The First Descendant

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I used a Thundercage and Tamer last I played. Are they still the go to weapons of choice?

I cringe every time I still see people using Tamer. It was a piece of shit and still is a piece of shit, I cannot believe the hype that gun got.

Thunder Cage is top tier, can't go wrong. Fantastic clearing gun, very high single target, great Crit and/or Weak Point modding. Works on Gley with Mental Focus, works with everyone else with Sweeping Squad, or even Real-Life Fighter (Sweeping is better imo.)

The new hotness that comes close, but won't dethrone Thunder Cage is Greg's Reversed Fate.

Enduring Legacy is the gun you want to make to replace *puke* Tamer.

Piercing Light is the big damage sniper of choice. I think it's better than Afterglow Sword.

Picking the right mods for the base weapons stats and leveling them up is vastly more important than anything else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Is it actually possible to kill Executioner fast? I can do Devourer and Dead Bride in 10 seconds, even Pyromaniac I was just one shot short of finishing before enrage so I can probably get that down to 10-12 sec as well with a slight tweak. But Executioner just enrages before I'm even halfway through Lepic's Ult ammo.

How fast is fast?

20240806194846_1.jpg

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Are there guides on when and how to "prestige" the weapons? Like what Symbol to pick when you make the Proficency go back to 1.

To "Catalyst" (prestige) the weapon you need to level them to 40, then use a Crystalline Catalyst to assign a polarity, which will then reset it back to 1.

There's tons of guides on youtube. Moxsy has some of the best guides at the moment.

My Thunder Cage is probably different from other peoples, it suits me, hyper accurate weakpoint/crit and built to switch from anyone can use it, to my Gley DPS pewpew build.

20240806210032_1.jpg

20240806210122_1.jpg

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are there guides on when and how to "prestige" the weapons? Like what Symbol to pick when you make the Proficency go back to 1.
Its something I've been kind of looking for. For as many websites that pop up for builds in other games, there are surprisingly a lack of "good" websites that support this game. I was following a build guide for what I thought was someone that knew what they were doing - but the builds just ended up being "no shit, sherlock" or just outright terrible.

Not even nearly on the same level as that - or really all that similar, but it reminds me of last night. I'm still doing the campaign, and each time I queued up to do a mission in Moongrave Basin located in White-night Gulch, I was ported to the end with people and it completed at most within 30-40 seconds, but the middle one I ported in and it just spammed "completed." I would have thought the game wouldnt do that, but I'll take it.

what the end game in it is. So I think I will start playing it again every now and then.
If it's anything like Warframe - and it doesnt appear to be any different - you can farm until you have what you perceive to be the best in slot is for a frame. Or you can start the daunting process of mastering everything and burn out on the game. Either way, you'll quit for a length of time and come back and probably make the same choice again. I flip flopped from just wanting Rhino maxxed out when I first started Warframe, then came back and just started grinding stuff randomly multiple times etc. This game has by far less content, obviously. But I hope it does well enough to continue to make content. I like warframe, but Im not always in the mood for the spastic movement in that game.

End game is just being able to do all the content and farm for what you want, basically.

As a side note: I took my time doing anything with Bunny so Im just now leveling her up. Even with some hefty Defensive mods on her, she's such a squishy bitch.

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How fast is fast?
Given that it's the first HM boss, it's just weird to me I can't drop it in 10s like rest. Especially when I CAN do that to Pyromaniac despite his fire resist. ~30s is definitely fast enough though.

Not entirely sure why I couldn't do that though. I would expect it to get knocked down and then be easily finished off, but it rages before the knockdown unlike every other colossus. I haven't actually pulled it off with Swamp Walker yet, but I've seen Moxsy do it in his Lepic video so I know it's possible.

Vorph

As a side note: I took my time doing anything with Bunny so Im just now leveling her up. Even with some hefty Defensive mods on her, she's such a squishy bitch.
Squishy gets fixed by maxing out range more than by trying to be tanky. I generally have about 8k hp and 15-20k def and enemies almost never do more than take off my (~400) shield simply because the AOE kills everything before they even see me. You can get 20m out of regular Bunny without too much trouble, and Ult Bunny gets you all the way out to 27m (realistically it's just under 26m since using a range reactor or extra module is suboptimal) with High-Voltage.

