The First Descendant

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Also, XP in groups is very oddly setup in TFD. If you're in a group out in the gameworld, you still need to actually hit a mob to get XP from it. If you trigger a Void Fragment, you get full XP even if you never hit anything... everyone one else needs to though. If you're in a dungeon, you get full XP without needing to hit anything. Makes no sense.

It's pretty simple. If you've been added to the mission, and in the area, you get xp. If you're in the mission area, but haven't been added to the mission, you get nothing. Dungeons are all missions so you're added to the mission automatically, but the area is limited to the xp range of 150m. Void Fragments are missions, so if you start it, you get added. You have to hit a mob, or trigger the second/third stage of the pillar to get added to the mission.

Even if you're grouped with people and they trigger a mission, until you join the mission, or tag (I like to call it this) into the mission you're not actually grouped.

Simple: In mission = xp, out of mission = no xp.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
So I have all the mods needed for the Lepic build I'm following, aside from Firearm Master, but the thought of leveling him up to fully catalyst is sickening atm.

Special Operation, Sterile Land Kuiper Blockade. I think it takes 4 runs to max out. Also while you're getting XP, you typically make a decent amount of gold doing this. Oh, and now you make a reasonable amount of void shards too.

Slowly build your way to this build, you want range and cooldown first.

20240812102225_1.jpg

Use your traction grenade, then you can follow up with a grenade to kill everything, or, gun everything in the ball down. Greg's is great for this.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's pretty simple. If you've been added to the mission, and in the area, you get xp. If you're in the mission area, but haven't been added to the mission, you get nothing. Dungeons are all missions so you're added to the mission automatically, but the area is limited to the xp range of 150m. Void Fragments are missions, so if you start it, you get added. You have to hit a mob, or trigger the second/third stage of the pillar to get added to the mission.

Even if you're grouped with people and they trigger a mission, until you join the mission, or tag (I like to call it this) into the mission you're not actually grouped.

Simple: In mission = xp, out of mission = no xp.
You must not have been at the Vespers XP farm with a Viessa skill spamming, haha. Simple, sure, but extremely difficult to get a tag to "join" the mission.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Special Operation, Sterile Land Kuiper Blockade. I think it takes 4 runs to max out. Also while you're getting XP, you typically make a decent amount of gold doing this. Oh, and now you make a reasonable amount of void shards too.

View attachment 540832
Use your traction grenade, then you can follow up with a grenade to kill everything, or, gun everything in the ball down. Greg's is great for this.
I'm well aware of Blockade, it is also prone to having "long ranger" types that run off to the out of range nodes, which lessens the XP. Place is just tiresome now.

Edit: The Kuiper Mining cave (with the Thnuder Cage part) might be better than Blockade, especially with max range/cd Traction grenades. I'll have to try that out.

Last edited:

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
You must not have been at the Vespers XP farm with a Viessa skill spamming, haha. Simple, sure, but extremely difficult to get a tag to "join" the mission.

Or stuff instantly dying when it spawns because of Water Witch's shit on the ground.

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Edit: The Kuiper Mining cave (with the Thnuder Cage part) might be better than Blockade, especially with max range/cd Traction grenades. I'll have to try that out.
Best "normal" mission for kuiper+gold+XP is still the Abandoned Refinery Unit in Echo Swamp. Doesn't have a particularly useful drop this week though, unless you're really into using Blue Beetle with Bunny for bossing (which isn't a bad thing to have, but I wouldn't put in the time trying to get a perfect gold text colossus dmg/crit dmg one).

Best ones this week (which ends in like 15 hours from now anyway) are Fortress Outskirts for Gley/Valby + Greg's reactors, Large Nuclear Reactor for Viessa (Cold-Bloodedness) + general ammo reactors, and Kuiper Mine for Ult. Viessa (Absolute-Zero) + Greg's reactors.

For pure XP, there's also the new void fragment spot people found over the weekend. It's down in WNG>Moongrave Basin. Requires a fair bit of setup to do right though. Like 1 person ungrouped running a Non-Att descendant to start/drop the mission, then 1-3 others with good AOE to kill the spawn after joining a different mission (Forgotten Comms) that they just ignore. The starter gets full XP because he's always in the frag mission, everyone else gets full XP because they're "grouped" by the other mission, and the whole thing goes faster because only one person has to abort to reset it. (People should be doing this at the Vespers spot as well, but good luck getting randoms to listen...)

