The First Descendant

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ya, I dont think it is worth it unless you are soloing hard mode bosses where you can drop a lot of transcendent mods rather quickly.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Are the spots for mat drops in access info all of the drop spots possible or is it just ones where you've happened to find said materials and there might be more if I were to check an online drop table (hopefully)?

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
ya, I dont think it is worth it unless you are soloing hard mode bosses where you can drop a lot of transcendent mods rather quickly.
Probably not, unless there's a Rutile mod that drops from Devourer (edit: there isn't. Dead Bride has two, but... pass). I really do not want to farm that fucking Frost Walker fight though. I haven't even unlocked it yet and it already makes my ass pucker just thinking about trying to kill it in a PUG.

Are the spots for mat drops in access info all of the drop spots possible or is it just ones where you've happened to find said materials and there might be more if I were to check an online drop table (hopefully)?
It's all the spots.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Cool, another fun filled day of standing afk at a strategic op waiting on cooldowns for 4 hours praying to rngesus to drop the mats I need then... and then farming seed vault and/or chapel potentially 60 times for the other mat (dunno what stack sizes it drops in for this one, I know I was getting 0-1 of some mat types in the past tho). At least with those you get to shoot stuff tho, instead of just standing around waiting out the 5min countdown over and over.

Vorph

Yeah, that fucking 5 minute timer really needs to go.

On the bright side, can confirm that this gold/kuiper farm really does work as well as he says:

Currently doing it with a gimped Valby and it's still fine:

1721412363805.png

I don't even think it's any slower than his fairly maxed out build. Everything dies the moment it spawns even with shitty skill power. No need for hp/def, the only way you can possibly die is if you run into his AOE spots that will freeze you in place. Make sure to set the zone to private--as usual with outpost farming, hell is others.

Bring kuiper/module drop rate on aux, consumable drop rate (+character XP if Valby isn't 40) on sensor, firearm XP and gold drop rate on memory, pickup radius on processor. I don't recommend bringing equip drop rate, you'll just waste time breaking down shit in your inventory and this week's drop in that zone is cold/singular reactors (useless). My reactor is ult. Non-A/Dimension, Thunder Cage (just put a fresh catalyst into it) mounted, and Dimension skill power ratio + Legion of Darkness skill power.

Best part is you can do it mindlessly with a gamepad too.

Edit: After doing it for a while, it's definitely not 15M/hr with a gimped build. And I'm 99.9% sure he's running boosters from the shop. I seem to be getting about 400-500k kuiper and 5-6M gold per hour with gimped build and no boosters, which is still better than any of the other farms I've tried. I'm also fairly confident that Bunny easily do this without killing the boss. Going to try it with max range, but minimal damage (unranked Focus on Electric/Singular mods mainly for the cooldown), plus MP Collector to keep Speed of Light up permanently.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guess I need to finish my Valby soon. Been dicking around with Blair and on attempt #10 on the code. Took 7 for the spiral.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Has anyone IRL tried to explain stats/chance/RNG to someone that honestly thinks 20% means they should only have to run something max of five times? 80% failure EACH attempt? Doesn't compute.

It's not cumulative. There is no pity roll. ETC? I did not know people were this bad at numbers WHEN TOLD/EXPLAINED LIKE THEY ARE FIVE YEARS OLD. If I could slam my phone down, and hang up on his ass I would have.

Vorph

What about when you run a 20% 25 times and still don't get it? That's happened to me more than once now. Even just last night I went 0 for 12 using Sharen to farm an amorphous mat (so two rolls each time, and extra infuriating because I kept running into the 5 minute outpost timer). Finally got one on the thirteenth and then a double drop a couple after that but still...

They need some sort of pity system just so there's not even any appearance of tomfuckery going on with the numbers, especially since Nexon has been caught doing it in the past.

Vorph

Anyone else max out their Thunder Cage? Here's where I'm at now:

1721431238275.png

Not sure how to finish it up. X polarity on Fire Rate UP is next, then I had planned on an M on the open slot for Weak Point Sight, and I was going to leave the last one without any. That way I'd have 11 capacity for Reload insight when just doing random shit, or a rank 5 (+15.3%) elemental enhancement for colossi. I'm not really sure if it's worth leaving the open one though; the alternative is putting another M on that last slot and using Have Aiming (+40% weak point, -20% accuracy) and also maxing out Expand Weapon Charge for 2 more rounds per mag. Don't know how bad the -20% accuracy on Have Aiming is though. People say it barely does anything, but I haven't felt like using 200k kuiper and 2M gold on it to find out for myself.

