The First Descendant

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I only get a day or two during the week where I can actually play this for any length of time. But I've been curious about the rotation that this has, knowing Warframe has one. So reactors... change their drop location? How often? What else is on a rotation?

Brahma Brahma - Are you going to come back for the beginning of the next season in.. (checks timer) 15 days?

Speaking of season, I bought the season pass thinking there would just be some cool shit in it and something I can work towards. 10 Bucks is whatever. But fuck, this Battle Pass has like.. nothing of significant value in it. Who the fuck is going to use Sigvores like that? Then the little gold/exp/Endo day passes? Gotta use them when I can cause they'll fucking poof with the battle pass if I dont. Why cant I just have them in my inventory? ... Hell, forget the rewards for a second. Some of the Battle Pass objectives is some seriously sweaty shit. Holy fuck. 200 fucking collosi? .. I cant stand the fucking Beam Weapon after that 2k enemies. Collecting 50 stories didnt take long, but fucking hell thats the worst addition of story Ive seen in a game. Theres others that are worse that I just havent concentrated on yet, but fucking hell man. ... Just had to whine for a minute about this shit. The objectives are so damn sweaty, it actively detracts from the game.
The link I posted above is a site that shows which type of reactors are dropping this week and where in a better format than what the game offers.

This current battle pass is pretty lackluster and I see it as a preliminary BP, hopefully the Season 1 BP is loaded up with better stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's bad as battle passes in general go, but in the end I still wound up getting it without any regrets. You get 300 caliber back, and the remaining cost is worth it just for the 3 days of boosts for everything, since boosters are yet another thing that they charge vastly more money for than Warframe does (not to mention that it's a pathetic 130% instead of 200%). I actually like that they are individual 24h boosts, means I can just use a single char+firearm XP to catalyze Ult Viessa + Enduring Legacy and then I still have some left when I finally get around to farming the last couple Ult. Valby parts. Same with gold/kuiper boosts so I don't feel like I have to do that shit non-stop for 3 days. It's retarded that they made a bunch of skins for completely worthless blue tier guns, but some of the other cosmetics aren't bad if you're into that stuff. The hamster wheel amuses me at least.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
So battle pass is good to get? I'm on like season pass level 85, but I don't think there's a non-battlepass rewards for it.

Also, I hope the next Ult isn't Sharen, since I'm kinda upgrading her atm :D

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well.. that quote was out of context.
It's bad as battle passes in general go, but in the end I still wound up getting it without any regrets. You get 300 caliber back, and the remaining cost is worth it just for the 3 days of boosts for everything, since boosters are yet another thing that they charge vastly more money for than Warframe does (not to mention that it's a pathetic 130% instead of 200%). I actually like that they are individual 24h boosts, means I can just use a single char+firearm XP to catalyze Ult Viessa + Enduring Legacy and then I still have some left when I finally get around to farming the last couple Ult. Valby parts. Same with gold/kuiper boosts so I don't feel like I have to do that shit non-stop for 3 days. It's retarded that they made a bunch of skins for completely worthless blue tier guns, but some of the other cosmetics aren't bad if you're into that stuff. The hamster wheel amuses me at least.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Some of the Battle Pass objectives is some seriously sweaty shit. Holy fuck. 200 fucking collosi? .. I cant stand the fucking Beam Weapon after that 2k enemies. Collecting 50 stories didnt take long, but fucking hell thats the worst addition of story Ive seen in a game. Theres others that are worse that I just havent concentrated on yet, but fucking hell man. ... Just had to whine for a minute about this shit. The objectives are so damn sweaty, it actively detracts from the game.

Well they're making some adjustments going forward...

1723669865615.png

Also this is a nice change for farming..
1723670750403.png

Been amazed at their quick qol improvements.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Well.. that quote was out of context.

Just because a couple of bad mechanics in the BP worked out for Vorph's situation doesn't mean that it isn't a bad BP.

The fact that you can't renew the pass with currency from the previous one is a huge downside as far as industry standards go.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well they're making some adjustments going forward...

View attachment 541303

Also this is a nice change for farming..
View attachment 541305

Been amazed at their quick qol improvements.
That shit is definitely a problem. I've got almost 200 hours in the game and can only buy two things from that little shop. Like, holy shit, if you're going to offer crappy free rewards, at least make them obtainable.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone ran into an issue when crafting the Weapon Readjustment items where the craft time will be 10hrs instead of 1hr?