Definitely don't recommend her for stuff like reactor bosses though. It wasn't until I completely maxed out Ult Bunny that she became my descendant of choice for that, and even now I still hide behind boxes and pillars and jump to deal damage without getting hit back because some of them can kill me in two hits.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Given that it's the first HM boss, it's just weird to me I can't drop it in 10s like rest. Especially when I CAN do that to Pyromaniac despite his fire resist. ~30s is definitely fast enough though.

Not entirely sure why I couldn't do that though. I would expect it to get knocked down and then be easily finished off, but it rages before the knockdown unlike every other colossus. I haven't actually pulled it off with Swamp Walker yet, but I've seen Moxsy do it in his Lepic video so I know it's possible.
What are you using to 30s pyromaniac? I gave up on soloing him and just ended up grouping for my 30+ attempts at high voltage.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Squishy gets fixed by maxing out range more than by trying to be tanky. I generally have about 8k hp and 15-20k def and enemies almost never do more than take off my (~400) shield simply because the AOE kills everything before they even see me. You can get 20m out of regular Bunny without too much trouble, and Ult Bunny gets you all the way out to 27m (realistically it's just under 26m since using a range reactor or extra module is suboptimal) with High-Voltage.

My Bunny has even less defence than Vorphs' does. As he says, Range is king. Damage is next. Dead shit can't hit you. Dead shit spawns orbs to heal.

The biggest mistake most (Ultimate) Bunny's make is using the wrong mod when it comes to content. High Voltage hits at 27m with maxed range, and no-mod hits for 21m. High Voltage hits only 3 targets at once and can hit VERY hard if you've maxed it out, mine hits for 600-700k. So it can rip through things pretty damned fast. No-mod though, hit EVERYTHING in that 21m range. It only hits for 300k, but it's more than 3 targets. So things like Kuiper Blockade, no-mod is the best set up, or open world stuff. I used High Voltage only when doing HM dungeons because there's only really ever 3 mobs in range at any given time.

I also don't use Bunny for anything else. I use either Gley or Lepic for bossing. I did do a Devourer kill with High Voltage and while I killed him in under 2 minutes I could have done that far faster.

20240806213050_1.jpg

Vorph

What are you using to 30s pyromaniac? I gave up on soloing him and just ended up grouping for my 30+ attempts at high voltage.
Ult Lepic.
1722946439192.png

You need to be perfect though. Can't fire too early and waste the first shot, and I'm pretty sure you need to crit more than half of them (which means a fair bit of luck since it's like 46% on the sheet). Definitely will need a BIS reactor (colossus skill ATK + crit dmg) too.

Slayer set would make it a lot easier too, but a bit of a Catch-22 there since it's Pyro that drops them.

You can also sacrifice the ability to run a mobbing build and group-friendliness by changing the Technician polarity to X and run Maximize Power instead. Or go full glass cannon and drop Battle of Stamina for Fire Syncytium (C->A).

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Looking good. I'd drop Edging Shot for Fire Enhancement though. Or ideally, swap the R to A, catalyze the X, and then just put Fire Enh. in the empty slot. Edging Shot is kind of an iffy tradeoff with the base crit rate on EL but you get a lot more out of it on Valby/Enzo.

Got the Fire Enhancement in there. Just need to work on the gun rolls.

1722956333725.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since we're speaking of builds, does anyone have a really basic bitch Bunny build, without a Transcendent mod, that can do Hard mode Shard farming? Really, really tired of having no Monomer shards.

Vorph

Since we're speaking of builds, does anyone have a really basic bitch Bunny build, without a Transcendent mod, that can do Hard mode Shard farming? Really, really tired of having no Monomer shards.
You need range, damage, and cooldown to pull it off solo, which I don't think is possible in a 60 cap build. Best bet is to just slap on some survivability, find an instance with other people already there, and shoot one of the spawn points with your TC.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

think that is about the best you will get w/o an activator and catalysts

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone else have issues with the shaders today after their maintenance? I went from maybe 10-15 seconds on load to like 2 minutes. And now even zoning between regular zones is taking up to a minute.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Also

20240807122122_1.jpg

I haven't really farmed shards at a pillar in ages, I think between the Blockade in Sterile Lands, and the Void Experiment runs I did in Vespers (I think), I got a shit ton of shards.