The First Descendant

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I was actually shocked at how well Pyro went after the shitshow that basically every other boss up to that point was. I only failed once and had to peace out maybe two or three times within the first minute because it was obvious that the other players were just fucked. Still doesn't make me optimistic for Frost Walker, or even Obstructor for that matter.

Well, the first 2 runs this morning were crap, but then the next 3 all went good. Obstructor is horrible, I think it took me 20-25 tries (didn't count, it was a lot spread over multiple days). Frost walker i've only tried twice and that was without looking up the mechanic, and once I looked up the mechanic I just haven't bothered since because I feel like it's something that will be successful in pugs maybe 1/100 runs.

Had 3 87s and got the ultimate bunny part on the last one, too, so that was nice. The other 2 aren't looking fun to farm tho, either 3% from AM 9 or an AM from successful infiltrations only for one, and 10% from a frostwalker AM or whatever % the successful infiltration AM is. Only way to successful infiltration is using Sharon and deactivating everything while stealth, right?

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So it's still working for you? Albeit at much lower rates than the YouTubers?

Maybe the one run I tried just was shit, cause I couldn't maintain the v skill at all. Felt like nothing was spawning. Versus the kuiper mine one j mentioned where it's not even remotely an issue.
What's your Valby build like? This is mine:
1721577062147.png

Not sure what to do with the last two capacity. Probably put it into Focus on Non-Attr for ~5% more skill power modifier.
Stats on Clean Up:
1721577103801.png

Cooldown being less than duration is important even with it having two stacks.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Well I fell ofd this hard. Went from 6-8 hrs a day to meh. The progression just stopped feeling good, much like warframe the time
Investment vs reward just doesn’t add up.

cool game that really needs a try before you buy setup to test all unlockable guns and characters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Had 3 87s and got the ultimate bunny part on the last one, too, so that was nice. The other 2 aren't looking fun to farm tho, either 3% from AM 9 or an AM from successful infiltrations only for one, and 10% from a frostwalker AM or whatever % the successful infiltration AM is. Only way to successful infiltration is using Sharon and deactivating everything while stealth, right?
Yeah, for the stabilizer and cells it looks like stealth with Sharen is the only way to go, and you might as well do the same on the code too since the alternative is either Hanged Man or Obstructer. The alt reward there for Sharen isn't bad either; Energy Activator at 6% and Enduring Legacy part at 20%.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I fell ofd this hard. Went from 6-8 hrs a day to meh. The progression just stopped feeling good, much like warframe the time
Investment vs reward just doesn’t add up.

cool game that really needs a try before you buy setup to test all unlockable guns and characters.
They really probably needed to bump up the chances, maybe even double them. Even shitty stuff being a massive grind is going to turn people off, and then add on the exorbitant shop prices and it's probably a massive misstep. Had everything been more accessible, they probably would get more longer term players and more people purchasing from the shop and not just whales. I'm still enjoying it personally, but I can definitely see the writing on the wall.

My Valby build isn't too different. I really need to level up my own Long Distance Maneuver module. I'm also not max level on her yet.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah, for the stabilizer and cells it looks like stealth with Sharen is the only way to go, and you might as well do the same on the code too since the alternative is either Hanged Man or Obstructer. The alt reward there for Sharen isn't bad either; Energy Activator at 6% and Enduring Legacy part at 20%.
I got the code from the one hanged man I did to unlock hard modes.

Vorph

I'm still enjoying it personally, but I can definitely see the writing on the wall.
Pretty much where I'm at. Don't have anything else I'm dying to play at the moment, so I'm still going for now. If they hadn't been retarded with the essential items they probably would've gotten $70 from me for Ult. Gley, since I really don't feel like farming 4x 6%'s. But if I'm just going to end up with 60 cap on her (and an extreme bottleneck from catalysts), what's the point?

Looks like the main thing your Valby is missing is the ranks in MP Conversion and Skill Expansion.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty much where I'm at. Don't have anything else I'm dying to play at the moment, so I'm still going for now. If they hadn't been retarded with the essential items they probably would've gotten $70 from me for Ult. Gley, since I really don't feel like farming 4x 6%'s. But if I'm just going to end up with 60 cap on her (and an extreme bottleneck from catalysts), what's the point?

Looks like the main thing your Valby is missing is the ranks in MP Conversion and Skill Expansion.
I have -too- many other games I'm invested in to deeply invest time into TFD, though I certainly would otherwise. I'll grab Luna and Ult Valby and see if they add anything new after that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Okay, so I went back with a buddy and did the Valby farm. That's retarded. Also, ignore the advice about using private. Just go public, no one is actually running that thing. It's just full of people running it for gold. And more people = more spawns. Also, knock the boss to immunity phase because it seems like he spawns more there. Was getting 300-400k gold per run (0.16x support memory).

Also, read that maxing out a transcendent module costs 5 million gold. So it's going to be a LOT of running this thing if you want to max stuff.