---------------------------------
Just finished crafting Ult. Viessa this morning, and man is she a slog to level up once, let alone 7 more times after that for catalysts. Probably not doing myself any favors by trying to finish up a 9-catalyst Enduring Legacy grind at the same time, but I hate being inefficient by using a gun like TC or Greg's that I've already maxed out. Plus my only really good Chill/Tech reactor has EL mounting on it. Definitely need to get one of these void frag groups together for this shit. At least I can setup a half-assed CB Blizzard build with max range/cooldown and decent damage there. At some point I really need to get an Ult. Lepic group together to farm Frost Walker for trans modules, mainly Absolute-Zero. I know they're nerfing the fight tomorrow, but I'm skeptical that anything short of completely gutting out the wipe mechanic will be enough for 95% of PUGs to get through it.

Last edited:

Vorph

Quick rundown on the loot this week:

Reactors
Bunny (E/S/General) - Vespers/The Ruins > Ruins Courtyard (I guess? This is a case of finding the mission the sucks the least...)
Lepic - Jack and shit this week
Viessa (C/S/Special) - Hagios/Corrupted Zone > bunch of shit missions, hope you got one of these last week if you needed it for Absolute-Zero+Greg's ... maybe the outpost can be Valby'ed?
Gley/Valby (N/D/General) - Agna/Miragestone > Outpost w/Valby

External Components
Memory - SL/Repository > Kuiper Mine
Processor - SL/Rockfall > Anticipated Ambush Point

---------------------------
Pretty disappointing patch overall. Only change to dungeons is that rolling the multiplier is easier now, but they didn't remove Sprint Disabled and you still waste a fair bit of gold fishing for anything over 220%. Standing in circles and all the other bullshit time-padding events are still in full effect. Reactor boss change was ok I guess, but does very little to solve the real problem which is the retarded grind for AMs and fragments. Haven't tried Frost Fucker yet to see if it's still too much for PUGs.

The UI changes are nice though, and they seem to have fixed their FSR frame gen fuck up from last week (even though the patch note only mentions consoles, I'm able to use it on PC again too without any stutter and my fps is back up to 150ish at all times, ultra settings).

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
And if we don't play Bunny, Lepic, Viessa or Gley/Valby? We should just re-roll and get out? :D

I think Kuiper normal takes like 4 full runs from 1-40.

Vorph

And if we don't play Bunny, Lepic, Viessa or Gley/Valby? We should just re-roll and get out? :D
100%. :D

Nah, I just only check what I play, which is descendants that have ultimates (minus Ajax who I just have zero interest in). I do wish they'd put out a list of ultimates in order they will be released though. If I knew someone like Enzo or Yujin was like a year away from getting an ult then I'd be much more inclined to invest resources into them now.

I did check all the other popular XP/kuiper/gold spots and none of them have anything notable dropping there this week. Edit: Actually I take that back, Yujin wants a Non-A/Singular/Impact reactor for his Proliferating Allergy build and you can get that at the original Valby run this week. It's not very good for xp/kuiper/gold anymore but it does still drop a ton of reactors.
I think Kuiper normal takes like 4 full runs from 1-40.
Assuming you don't lose too much xp to the 150m range limit, yeah. Problem is that those 4 runs could take 40 minutes grouped with a maxed out Bunny or 2 average ones, or it could take an hour and a half+ with a bunch of slow pokes that have poor AOEs.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had started farming for Enduring Legacy last night, and finally got the BP this morning, but now I'll have to do the Reactor Bosses. So I might just hold off on that til the Shard change comes out (if at all, I guess). Got five 83's, and was lucky enough to open them all when other ppl were present, but no luck of course.

