really any good missions in that area. Organic Recording Terminal is good if you can find two other randoms doing the mission and they know enough to do the multi-hack by having one person per terminal. People come and go though so it's not very consistent. If you do farm it, I suggest looking for DEF main stat with two of DEF/HP/Toxin Res. on the randoms, along with something decent that has a yellow equipment drop rate roll for farming. I believe it helps not only with getting gun and reactor drops but also for the farming of even more external components.
Also the 2 zones I was farming for them, can also drop the foils you need for activators. They are a lot more rare and only ever seem to get 1. But was a nice little bonus while I was there anyway for something else. Instead of only doing vaults for them(where they come in much better quantities).
Yeah, they added the vault drops to the regular pool, but they're so rare that it's really only good as a bonus when you're farming something else. If you're specifically looking for a bunch of those items, you have to do the vaults. Which is fine anyway, since the vaults drop way more than they used to, and they seem significantly easier now even without Enzo. I'd still use him for ultra-precision though, just to be safe.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was doing Fortress Entrance (normal) yesterday and would get 1 foil per clear. The game would be so different without Thunder Cage.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
For anyone who pugged hanged man, did you just have to suck it up and be the mechanics guy and hope your pug did enough dmg?

• 1Solidarity