The First Descendant

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone farmed for grappling hooks? 1% seemed a bit low for the long range one.

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone farmed for grappling hooks? 1% seemed a bit low for the long range one.
5% from hard mode Munitions Loading Dock in Fortress>Frozen Valley. Or HM Slumber Valley, but I don't think there's anything else there to make it worthwhile for time spent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Really? I find it shreds on my Gley if you're speccing fully into Weak Point and ignoring crit mods. The Gley Sanguine ult/unlimited ammo build works great with Python.

Aazrael

You cant raise levels on the Reactors and the other stuff in that area right?

Vorph

Yeah, but is there any real difference when you've already got a maxed-out Thunder Cage or Tamer? Even the Valby Moisture build seems like it'll be just as strong with the guns I already have.

I've still got 12 or so hours on the clock--Anyone happen to have Valby and the Moisture mod and able to check its crit rate multiplier on Eternal Willpower? That's the gun I'm leaning towards dumping a bunch of catalysts into next.

You cant raise levels on the Reactors and the other stuff in that area right?
Not sure what you mean, they're all L100 drops in hard mode to begin with. This week it's just dropping pretty useless Fire/Singular/High-power reactors anyway.

Aazrael

Yeah, but is there any real difference when you've already got a maxed-out Thunder Cage or Tamer? Even the Valby Moisture build seems like it'll be just as strong with the guns I already have.

I've still got 12 or so hours on the clock--Anyone happen to have Valby and the Moisture mod and able to check its crit rate multiplier on Eternal Willpower? That's the gun I'm leaning towards dumping a bunch of catalysts into next.

Not sure what you mean, they're all L100 drops in hard mode to begin with. This week it's just dropping pretty useless Fire/Singular/High-power reactors anyway.
Oh I meant while progressing through the story. You cant raise levels on them like weapons I gather?

I'm way slow but starting to approach the end of the MSQ. Guess I'll start worrying about them when I go to Hard Mode.

Vorph

Oh I meant while progressing through the story. You cant raise levels on them like weapons I gather?

I'm way slow but starting to approach the end of the MSQ. Guess I'll start worrying about them when I go to Hard Mode.
Oh, right. Yeah, you can improve them but a ** reactor that isn't L100 is always going to be worse than a new L100 drop so there's no point to using materials before that. Only the stats increase, not the level.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Aazrael

Failed the (Normal) Colossus poison dude 3 times in public. Is it worth using the Tamer even if its poison resistant? Used the Thundercage and Bunny but it felt pretty bad.

Vorph

Needing mats from the strategic zone missions that are permanently on cooldown is a bit annoying.
If you just need crafting mats and not the amorphous materials, go there and break the things, then leave the mission area and kill the boss exactly as the timer reaches 0 seconds. Mission will fail but you'll get the drops and you can restart it immediately. Obviously do this in private or else other people will "help" you. It's really easy to do in the low level areas where everything gets one-shot, but against the stronger HM stuff it takes a little trial and error to get the boss super low without killing it too fast or too slow.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Is there a way to get into a new instance/private zone to do it? I've only gone to check out a few but they always have 1-3 people sitting at them waiting on the countdowns. Trying to get some macromolecule biogel for catalyst crafting at the moment and access info is saying it only comes from 2 of them at the moment, have done 6 clears now and gotten 1 small stack of it from the first and nothing from the following 5. Still need 8 more to make 1 and then 22 more on top of that to make the 2nd bp I have...

Edit: Nvm, I just now saw the button that says public on the top part of maps.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is this game just ridiculously tuned if you're solo, or is it me? I'm getting to the end of the thing (Hagios), but basically everything will one shot my shield, and then the 2nd shot is insta-death. I've leveled up my hp/def modules for the descendant and go with hp/defense/shield on my components. Seems to make literally no difference.

If I get a 2nd person, we steamroll through shit.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's hard alone because a lot of the incoming damage is unavoidable. Do you have solid resists? They also help quite a bit with some of the incoming damage. I can facetank some of the colossi and stuff just from going a bit over the recommended resists they put for them for quite a while.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Will check when I get home. Python also shreds on her and makes a crit build pretty viable.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That is... fortuitous. Skill Crit Dmg/Dmg to Colossus I'm coming for your ass tonight!

• 1Worf

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Is this game just ridiculously tuned if you're solo, or is it me? I'm getting to the end of the thing (Hagios), but basically everything will one shot my shield, and then the 2nd shot is insta-death. I've leveled up my hp/def modules for the descendant and go with hp/defense/shield on my components. Seems to make literally no difference.

If I get a 2nd person, we steamroll through shit.

Not in my experience. I never leveled shields and just stacked DEF/HP from level 1 to end game. So for most the game my shields are broken or about to break, which has been great practice for Gley who has no shields. Using LOS and natural cover is paramount as you get further into the game.

Have you been upgrading your components as you level? trying to keep all the things you have at level, while leveling is pretty important, even if that means you lose some QoL stuff on components.

Now, I'm off to solo HM Seed Vault for some Amorphs to do HM Pyro and get my final piece of Ultimate Gley.