View attachment 540832
I've been using something similar (range/cd), and yesterday I started the catalyst process. Jumped into the Albion Defense and got to 24 or 26. Then I jumped into the Echo Swamp Defense, and that was fun AF (since most ppl are much better geared now), we could have finished the whole thing easily (imo), but we bailed one set before. Took like 47min though, which is too long, but I got me to 38. Then I sadly went into SL Blockade, and sure enough a Bunny was off on their own wasting XP, so I left as soon as I hit 40.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
100%. :D

Nah, I just only check what I play, which is descendants that have ultimates (minus Ajax who I just have zero interest in). I do wish they'd put out a list of ultimates in order they will be released though. If I knew someone like Enzo or Yujin was like a year away from getting an ult then I'd be much more inclined to invest resources into them now.

I did check all the other popular XP/kuiper/gold spots and none of them have anything notable dropping there this week. Edit: Actually I take that back, Yujin wants a Non-A/Singular/Impact reactor for his Proliferating Allergy build and you can get that at the original Valby run this week. It's not very good for xp/kuiper/gold anymore but it does still drop a ton of reactors.

Assuming you don't lose too much xp to the 150m range limit, yeah. Problem is that those 4 runs could take 40 minutes grouped with a maxed out Bunny or 2 average ones, or it could take an hour and a half+ with a bunch of slow pokes that have poor AOEs.
My guess for next Ult is either Jayber / Yuijin or Sharen (lol).

Vorph

I had started farming for Enduring Legacy last night, and finally got the BP this morning, but now I'll have to do the Reactor Bosses. So I might just hold off on that til the Shard change comes out (if at all, I guess). Got five 83's, and was lucky enough to open them all when other ppl were present, but no luck of course.
Outpost and reactor bosses are all completely trivial now. Doesn't help with the void frag farming, but I guess it's something at least. I'm working on getting my other 4 ELs whenever I get bored of re-leveling Ult. Viessa and the EL itself. About to craft one as soon as I get another BP.

Sure wish I could trade Synthetic Fibers for the other pieces... even at a 10:1 ratio it'd be enough to max out the unique ability.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like Reina will be the next Descendent to be released, she is the Pilot you interact with during the Story. The shadowed pic in the patch notes matches up with her ingame model perfectly.

The Season 1 patch could be amazing.

Vorph

Gotta say, having a decent Ult Viessa makes a huge difference when it comes to the Frag->Outpost->Reactor farm. Polymer was a massive cockblock, but now I can average about 30 a minute at the Fortress spot. Does require a second person there though, since you can't pop the crystal and also be in range to drop the first Blizzard right as they spawn.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I just barely unlocked hard mode so I'm finally getting into this shit, but are there any rules of thumb as to what substats I want on guns? Reactors? I understand I wanna stack double def/hp external components, but reactors I basically just equip whatever has the highest green number for the character and I literally never noticed the two stats at the bottom until last night. How much does a DPS number on a gun matter versus the rolls it has? What's the priority for gold subs? Do you auto junk anything without 4x gold? Etc.

My main is Viessa, have catalyzed once and I have Thunder Cage and Greg's leveled up but they probably have trash substats. Heard Blue Beetle is decent for her so I'm casually grinding that. I just unlocked Sharen as well who I have been learning how to stealth outposts with, just pumped up skill duration for her but having a hard time actually killing lvl 100 bosses if no one else is around. Freya is unlocked but I haven't played her really.

Need to know what I'm looking for at a glance.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just barely unlocked hard mode so I'm finally getting into this shit, but are there any rules of thumb as to what substats I want on guns? Reactors? I understand I wanna stack double def/hp external components, but reactors I basically just equip whatever has the highest green number for the character and I literally never noticed the two stats at the bottom until last night. How much does a DPS number on a gun matter versus the rolls it has? What's the priority for gold subs? Do you auto junk anything without 4x gold? Etc.

My main is Viessa, have catalyzed once and I have Thunder Cage and Greg's leveled up but they probably have trash substats. Heard Blue Beetle is decent for her so I'm casually grinding that. I just unlocked Sharen as well who I have been learning how to stealth outposts with, just pumped up skill duration for her but having a hard time actually killing lvl 100 bosses if no one else is around. Freya is unlocked but I haven't played her really.