Vorph

Finally...
1723689186254.png

Not that I really care anymore since I setup my Ult Bunny for near-infinite running without using Bionic Fuel, but I still wanted to hit that damn 0.54% or whatever it is combine and have every non-trans module.

Has anyone ran into an issue when crafting the Weapon Readjustment items where the craft time will be 10hrs instead of 1hr?
Normal mode materials = craft 20 in 10 hours
Hard mode materials = craft 20 in 1 hour or 200 in 10 hours

That shit is definitely a problem. I've got almost 200 hours in the game and can only buy two things from that little shop. Like, holy shit, if you're going to offer crappy free rewards, at least make them obtainable.
I finished all the seasonal ones like a week ago. 3 ult descendants and 2 ult weapons maxed out was enough to clear most of them, and farming enough catalyst BPs to do the maxing out took care of the 200 colossus one. For anyone still struggling with BPs, Bunny can clear Shelter dungeon in 4:15-4:45 depending on luck with the gathered items at the start. Make sure to roll at least 220% and you'll get two amorphs every time. Then you just do HM Devourer in 6-10 seconds using Lepic, maybe a minute total once you factor in loading, the 10 sec countdown, and then looting afterwards. Haven't found any other method that even comes close.

They definitely needed to fix the supply coins though. Despite finishing all that, just skipping the super annoying weekly ones was enough that I would not have been able to get the Ajax helmet on page 1 if they had left it as it was. Right now I have 5 coins unspent and 110 worth of stuff left to buy.

Last edited:

Gator

Trakanon Raider
The devs said they are looking at ways of improving the battle pass for the next season. Also, they said they noticed that their challenges were too challenging for the majority of players. They do not believe the majority will complete the challenges so they are also looking to tune them down next season.

RNG is something else. I went through close to 30 AM to get that 6% ult bunny code and nothing yesterday but today I get it the first try and then a 6% activator bp on my second try. Crazy

Vorph

RNG is something else. I went through close to 30 AM to get that 6% ult bunny code and nothing yesterday but today I get it the first try and then a 6% activator bp on my second try. Crazy
Had similar with Viessa. Got the first 6% in a few tries, second one on the first try, then I burned through easy 1500+ polymer trying to get the two 10% parts. My drop rate on the AMs was the only thing close to 10% there (supposed to be 25%).

Gator

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I felt that way farming the 82 and 83 from Echo Swamp Derelict Covert. I was getting 2-3 every ten minutes then going on long dry spells where I maybe got 1 in 10 minutes. I think getting 10-15 82's took about an hour. Having other Sharens there helped speed things up plus this the nerfs to the outpost and void fusion bosses which helped out a lot. That is an annoying boss to fight with its damn immunity balls floating up into the cave ceiling and teleporting all over.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The devs said they are looking at ways of improving the battle pass for the next season. Also, they said they noticed that their challenges were too challenging for the majority of players. They do not believe the majority will complete the challenges so they are also looking to tune them down next season.

I mean... its not that they're too "hard" its just.. they take so much fucking time to do. In the back of my head, I know Nexon has had their hand in the pot trying to get people to pay for skips - but this is just outright absurd for most people. More than half of them you cant do until you complete the campaign, and without a constant carry - you just end up at points where you have to farm endo long enough to max out a mod. Never mind the Collosi, where I would be the only fucking person that didnt go down the entire fight. My eyes fucking twitch when I see someone load into a fucking intercept battle with Bunny. Like.. I know she can fucking do it. But I'm well aware that if theyre doing fucking normal, they probably arent kitted out. Never mind the people that dont fucking get the basic suggested resistances, or swap in the correct damage type on their weapons.

There is just too many times on the way up in this game where you have to depend on fucking terrible people. Thank fucking God I picked Lepic on a whim when I first installed this game.

As for my thoughts on the campaign? White-Night's main dungeon? Thats the fucking bee's knee's of the entire game in my opinion. The last fight for the campaign in the fortress was a fucking lame duck on normal. But fucking hell - the equipment and module levels I had, in conjunction with group members where we all friend requested each other - just a fantastic fucking fight. Hard in all the right ways. Still hate the balls, but that fight was still a stellar representation of what this game can do. The atmosphere of "ALIENS" and shit was great, too. Even though the story was on some other shit.