And yes, that purple crit rate roll really bothers me, but the max for gold is only 13.3%.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Has anyone IRL tried to explain stats/chance/RNG to someone that honestly thinks 20% means they should only have to run something max of five times? 80% failure EACH attempt? Doesn't compute.

It's not cumulative. There is no pity roll. ETC? I did not know people were this bad at numbers WHEN TOLD/EXPLAINED LIKE THEY ARE FIVE YEARS OLD. If I could slam my phone down, and hang up on his ass I would have.
Not sure if this is directed at me? 20% chance and 9 runs has like a 86% chance of dropping. Doing the 7 runs before it was like an 75% chance or something close.

Seems pretty unfortunate that I just keep ending up on the short end of it.

I didn't even mention the dozen runs for a thunder cage part that also turned up zilch.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally got all the Gley mats. Farming Voidshards is not very fun. The Morph material is a little better but still boring. Does not help I cant do the good ones due to lacking Ice/Fire for some shards.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Not sure if this is directed at me? 20% chance and 9 runs has like a 86% chance of dropping. Doing the 7 runs before it was like an 75% chance or something close.

Seems pretty unfortunate that I just keep ending up on the short end of it.

I didn't even mention the dozen runs for a thunder cage part that also turned up zilch.

Nah. My bud was trying to farm some character part. Told him probably an hour or more. 12 runs, and an hour and a half later, he rages off Discord, while I tried to explain 20% isn't a five runs guaranteed drop.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>

1st run is 20%. second run multiply 20% X 20% then add it to 20% so you'll get 24% chance after 2 runs. 3rd run is 24% X 20% then add that number to 24%. Should give you around 29% after 3 run. Just keep multiplying 20% to the last percentage and adding it together. At least i think that's how the math works.

Gator

Trakanon Raider
Finally wrapped up the campaign (also, holy shit at the length of the campaign on this free game).

There any "guides" or posts in this thread about what I should do now? Go get a new lvl 100 raw drop Tamer and look for better rolled stats?
I just finished the campaign a few days ago and I had the same thought. I am enjoying this more than I would have imagined especially since this wasn't on my radar till it had released.

I've been playing on the PS5 without issue. I recently went on vacation and loaded it up on my Steamdeck to try it out. It's was rough and crashed a lot. I ended up turning all settings to low, locked the fps to 30, and had to change the resolution. It worked and would only crash once in awhile. It was enough for me to complete dailies and farm some of the easier materials during down time. I managed to complete Sharen during that time. I haven't tried the deck since the most recent patch that fixed some crashes.

Now that I'm in endgame, I have Enzo in the cooker and trying to figure out what to do next. Thinking either of farming Valby or another Thunder. I also need to work on farming some catalyst and analyzers. I haven't used any since I'm not sure what I want to commit to. I think Vorph said it but I really don't want to prestige a character if it's the weaker version. I guess if the mats were easier it wouldn't be an issue but it's giving me choice paralysis. My main is Lepic and I enjoy his kit but knowing there's a Ultimate version does not make me want to buff him more. Plus there are better characters for farming which you'll end up using more of anyways.

I do like that the devs seem to listening to the community so hopefully some of these horrible farms will get better and I'm also interested to see once coming on August 1st.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wish I'd ignored all the stuff about Tamer and just went with Thunder Cage. I wasted a mushroom on Tamer thinking it was better than it is. But my Thunder Cage absolutely melts.

I'm way behind all the people that started the first couple days, but should have Gley, Valby, and Blair finished cooking tomorrow (have Viessa, Freyna, Sharen, and Bunny). But just like Warframe, if they're not ultimate, I see no use investing anything into any of them.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I wish I'd ignored all the stuff about Tamer and just went with Thunder Cage. I wasted a mushroom on Tamer thinking it was better than it is. But my Thunder Cage absolutely melts.

I'm way behind all the people that started the first couple days, but should have Gley, Valby, and Blair finished cooking tomorrow (have Viessa, Freyna, Sharen, and Bunny). But just like Warframe, if they're not ultimate, I see no use investing anything into any of them.