Need to know what I'm looking for at a glance.
Spend some time farming up more Thunder Cages, it will make a huge difference. Same with Gregs.

In HM, worry more about getting HP, while having your DEF at like 20k (more does help, but is useless vs. elemental dmg).

Start crafting the Weapon Readjustment things (I forget the name, but the one for Unique weapons). Crit, Crit Dmg, Firearm ATK, Colossi DMG are all good. More ammo per Mag is also good (imo). My TC has Crit Dmg, Firearm ATK, Colossi ATK and Rounds per Mag. Its good.

You'll want a Reactor that is keyed to your Thunder Cage or Gregs (whichever is better) so you get the 160% bonus vs. 140%, these will be the unique reactors. You can open the Map and select Difficulty Rewards at the bottom to bring up a window where you can see what type of Reactors are dropping in each zone. For Viessa, you can search for General Rounds (for TC) and Special Rounds (for Gregs) + Chill + Tech. There is a weekly rotation for various combinations, so there might not be a specific Reactor that you're looking for this week.

You can also view "All Rewards" to see where External Components are dropping. Try to farm up a few sets for farming, bossing, leveling. So look for survivability stuff (HP/DEF/Resists) and farming stuff like +Character XP, +Gold, +Kuiper, etc. Having a good set of survivability components can free up a defensive mod slot.

I ended up putting an Activator on my Sharen just to build up her HP/Def to more easily farm HM Outposts, no catalysts though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Farmed up some 83's and 65's this evening and got the Enduring Legacy piece off the first boss kill. Seems they nerfed the 65 boss so that it doesn't bubble up twice during the first, it just summons the orbs.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Spend some time farming up more Thunder Cages, it will make a huge difference. Same with Gregs.

In HM, worry more about getting HP, while having your DEF at like 20k (more does help, but is useless vs. elemental dmg).

Start crafting the Weapon Readjustment things (I forget the name, but the one for Unique weapons). Crit, Crit Dmg, Firearm ATK, Colossi DMG are all good. More ammo per Mag is also good (imo). My TC has Crit Dmg, Firearm ATK, Colossi ATK and Rounds per Mag. Its good.

You'll want a Reactor that is keyed to your Thunder Cage or Gregs (whichever is better) so you get the 160% bonus vs. 140%, these will be the unique reactors. You can open the Map and select Difficulty Rewards at the bottom to bring up a window where you can see what type of Reactors are dropping in each zone. For Viessa, you can search for General Rounds (for TC) and Special Rounds (for Gregs) + Chill + Tech. There is a weekly rotation for various combinations, so there might not be a specific Reactor that you're looking for this week.

You can also view "All Rewards" to see where External Components are dropping. Try to farm up a few sets for farming, bossing, leveling. So look for survivability stuff (HP/DEF/Resists) and farming stuff like +Character XP, +Gold, +Kuiper, etc. Having a good set of survivability components can free up a defensive mod slot.

I ended up putting an Activator on my Sharen just to build up her HP/Def to more easily farm HM Outposts, no catalysts though.
I only get a day or two during the week where I can actually play this for any length of time. But I've been curious about the rotation that this has, knowing Warframe has one. So reactors... change their drop location? How often? What else is on a rotation?

Brahma Brahma - Are you going to come back for the beginning of the next season in.. (checks timer) 15 days?

Speaking of season, I bought the season pass thinking there would just be some cool shit in it and something I can work towards. 10 Bucks is whatever. But fuck, this Battle Pass has like.. nothing of significant value in it. Who the fuck is going to use Sigvores like that? Then the little gold/exp/Endo day passes? Gotta use them when I can cause they'll fucking poof with the battle pass if I dont. Why cant I just have them in my inventory? ... Hell, forget the rewards for a second. Some of the Battle Pass objectives is some seriously sweaty shit. Holy fuck. 200 fucking collosi? .. I cant stand the fucking Beam Weapon after that 2k enemies. Collecting 50 stories didnt take long, but fucking hell thats the worst addition of story Ive seen in a game. Theres others that are worse that I just havent concentrated on yet, but fucking hell man. ... Just had to whine for a minute about this shit. The objectives are so damn sweaty, it actively detracts from the game.