Now that Im done with the campaign, weeks behind you guys I know.. I guess I just need to finish the battle pass the best I can in the next two weeks. Have they defined whats changing with the season yet? Just introducing a new champion? Are any champions going on the back burner, ala Warframe?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean... its not that they're too "hard" its just.. they take so much fucking time to do. In the back of my head, I know Nexon has had their hand in the pot trying to get people to pay for skips - but this is just outright absurd for most people. More than half of them you cant do until you complete the campaign, and without a constant carry - you just end up at points where you have to farm endo long enough to max out a mod. Never mind the Collosi, where I would be the only fucking person that didnt go down the entire fight. My eyes fucking twitch when I see someone load into a fucking intercept battle with Bunny. Like.. I know she can fucking do it. But I'm well aware that if theyre doing fucking normal, they probably arent kitted out. Never mind the people that dont fucking get the basic suggested resistances, or swap in the correct damage type on their weapons.

There is just too many times on the way up in this game where you have to depend on fucking terrible people. Thank fucking God I picked Lepic on a whim when I first installed this game.

As for my thoughts on the campaign? White-Night's main dungeon? Thats the fucking bee's knee's of the entire game in my opinion. The last fight for the campaign in the fortress was a fucking lame duck on normal. But fucking hell - the equipment and module levels I had, in conjunction with group members where we all friend requested each other - just a fantastic fucking fight. Hard in all the right ways. Still hate the balls, but that fight was still a stellar representation of what this game can do. The atmosphere of "ALIENS" and shit was great, too. Even though the story was on some other shit.

Now that Im done with the campaign, weeks behind you guys I know.. I guess I just need to finish the battle pass the best I can in the next two weeks. Have they defined whats changing with the season yet? Just introducing a new champion? Are any champions going on the back burner, ala Warframe?
We'll see some Season 1 stuff on the 23rd at Gamescom and more leasing up to Sept.

There is a roadmap showing Season 1 will have an Ult and new character plus a new "mega" dungeon and more.

• 1Like

Vorph

Mega dungeon is season 2 (December) unfortunately.

1723814181504.png

The released a teaser video today for season 1 and it looks like Freyna is the next ultimate.
1723814329221.png

Also, the new descendant is Hailey:
1723815179404.png

Not sure why they posted that "Guess who?" image in the patch notes, since this is an entirely new character?

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mega dungeon is season 2 (December) unfortunately.

View attachment 541779

The released a teaser video today for season 1 and it looks like Freyna is the next ultimate.
View attachment 541780
Also, the new descendant is Hailey:
View attachment 541782
Not sure why they posted that "Guess who?" image in the patch notes, since this is an entirely new character?
Freyna could be so good if she had better modifiers for her skill power output. Everything just seems super weak in her kit. So hopefully the Ultimate version will bring to the table what shes been missing.

I know it would be a waste of time since shit hits so hard in Hard mode, but I’d love to just try beefing her up to see if you could turn her #2 ability into a thorns build.

Vorph

Freyna could be so good if she had better modifiers for her skill power output. Everything just seems super weak in her kit. So hopefully the Ultimate version will bring to the table what shes been missing.

I know it would be a waste of time since shit hits so hard in Hard mode, but I’d love to just try beefing her up to see if you could turn her #2 ability into a thorns build.
I'd expect a buff to her skills or at least an ultimate-only transcendent module that is extremely OP. Those Ultimate bundles aren't going to sell themselves.

• 1Like

Vorph

Full Season 1 trailer:

Still looks like there's a good chance that Freyna is the ultimate, and I would guess that she's also getting the new descendant story since the clip of her looks like it's from a cutscene that would be part of it.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Full Season 1 trailer:

Still looks like there's a good chance that Freyna is the ultimate, and I would guess that she's also getting the new descendant story since the clip of her looks like it's from a cutscene that would be part of it.

That ass shot at the beginning was a nice touch, lol. New character seems to be Chill with a rail gun as a unique wpn.

I'm 100% sure it's Ultimate Freyna we see in the cutscene clip and at the end fighting the new Colossus.

I think I saw 2-3 new weapons as well. The little mini-game type encounter looks awful, hopefully it's not tedious.

• 1Worf