The First Descendant

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wait, so when is Season 1 now that Im checking back on the thread? I'm more like Brahma Brahma - in that I aint farming shit I have no desire to use.
6 hour patch overnight then it launches at 7AM EDT tomorrow.
They also mentioned that S1 will have XP events.... and that they are looking at making leveling up more efficient.

I take all info they've posted recently about changing slots with a huge grain of salt. I'll just wait to see how it actually works ingame. I have enough catalysts saved up now to tweak Lepic / Viessa to have them as I want them.
After rereading that a few times I think it is still going to require 1 catalyst per type, per slot -- so for my Thunder Cage I want 1 slot which can take A/C/R/X for elemental mods and another that's C/M to swap between mag size and Mental Focus for Gley. I think all they're saying in the answer to that question is that once you've added all those extra types to the sockets you can change them at will on the loadout pages... but it's still going to cost 4 more catalysts to do the initial setup.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I figure a slot can have each type assigned too it, and you'll change its type at will via some drop down list afterwards. I hope the XP boosts in S1 they mention will be significant, and the later adjustment to efficiency is meaningful.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Min maxers will shudder at the thought of having to use 40 catalysts per gun to reach peak. I think one unlock per slot for 10 per gun would still be more than enough grind for the normal person. Guess we'll have to see how toxic Nexon is, but we probably already know.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Battle Nun outfit, lol. No skirt or pants.

Looks like Male characters are getting some cosmetic love with this patch, several new outfits.

Socket changes look to be how we thought they would work. Still need a catalyst for each change, but you really shouldn't need to make drastic changes. Weapons could still need more though.

Added in some XP improvements, though we'll have to see how much that actually helps.

The grind for Hailey seems pretty harsh, unless the amount of "pieces" you can get outside the Invasion missions is good. Her skill set looks underwhelming on paper, so I hope her #1 can be buffed for good dmg and very low cooldown. Her #4 will be similar to Lepics, I imagine. The #2 / #3 are possibly very meh.

Pretty good patch though, tbh.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These Invasions are total ass, lol. Zero reason to do them, imo, unless you're a masochist and want to farm Hailey. The Season perks stuff is...why bother?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
The new quests also put an NPC in Albion that tanks performance, for me at least. FPS went from 100+ to 30s with dips into the single digits as soon as he shows up.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, if what I'm seeing is correct, we have to finish the Invasion story quest chain (min 3 days) to be able to gain Inversion Points via open world kills/mission. Some people are saying we can do 4 Dungeons / day (for quest), but haven't done that myself yet.

Vorph

It's cool that you can go back to the default socket type if you changed it pre-patch, but it kind of sucks that you can't switch a socket that comes with a type to blank if you want to. Grinding out weapon socket types is going to be a massive slog especially if you want the option for all four elements. They said the changes were to increase build variety but all I see it doing is make me focus 100% on Thunder Cage and Enduring Legacy. EL never needs any element besides fire, so all I really need to do to it is add an M type to the socket that holds SPS now, so that I can switch to Mental Focus instead when needed. If they really wanted build variety they'd change the retarded capacity cost of 16 on practically every good module.

Speaking of Catalysts, anyone know what this mail is referring to?
1724944303165.png

Reward was two catalyst BPs and 2M gold. Not sure what the 'event task' I supposedly completed was though.

Season Pass is just as bad as the last one. A couple cosmetics that aren't bad, some 24h boosts, 300 of the 500 caliber refunded, and a whole shitload of cosmetics for blue/purple guns that no one ever uses. Excava seems very mid, but you're only getting 2/4 upgrades to the unique if you don't buy premium.

This line in the patch notes is sounding really, really bad too:
1724944667687.png

I haven't tried them yet, but it sure sounds like XP farm nerfed along with the best void frag farms for organic and polymer.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
dang, was hoping to come back for a bit of fun but reading this, not worth it at all.

Vorph

Her skill set looks underwhelming on paper, so I hope her #1 can be buffed for good dmg and very low cooldown. Her #4 will be similar to Lepics, I imagine. The #2 / #3 are possibly very meh.
She sounds Lepic-tier broken for colossus fights, and that's with no transcendent modules at all yet.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, no need to do the Invasion Dungeons if you don't want too, so far at least. Each zone has a set of 10 Objectives you can do which give 450 points each.

Vorph

To answer my own question about the 'daily task' mails, there's nothing that you can track in game but you can see the info on the event here: https://tfd.nexon.com/en/news/2631846

Pretty decent rewards actually... 3 catalyst BPs, 6M + 1M/day gold, 100k kuiper and a handful of resources per day, and a 3 day XP boost + 5h more per day.

Vorph

Hailey is going to be a real pain in the ass to farm. You get 3x one component per gold completion, so 12/day total. In order to craft her you need 36 of each component, which means a bare minimum of 12 days doing invasions. That would require getting a perfectly equal amount of all 4 components though, and you know that ain't gonna happen. Realistically it will take 2.5-3 weeks of doing all 4 invasions every day. Which you'll likely do anyway if you're playing daily, since it's also 1.25M gold per invasion, but still... that much of a time-gate on crafting Hailey herself is just retarded.

Apparently you can also get some components to drop from "mission monsters" (this almost always means the boss) in certain dungeons too. No idea what the drop rate is like though. Not 100% to get even just one of them, that's for sure. I just tried a Shelter run and got nothing.

Edit: On the plus side--getting gold times on invasions is super easy so far. I've had over a minute left with each completion using Bunny as always. It's going to suck when a -87% electric skill power one rolls around though, that's for sure. Also, gold boosters work on the 1.25M gold reward at the end of each one, so that's kind of nice.

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
My guess is Hailey is stupid hard to force more sales for a few weeks then they will make it somewhat easier in a patch

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I thought the cap 3 pads while keeping mobs from taking them back was bad, then I finally tried the other mode. Once I realized I had to do it multiple times per door I noped out of the mission. EQ was the first and last game I'll ever play where I let it become like a job. That shit it not anything resembling fun and I'd rather grind shitloads of low chance AMs instead of that crap.

Not going to even try to get Hailey unless they completely rework this from the ground up. They should fire whoever approved it to boot.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just bought Hailey. The pad mechanic wasn't bad, but the pillar one seems buggy. You see a symbol on a slot, then find the drone that has the matching symbol/slot and it works, but not always.

As for the 10 map objectives, each has one where you need to kill 75 Champions. While doing the barrier mission in Fortress for Missions, Commanders and Elites... nothing I killed ever ticked that objective. When I ran 5 of the dungeons in Fortress, it gave me a total of 3. =/ Think I'll ignore that one for now.

Hailey is alright. Her #1 is pretty useless, so I guess it will only ever be used to place a debuff on a mob. Her #2 is way too slow to activate, and the animation is bad. Hits hard though. The #3 is simply a buff to use before using her #4 to nuke from long range.

The Season perks are really bad. Why do they have negatives attached them at all? I was thinking that they would be useful to empower players for the pinnacle difficulty coming later, buuuut I doubt I'll use them.

The Reactor / Component filter seems to be trash.