Vorph

Also, read that maxing out a transcendent module costs 5 million gold. So it's going to be a LOT of running this thing if you want to max stuff.
Unless you absolutely must, just do rank 9 on them. The last upgrade costs 200k kuiper and 2M gold, and all it does is reduce the capacity by 1.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Finally got around to taking a run at Frost Walker, after a dozen or so attempts I got a group to kill him. No Bunny part though =(

Vorph

I think I've come up with the best Thunder Cage setup for people who'd rather have an element ATK instead of weak point damage:
1721626472259.png

This one's only 79/80, at some point I'll max out another Expand Weapon Charge. 2 more bullets in the mag seems better than anything else I could upgrade. Edit: It's only 1 bullet, mag size doesn't round up. Get another Insight Focus and max that out instead.

1721626519916.png

1721626563988.png

For Toxic, I use the Cold setup, putting Expand Weapon Charge back in the C slot and Toxic in the open one. Unfortunately I can only fit rank 9 Toxic.

1721627699111.png

Raw damage version if there's something where you just don't want elemental damage at all.

Electric Conductor is probably better than Firing Fiesta on Bunny, but I can't get the damn thing to drop. Requires a bit of juggling to use though, since it's +1 capacity over Firing Fiesta.

Also, finally....
shot_focus.png

Now if I can just get Shield Collector before I get Bionic Fuel I can stop combining all my extra mods instead of breaking them down for kuiper. 4x C descendant mods keeps giving me random shit though; just got a R for weapon instead on the last one I did.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
So yeah, Frost Walker is a pain for sure, killed him 4 times yesterday. Seems the best strategy is just assume everyone sucks and do the mechanic yourself. That and pray you get a Lepic on your team.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Dev Talk│Director's comment regarding Strategic Oupost​

We apologize for the confusion caused by the misinterpretation during the translation process of the original Korean text. There have been no reversals of decisions, and our initial statement remains that we do not intend to restrict the Valby-run playstyle. However, as we mentioned, we aim to adjust the rewards efficiency at the Fortress Outpost to balance it with other regions. Once again, we apologize for any confusion in our communication, we will do our best to be as clear as possible.
[Misinterpreted Line]
As-is : So, we would like to inform you, that we’re preparing a patch without completely blocking The Fortress Outpost issue and to keep allowing the players to enjoy playing like before. However, at the same time, we will update other farming locations to match the efficiency, equivalent to The Fortress Outpost. It should be : So, we would like to inform you, that we’re preparing a patch without completely blocking The Fortress Outpost issue and to keep allowing the players to enjoy playing like before. However, at the same time, we will update the Fortress - Vulgus Strategic Outpost to match the efficiency of other farming locations.

From discord, not great news

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Annoying, but at the same time, running that over and over is incredibly boring.

Would be nice if they'd adjust the gold requirements or drops across the board somehow.

I like grindy games, but this one is kind of testing my limits.

Vorph

Sensors are dropping at the previous "best kuiper farm" spot this week. I'm actually seeing better results than from the Valby farm so far, I think because so many of the people there now aren't actually playing Valby and are just there to leech:

1721763354509.png

Need at two Valbys built properly to beat those numbers at the oval track.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Apparently the best farm for Shrooms is Frost Walker and trying for your last Ultimate Bunny part.

eggs1.jpg

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Has the game implemented a guild function yet? Or just an easy way to communicate and find people that you dont have a personal friendship with?

Vorph

Has the game implemented a guild function yet? Or just an easy way to communicate and find people that you dont have a personal friendship with?
Negative.

Patch 1.0.4 hit today. Valby farm nerfed as expected, but at least I got about 7M kuiper and 70M gold out of it while it lasted. Spent all but 1.5/15 already maxing out pretty much all the important modules.

Content Improvements
- Module storage limit has been increased from 1000 to 1500.
- Cooldown for " Vulgus Strategic Outpost" has been reduced from 5 minutes to 1 minute.
- Spawning time between monster respawn has been increased, and the reward amount has been adjusted at the " Vulgus Strategic Outpost".
- Void Fragments will now drop when defeating monsters in Special Operation. There will be the most void fragment drops at the Special Operation "Neutralize Void Experiment."
- Using "Mark for Arrest" item obtained from Special Operation will grant ten times the usual amount of gold. When "Mark for Arrest" is used from ‘consumable’ tab, it will convert to 100,000 gold, and "High-Value Mark for Arrest" will convert to 1,000,000 gold.

Module space going up to 1500 is a good start, 2500 would be more like it though. 1 minute cooldown on all outposts is a great change too.

Don't believe the Neutralize Void Experiment hype... it's still garbage. Shitty gold rewards, one 100k mark for arrest, about 20 total void fragments, and only 4 character levels (24-28, so basically fuck-all for XP) for completing all 38 waves.

Edit: Pretty wild that Enduring Legacy is already the best gun in the game and in the 8/1 patch they're making it crit even more than it already does (20% base now, which is nutty for a LMG).

Last edited:
  • 1Like