The First Descendant

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
First obstuctor, we lost and not sure why but did decent, 3rd attempt was fairly close to a win.... the last 4 since people don't even attempt to do the mechanics (including ressing if someone dies near them)...

Edit: Like 10 more attempts and most of the people had to be running zero defensive modules of any kind, resists, hp, nothing, because tons of them were dying to literally 1 shot from his poison gun, and then a handful of ppl who again ignored mechanics or ressing so they could shoot him with their 5 dps guns. I kind of get it for the normal bosses, but how the shit do you get all the way to obstructor and still be absolutely braindead/worthless?

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
1 second late! Wizardhawk helped me out just now. But I'll bother you probably on some other boss...

Is this Tamer worth adding extra mod slots on?

View attachment 537203

You do know you can re-roll the stats on the weapons, right? Purples are super cheap to re-roll, and you can lock the stats you want to keep and re-roll the rest.

20240718102441_1.jpg

Ultimates take more expensive materials to re-roll but this is what you do. There's a MASSIVE difference between shit stats and the "correct" stats. Your Tamer for example has Crit Damage, Hip Fire Accuracy, which is worthless on Tamer (unless you're a Valby). The only "good" roll is the Weak Point, and it's only blue quality.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You do know you can re-roll the stats on the weapons, right? Purples are super cheap to re-roll, and you can lock the stats you want to keep and re-roll the rest.

View attachment 537215

Ultimates take more expensive materials to re-roll but this is what you do. There's a MASSIVE difference between shit stats and the "correct" stats. Your Tamer for example has Crit Damage, Hip Fire Accuracy, which is worthless on Tamer (unless you're a Valby). The only "good" roll is the Weak Point, and it's only blue quality.
Yea I went to reroll but had no items for it. Will check tomorrow and craft the stuff I was missing.

What stats to aim for?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yea I went to reroll but had no items for it. Will check tomorrow and craft the stuff I was missing.

What stats to aim for?
I wouldn't go too crazy on the rerolls until you finish working through the story and can make your guns level 100. A few times is ok but I think doing it a lot is a waste of the mats, especially when you start locking 2+ and rolling.

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What stats to aim for?
For everyone except Valby and Enzo, I use Firearm ATK, Colossus ATK, Rounds per Mag, and one of the element ATKs.

Valby and Enzo would want Firearm ATK, Crit Rate, Crit Dmg, and probably Colossus ATK.

Personally I think weak point on Tamer sucks, the spread is so bad that the only weak point you can actually hit reliably is Devourer's knees and even that only if you're humping his leg. Plus the base weak point damage on the gun is just a flat 1x. I'd rather have more elemental damage that the colossus is weak to; I still shoot at weak points because it always good to break them but I don't have to stress over it when half my shots don't actually hit it.

But yeah, definitely don't waste materials--once you lock in 3 perfect rolls getting that fourth one costs 20 mats a pop. You're past the last real hurdle, Swamp Walker is a joke compared to Pyro so there's no need to do much besides coast on into hard mode and start getting L100 drops.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good time to farm a reactor for your bunny too. There is one currently up for general rounds, electric, singular.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where do you look up what's dropping right now?

When in hard mode, hit G , then F and you can see all the current reactors dropping and the 2 current components(scroll down). You can filter it at the top.

In that same screen , you can hit V and see upcoming ones as they are on weekly rotation.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Got my 3 normal lepic pieces cooking now, and got a 323hp + 769 hp + 3386 fire res auxillary power while I was farming the mats so that was a nice upgrade. About 800 res and 150hp more than the one I was using before.

Now to figure out how to farm the code.

Vorph

This is great:
# Director's Comment
We discovered and fixed an issue where a party member’s ‘Abort Mission’ system was being exploited to repeatedly play the Void Fusion Reactor without consuming any Shards. While addressing this glitch, we also considered why players might resort to using it. We realized that the transition from Shard farming to actual Void Fusion Reactor missions was quite inconvenient and tedious. Therefore, we not only fixed the bug but also increased the amount of Void Shards obtained and improved the farming process to make it more convenient.

But why wasn't the same thought into this one, instead of just killing the farm?
# Director's Comment
We love how Bunny runs fast, unleashes electric energy to take down her enemies. Bunny is a Descendant who gains her power in proportion to the distance she travels. However, rolling around in a corner and using her skills was not what we expected from her, so we decided to fix this.

I'm fine with fixing the bug, since it was boring as fuck to do and people who really wanted to be efficient doing it just set up a macro to roll into the wall and re-cast 3 on cooldown. Why couldn't they have stopped to think about why people are doing it like the other one though? You have to do one of these dedicated void farms because just playing the game normally only gives a trickle of XP.

Hakei posted a different farm last night, but it requires a heavy investment into Viessa (and only a crazy person would invest in plain when ultimate exists) plus two other people to pull off so I wouldn't really call it practical. Even with all that setup it was still 35 minutes per weapon to 40, which is absurd to anyone used to forma-ing shit in Warframe. Partly due to the time required (WF weapons can be maxed out in a single mission that takes just a few minutes) and partly because this game requires upwards of 9 catalysts to make a weapon good and in WF you could usually get to that point with just 3 or 4 forma. It basically comes down to 'spend 8 hours doing one godawful boring mission that gives nothing else of value besides XP, but your weapon is now maxed out' or 'play game normally and barely even get halfway to 40 once in a full 8 hour session'.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wonder if the memory leak issue will solve the bug I had. Every now and then I would get 2 huge frame drops then it would work fine for a while.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Recently, we saw a video in the community where the Colossus was defeated more quickly through module switching. If we had a bit more time, we would have liked to include a fix for this in Hotfix 1.0.3, but unfortunately, it didn't make it into this update.

The Dev Team does not want module switching to become another strategy. This method makes combat tedious and does not fit well with the run-and-gun playstyle. The Dev Team wants skills, weapons, modules, and external components to be part of the strategy. We hope that in-depth build research will progress, but strategies requiring inconvenient control are not what the development team aims for.

Last but not least, we are planning to skip the patch next week for the upcoming 5th week update on August 1st. Please look forward to the new Descendant Luna and Ultimate Valby, new intercept battles, new ultimate weapons, modules, external components, and skins on August 1st.

Goodbye Gley One Shot build, which is good. Looking forward to first big update and farming ultimate Valby.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
(5) Field

- The drop quantity on Hard difficulty has been increased by approximately 1.5.

No comment on this is sorta annoying, anyone hear if this is specific to something or just everything drops more

Vorph

Goodbye Gley One Shot build, which is good. Looking forward to first big update and farming ultimate Valby.
That's not for another two weeks though, until then it'll still work fine. Doesn't sound like they have a problem with the previous Gley build that used the fastest firing SMGs instead of the biggest hitting sniper, or the ult. Lepic build for that matter.