Thundercage is awesome. Great farming gun. You really are going to want to use that Tamer on bosses though.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Anyone else max out their Thunder Cage? Here's where I'm at now:

View attachment 537569

Not sure how to finish it up. X polarity on Fire Rate UP is next, then I had planned on an M on the open slot for Weak Point Sight, and I was going to leave the last one without any. That way I'd have 11 capacity for Reload insight when just doing random shit, or a rank 5 (+15.3%) elemental enhancement for colossi. I'm not really sure if it's worth leaving the open one though; the alternative is putting another M on that last slot and using Have Aiming (+40% weak point, -20% accuracy) and also maxing out Expand Weapon Charge for 2 more rounds per mag. Don't know how bad the -20% accuracy on Have Aiming is though. People say it barely does anything, but I haven't felt like using 200k kuiper and 2M gold on it to find out for myself.

And yes, that purple crit rate roll really bothers me, but the max for gold is only 13.3%.

I used the Valby deal to max out my Freya - all sockets done up - going to max out Lepic next and then wait till Ult Valby is released.

Does anyone have Wave of Light and comment on how they like it?

Vorph

Thundercage is awesome. Great farming gun. You really are going to want to use that Tamer on bosses though.
I still think Eternal Willpower is probably the best bossing gun, just don't have anywhere close to the resources to really test it. I have seen streamers completely destroy shit with it though (Gladd's Enzo build in particular). On paper, it's a little bit behind Tamer, but in practice it looks to leave it in the dust because you can actually hit weak points that aren't Devourer's knees. Unlike LMGs and SMGs, ARs in this game are extremely accurate and can even make mods like Real Life Fighter practical to use (with m/k anyway, gamepads have major issues with how aim assist works).

That said, "bossing gun" is a bit of an oxymoron as long as Gley and Lepic builds exist. It'd be fine to experiment with that kind of stuff if you could max shit out on a whim like in Warframe, but with even catalysts being a bitch to keep up with (even with perfect luck getting new patterns, it's still 7.5 hours to craft vs. less than an hour to use, or roughly 3 RL days to get enough to max out one gun or descendant) it's not happening unless you whip out the credit card and support their predatory pricing on those items.

I guess you could say the same about "farming gun" too though, seeing as Bunny exists. I don't actually farm shit with my Thunder Cage, I use it when I'm leveling other descendants and I use it on Bunny when I do bosses because I still don't have Ult. Lepic or Gley. It works but it's certainly not efficient. Can't kill Devourer fast enough solo to avoid enrage(s), so I PUG and that requires three other people who actually pull their weight too, and that's a tall order.

Vorph

It's so frustrating when I see a response like this from devs:

https://tfd.nexon.com/en/news/2606262

On one hand I want to give them a ton of credit for not reacting the way a shitbird company like Blizzard would, by nerfing the farm into oblivion and then smacking the character used for it around a bit too just to send a message. Assuming of course that the actual hotfix is as positive a change as they are making it sound like it's going to be.

On the other hand, it doesn't matter what they do as long as energy activators (and to a lesser extent catalysts) aren't easily accessible because that one idiotic decision that they let their bean counters make has compromised the entire game. I don't even know how you fix a fuck-up of this magnitude. Too many retards paid the current price to just slash it down to a sane level, so about all they could do is add in some new amorphous materials with much higher drop rates on those items (and then cut the crafting time by at least half too).

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I still think Eternal Willpower is probably the best bossing gun, just don't have anywhere close to the resources to really test it. I have seen streamers completely destroy shit with it though (Gladd's Enzo build in particular). On paper, it's a little bit behind Tamer, but in practice it looks to leave it in the dust because you can actually hit weak points that aren't Devourer's knees. Unlike LMGs and SMGs, ARs in this game are extremely accurate and can even make mods like Real Life Fighter practical to use (with m/k anyway, gamepads have major issues with how aim assist works).

That said, "bossing gun" is a bit of an oxymoron as long as Gley and Lepic builds exist. It'd be fine to experiment with that kind of stuff if you could max shit out on a whim like in Warframe, but with even catalysts being a bitch to keep up with (even with perfect luck getting new patterns, it's still 7.5 hours to craft vs. less than an hour to use, or roughly 3 RL days to get enough to max out one gun or descendant) it's not happening unless you whip out the credit card and support their predatory pricing on those items.

I guess you could say the same about "farming gun" too though, seeing as Bunny exists. I don't actually farm shit with my Thunder Cage, I use it when I'm leveling other descendants and I use it on Bunny when I do bosses because I still don't have Ult. Lepic or Gley. It works but it's certainly not efficient. Can't kill Devourer fast enough solo to avoid enrage(s), so I PUG and that requires three other people who actually pull their weight too, and that's a tall order.
I deleted my fuckin Thundercage somehow. FUCK!

I will look at Eternal Willpower. Not an AR type of guy. Like the big MG and Launcher!

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user