The First Descendant

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's like pr0n, but different.

View attachment 537275

Damn activator and ult gley?

I went back and did a whole bunch of normal bosses to spend all the amorphous I had stocked up from farming. Just never got one. Did get a catalyst at least. But man just whole bunch of useless copies of guns I probably wont ever use.

I need at least 3 too. One for cage, one for gley and one for w/e weapon gley ends up using.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think anything with a debuff is worth considering. A cage is good on anything for mob clear.

Fallen hope/python on a Freyna seems good.

Alot seem pretty weak when you look at them , as the duration of buff/debuff duration is so low. Have to assume they want you looking at them after upgrading it multiple times. But really just getting mats for 1 is rough.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So yea I do still get those 1 second stutter times 2 every now and then, not sure if lag or something else.

Did two rerolls on the Tamer. I think this will do for a bit. Going to complete the MSQ now, will see if I can get that Swamp Colossus down with PUGs.

Skärmbild 2024-07-18 202406.png

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still don't get how people are progressing through hard mode colossus fights without wasting time and/or money on non-ultimate characters that are already obsolete. I have Ult Bunny with a shroom and a bunch of catalysts in her, but she's practically useless against colossi without High-Voltage. Thunder Cage has a bunch of catalysts and near perfect random stats, but no activator yet. My Tamer is about the same, just a couple less catalysts because I decided I really don't like using the thing. I'm done with catalysts for a while anyway; it was almost all I did besides farm kuiper the past few days and it was boring enough when it was fast but now that ship has sailed.

If I could get a PUG where I just had to not die and do my 25% of the damage it'd be fine, but the people in these groups seem to get exponentially more retarded every day.

Not sure what else to try. My Gley, Enzo, and Valby can't survive long enough to solo them with the mods and capacity I have, and trying to PUG with them is going nowhere. If anything it's worse than when I use Bunny with a purely defensive build and just try to do all the damage with my gun.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I still don't get how people are progressing through hard mode colossus fights without wasting time and/or money on non-ultimate characters that are already obsolete. I have Ult Bunny with a shroom and a bunch of catalysts in her, but she's practically useless against colossi without High-Voltage. Thunder Cage has a bunch of catalysts and near perfect random stats, but no activator yet. My Tamer is about the same, just a couple less catalysts because I decided I really don't like using the thing. I'm done with catalysts for a while anyway; it was almost all I did besides farm kuiper the past few days and it was boring enough when it was fast but now that ship has sailed.

If I could get a PUG where I just had to not die and do my 25% of the damage it'd be fine, but the people in these groups seem to get exponentially more retarded every day.

Not sure what else to try. My Gley, Enzo, and Valby can't survive long enough to solo them with the mods and capacity I have, and trying to PUG with them is going nowhere. If anything it's worse than when I use Bunny with a purely defensive build and just try to do all the damage with my gun.
It's just a crapshoot really until you luck in to getting 4 people who are all able to do their part. The two hardest for me so far were Obstructor and Dead Bride. Frostwalker I don't even know if i'm going to attempt since the flame mechanics when I googled it makes it look like an absolute nightmare for pugs.

Staying alive is easy enough if you just put on the defensive mods to do it, altho some of the hard modes still hit pretty hard at well above recommended resists (obstructor specifically still hurt quite a bit even with 14k toxic resist). On my Viessa I have roughly 2500-3000 of each resist from my equipment. For mods I run increased HP max lvl, increased def max lvl, and then Battle of Stamina or something (max hp + skill duration) at 15/16, capping off with X antibody max level (or almost max) and then x max resist with like 1-3 levels on it depending on space and how much my antibody has.

Edit: it changes around sometimes, and has been as I get enough kuiper to level stuff a little more too but this is what I used for some Dead Bride earlier. Forgot about spear and shield for some extra defense, and on ones where I have more points on the max res one I have been using Safe Recovery for -4.5% incoming final damage.

1721329780076.png

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So yea I do still get those 1 second stutter times 2 every now and then, not sure if lag or something else.

I get these. And its always 2. Just freezes for .5 to 1 second , twice in a row then back to normal. No rhyme or reason, no specific scenarios, can be doing anything.

Since it basically matches yours perfectly, I am going to assume its something with the game and not my connection.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

altho some of the hard modes still hit pretty hard at well above recommended resists (obstructor specifically still hurt quite a bit even with 14k toxic resist)
Yeah, based on Ryechews testing, resists are practically useless in HM. There's no reason not to take what you can get from external components since those slots are 'free', but all that really helps is high defense and being immune to the status effects & DoTs. Farming the immunity mods is proving to be a real bitch though.

And that's about what my defensive Bunny setup looks like too, minus the blue/purple resist mods that don't really do anything. I use MP regen stuff so I can pop Speed of Light whenever I need to run away, and enough skill damage to kill the adds quickly with Emission.

No comment on this is sorta annoying, anyone hear if this is specific to something or just everything drops more
I'd like to know this too. It almost seems like a mistake, like an early revision of the patch note talking about how void fragments drop 150% more now. Nothing else seems to have been increased, I've specifically tested kuiper and basic materials and the same quantities drop as before.

