The First Descendant

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is the general consensus for external components now? I had been running DEF on everything and double DEF when possible, but now I think I'll switch to mostly HP, with the Memory component being double DEF.

I have enough catalysts now to build out either Viessa or Lepic since my Valby is done in that regard, but given every build for Lepic is built around Firearm Master, I'm not sure I want to invest resources and time into him atm. Getting that mod for him is out of reach (Obstructor, lol), while I can farm for Cold Bloodedness (its mostly how I have enough catalysts now). Leveling up Viessa would also be easier due to so many ppl doing Vespers now as well.

I have a decent Bunny now, and she can farm Monomer shards easily enough, and my Lepic can do Polymer. Getting Organic shards is a total pain in the ass though, as all the Fire based ones suck to do, and the Electric is even worse.

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What is the general consensus for external components now?
Aux - HP/HP/MP Rec (for Bunny mainly)
Sens - HP/Consumable/Char XP (farming), HP/MP/MP Rec (Bunny dungeon farming/Lepic bossing)
Mem - DEF/Firearm XP/Gold (farming), DEF/DEF/MP Rec
Proc - HP/whatever/whatever

If you get Ult Gley, she's going to want the full Slayer set even though it has two useless shield main stats.
----
Organic is trivial with a built out Lepic, just go to Dune Base. Even if yours still needs work, it's not usually hard to find an instance with someone else farming it.

It isn't as easy as the video makes it look in my experience, mainly because the mobs sometimes don't spawn fast enough to get them all with one ult. Still way better than polymer or inorganic farming though.

Last edited:

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Damn usually only had to experience the long load time due to shaders reloading after a patch once, now it's happening every time I load into a map. :confused:

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
NM seems it cleared up now, took about 5-6 map loads, yeah I did a driver update yesterday as well.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This game has a profound Bunny problem. Its by far the most played character and is ridiculously overpowered for 'normal' activities but worthless for Collossi. Doing content with Bunny is just jerking off in a corner while they do everything. The game is fun to play when you can engage in combat but not when Bunny just giggle-sprint-murders everything with zero effort.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's definitely the most powerful by far for farming. I've maxed out my ultimate one and you just shit on everything.

But if we use the apt Warframe comparison, she isn't even that great. I remember having frames in that where you just stand in one spot and destroy the whole map.

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's definitely the most powerful by far for farming. I've maxed out my ultimate one and you just shit on everything.

But if we use the apt Warframe comparison, she isn't even that great. I remember having frames in that where you just stand in one spot and destroy the whole map.
Yep, Ult. Bunny is the Ember Prime of TFD. Gley is basically like Equinox -- she can do what Bunny does with a much larger AOE but it takes a lot more effort to pull it off.

It's not even a problem because unlike Warframe, there's no reason to group in this game in the first place. If Bunny didn't exist to make the grind bearable I probably would have uninstalled 250 hours ago.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's kind of hypocrisy from my end, I kinda hate that a certain toon can pretty much demolish the entire map by just running around and pressing the 3rd skill everytime it's up..

But then again.. when I queue for Sterile Lands Kuiper Mine and some Bunny is absofuckinglutely demolishing everything past wave 6onwards (which is where my dps just doesn't do anything), I don't mind the "boost". I mean, I do feel bad that my contribution is minimal at best. But at least certain people finish stuff even though their hard carrying 3 other people.

I did see a HM 1st Colossi yesterday where two people insta-aborted when there was a Level 1 Bunny in the group :p

Edit: How much defense is good to have? I mean, the tooltip says that after it reduces the dmg by 80%, it won't go above it. But what are we looking at to be an "okay number". Because ussual merbs still take like a huge chunk of my shields and like half health away even with 29k defense. Guess I'll have to experiment a bit and maybe push hp from 2.8k to something like maybe 4-5k?

Edit2: Guess I'll try the upper tactic going from 29k def and 2.5k hp to 19k def and 7.5k hp.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rather nice website for looking up materials / locations needed for Descendents / Weapons (inspired by the community spreadsheet). Haven't dug into it too deeply, but it looks good!