Also they actually nerfed the void fragment spots that give all four types when they raised the ones that just give two types. They used to all be 3/3/3/4 but now they are just 3/3/3/3. Sucks if you liked just mindlessly farming everything at once at Moonlight Lake or one of the other good spots. The two type ones weren't actually increased by 150% either, it's actually exactly half the number of fragments that you need to do the attached reactor (in most cases... there's some anomalies where it drops half the numbers but it's the wrong fragment types, like the one in White-night Gulch>Observatory).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah, based on Ryechews testing, resists are practically useless in HM. There's no reason not to take what you can get from external components since those slots are 'free', but all that really helps is high defense and being immune to the status effects & DoTs. Farming the immunity mods is proving to be a real bitch though.

And that's about what my defensive Bunny setup looks like too, minus the blue/purple resist mods that don't really do anything. I use MP regen stuff so I can pop Speed of Light whenever I need to run away, and enough skill damage to kill the adds quickly with Emission.
Yeah, hard to say how much the resists do. They certainly help at least to a point in regular HM. When I get my fire resist up to a decent amount (5k+, so using a mod) bombers don't effectively 1shot me from full. I haven't tried doing any of the HM colossi without the resists, though. Maybe i'll try one or two without using them and see how much of a difference it makes since I can't really judge based off of pug members since I have no clue what their stats look like when they're getting literally 1shot by anything and everything. It'll be a decent way to break up these miserable attempts to farm Lepic code too.

Edit: Ok yeah, going in to hard dead bride with 3321 chill resist and using higher levels of defense mods instead didn't seem to negatively impact my survivability in any meaningful way. Maybe I was taking a touch more dmg from some of the stuff but not much, and I let myself face tank a decent amount to try and test.

Last edited:

Vorph

Finally got a Dead Bride group with only one retard in it, and even though he died a lot he managed to not die inside the sphere so we won.

Then it was three groups who all apparently forgot how to fight Devourer because I'm pretty sure I did 80% of the damage to all three symbionts and it healed back to full hp and shield each time. Finally said fuck it and beat it solo on the first try. Sadly not in 10 seconds or even a minute, more like two enrages and something like 7 minutes, but at least I can start trying to farm Pyro now to get High-Voltage. Pretty sure it's going to be something like 20 losses per successful kill though.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I still don't get how people are progressing through hard mode colossus fights without wasting time and/or money on non-ultimate characters that are already obsolete. I have Ult Bunny with a shroom and a bunch of catalysts in her, but she's practically useless against colossi without High-Voltage.

Maybe this is why I haven't seen your struggles as much. I've invested a reasonable amount into my Gley and her weapons to make bosses easier. With the Inf Ammo and a well rolled but zero investment Organ was doing 20-24mil damage on HM Pyro I'm at least pulling my weight and a little more.

stat1.jpg

stat2.jpg

Thundercage and Python have a Shroom in it, and one or two catalysts, the only weapons to have this treatment, my Organ doesn't have a Shroom or a Cat. I've got a Shroom and a Catalyst baking. I've got about 10 more Cat patterns but don't have anymore Shroom patterns at the moment.

I've purchased the Battle Pass with cash, nothing else.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally done with the MSQ. Is the Hanged Man annoying as well to do? Will just go farm some level 100 stuff for a while and try it later.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Maybe this is why I haven't seen your struggles as much.
Probably. I have no interest in investing my very limited resources into non-ult. descendants. At least not ones that have ults available currently/soon anyway. I'd consider making a solid Enzo build, but it seems pointless unless you have a premade group to use him with. PUGs are never going to use his buffs right.

Never seen a pattern and I'll never buy a shroom as long as it's priced 100x more than in Warframe so the only two it seems like I'm going to have to use are the ones from the story. I was saving the second one for Ult. Gley or Lepic, but that's looking less and less likely to happen too. I said a few pages back that the pricing/grind for shrooms is going to be the thing that makes me quit no matter how much I like the rest of the game, and it's getting really close to coming true.

Finally done with the MSQ. Is the Hanged Man annoying as well to do? Will just go farm some level 100 stuff for a while and try it later.
Hanged Man is horrible unless you have at least two people who really know what they're doing, which will rule out the vast majority of PUGs.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's pretty baffling, but maybe they ran the numbers and thought it sounded good.

I'd totally stop $10-20 bucks every month or two if I could get a handful of them.

Like, the character slots seem pretty reasonably priced. But this other shit is just insane.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

Hangman is the first real "mechanic" boss. You blow him up and as you do he leaks fluid into the vials beneath him, you need to pick up the box and that makes him immune except for his face/tongue, get your team mates to kill it. Put the box back in once he's drained and resume killing him.

Vorph

So apparently fire rate is tied to frame rate.................

Time to drop a few settings and turn FSR3 back on I guess. Too bad their Frame Gen implementation is total ass or it'd be super easy to hit 120+fps at all times.

Edit: There was a patch this morning too:
"- Fixed the issue where Frame Generation of FSR was not functioning correctly."

Nice timing.

Edit2: FSR3 FrameGen does indeed appear to be working correctly now. It's annoying that turning it on removes the ability to cap fps though.

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
he has been testing module combine data w/ the communities help as well, turns out the data was right on the korean website all along, doh. Good news was his data did match up

Vorph

So basically if you want Shot Focus (mistranslated as "Suzytasan"?), you need to combine 4 rare mods that are descendant+cerulian for the greatest chance?

Same would go for attempting to combine transcendant mods. I feel like I have a much better shot of finding 4 random rutile transcendent mods and then combining them into Bionic Fuel (14.28% chance) l than I do of completing that ass-cancer+AIDS Frost Walker fight enough times to drop it normally.