TFD Farm

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, Ult. Bunny is the Ember Prime of TFD. Gley is basically like Equinox -- she can do what Bunny does with a much larger AOE but it takes a lot more effort to pull it off.

It's not even a problem because unlike Warframe, there's no reason to group in this game in the first place. If Bunny didn't exist to make the grind bearable I probably would have uninstalled 250 hours ago.
Now they just need to make Sharen into Loki with perma-stealth.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's kind of hypocrisy from my end, I kinda hate that a certain toon can pretty much demolish the entire map by just running around and pressing the 3rd skill everytime it's up..

But then again.. when I queue for Sterile Lands Kuiper Mine and some Bunny is absofuckinglutely demolishing everything past wave 6onwards (which is where my dps just doesn't do anything), I don't mind the "boost". I mean, I do feel bad that my contribution is minimal at best. But at least certain people finish stuff even though their hard carrying 3 other people.

I did see a HM 1st Colossi yesterday where two people insta-aborted when there was a Level 1 Bunny in the group :p

Edit: How much defense is good to have? I mean, the tooltip says that after it reduces the dmg by 80%, it won't go above it. But what are we looking at to be an "okay number". Because ussual merbs still take like a huge chunk of my shields and like half health away even with 29k defense. Guess I'll have to experiment a bit and maybe push hp from 2.8k to something like maybe 4-5k?

Edit2: Guess I'll try the upper tactic going from 29k def and 2.5k hp to 19k def and 7.5k hp.
There was a vid posted going over the math on Def/HP, and how things change once you start Hard content. Defense is king for Normal stuff, but falls off a lot in Hard content due to Hard mobs/bosses doing much more elemental dmg, which defense/resists won't help, so a really big HP pool will let you survive longer. At least that is what I took from the vid.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just in case someone is actively for Dangerous Ambush, and were thinking of trying the Water Treatment Facility mission in Sterile Land (collect 10 balls) on Hard (5% drop as completion reward), I would suggest not doing so given my experience with it yesterday. I did maybe 40 runs of that mission on Hard, didn't get the drop. During those runs, there are 4-5 times when I didn't get -any- completion reward, no gold, no items, nothing. All inventories had plenty of room, and the next run gave rewards as normal. That was annoying, so I switched to Normal and got it on the 4th run.

So I have all the mods needed for the Lepic build I'm following, aside from Firearm Master, but the thought of leveling him up to fully catalyst is sickening atm. If I could get a Vespers group without a Viessa, I might be tempted, but when one is there... its pointless. Also, XP in groups is very oddly setup in TFD. If you're in a group out in the gameworld, you still need to actually hit a mob to get XP from it. If you trigger a Void Fragment, you get full XP even if you never hit anything... everyone one else needs to though. If you're in a dungeon, you get full XP without needing to hit anything. Makes no sense.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just in case someone is actively for Dangerous Ambush, and were thinking of trying the Water Treatment Facility mission in Sterile Land (collect 10 balls) on Hard (5% drop as completion reward), I would suggest not doing so given my experience with it yesterday. I did maybe 40 runs of that mission on Hard, didn't get the drop. During those runs, there are 4-5 times when I didn't get -any- completion reward, no gold, no items, nothing. All inventories had plenty of room, and the next run gave rewards as normal. That was annoying, so I switched to Normal and got it on the 4th run.

So I have all the mods needed for the Lepic build I'm following, aside from Firearm Master, but the thought of leveling him up to fully catalyst is sickening atm. If I could get a Vespers group without a Viessa, I might be tempted, but when one is there... its pointless. Also, XP in groups is very oddly setup in TFD. If you're in a group out in the gameworld, you still need to actually hit a mob to get XP from it. If you trigger a Void Fragment, you get full XP even if you never hit anything... everyone one else needs to though. If you're in a dungeon, you get full XP without needing to hit anything. Makes no sense.
Yea. I was farming something in Sterile Lands with the three capture points and there was multiple times that I got barely any loot. But within a handful of times after that, the piece I wanted dropped and I G'd out. On the other side of that mix, I've been farming some mods and even though the rare mods I want havent dropped in those spots, Ive got multiple copies of the red card with lower drop chance. Im just going to gamble them, so its fine. But holy fuck the RNG in this game will test you, hard core.