The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I started my post season dick waving as soon as the Chargers season ended in week 17!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dallas dick waver here
Just because you gave the man a handy once doesn't make you a waver.

ddp.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AZETH WROTE A BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazon.com: A Gronking to Remember (Rob Gronkowski Erotica Series) (Volume 1) (9781505857665): Lacey Noonan: Books
A Gronking to Remember.png.CROP.promovar-medium2.png

Leigh has a serious problem. And it's driving a "spike" between her and her husband Dan. When Leigh wanders into the room where her husband and his friends are watching a football game, her life changes forever, because at that exact moment, NFL's one-man wrecking ball, Rob Gronkowski of the New England Patriots, scores a touchdown and does his patented "Gronk Spike"-his notorious monster smashing of a football. When the ball shoots into the stratosphere, Leigh's heart goes apitter-patter and she becomes seriously turned on. Now normally-sheepish Leigh can't stop thinking about it. She'd never given a second thought to football, but now the primal power of the Gronk Spike, and this raw monster of a man, Rob Gronkowski, is all that she wants, and she'll stop at nothing until the romance of a lifetime is hers! Find out the lengths people will go to fulfill their fantasies in this super-sexy, sex-filled story of wanton lust with a super-sexy, sex-filled happy ending. If you read one book about Rob Gronkowski this year, make it "Growing Up Gronk." But if you read two books about Rob Gronkowski this year, make the second one "A Gronking to Remember!" Warning: Contains some sexually graphic scenes as well as the misuse of American footballs that will leave you wet, hard and everything in between. Sports!

Here's some of itas read by Gilbert Gottfried.

I couldn't decide which Cowboys thread to post this in, but this one is the most active now and I crave attention so it won.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Uhm, Leveon Bell > DMM and Lynch.

Also, if you think Romo is a shitty QB you're an idiot. And I hate him more than anyone (Michael Boley planting him and breaking his ribs is one of my favorite moments ever).

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't think anyone thinks he is a shitty QB, just that (in past seasons at least) he makes suspect decisions at crucial moments. And has insanely poor luck in the clutch situations. This year does appear different, though.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Russ has to be included. He's not a RB(Obviously), but 850 yards and more 3rd down conversions than anyone else on the ground(I think, might have gotten passed up the last couple weeks) is silly. If you really want to argue JUST traditional RB game then yeah Dallas has to go 1.

Jets might be #2 by that metric, which is crazy.
Russel's running has to be included if you're talking about overall effectiveness of the offense. But in this case I think they were talking about the run game as it pertains to cold weather. Whatever portion of his yardage was on called run plays would count in that discussion, but when it happens on a busted pass play, it's different.

There is no doubt at all this is the best run game Romo has ever seen during his time at Dallas. Murray is really good, and that O-Line is just incredible. I'll freely give you those.
I haven't said this out loud for a while, but I've been saying ever since the first year romo started that he reminded me of Elway. I always like watching him play even though I didn't give a rat's hymen about the broncos. What happened to Elway once Terrel Davis showed up?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Cowboys have a guy on their team who grew up in Canada (Tyrone Crawford) and even he says it sucks.
I thought it was 2 canadians. Maybe 3, I'm not sure if they're counting the deep snapper JP Ladeoucer. He's so fucking canadian, I can't even pronounce his name. Plus a few from the far north US. Heck, isn't Romo from wisconsin? He grew up idolizing farve for some reason.

But the differences come in whether you practice in the cold to get used to it, and if your equipment managers are ready for it. Theoretically, the packers should have had more opportunity to do that.

I planned my post season dick-waving before the season started. Cowboys 4 lyf.
I picked them to go 16-0. No matter what, this season will be a disappointment to me.

But hey, at least we definitely won't be going 18-1 (including the post season). That would sting for years to come.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't think anyone thinks he is a shitty QB, just that (in past seasons at least) he makes suspect decisions at crucial moments. And has insanely poor luck in the clutch situations. This year does appear different, though.
That's pretty far from true. He has more late game winning drives than any other qb since he's been in the league. People just ignore it and point to the 1 or two times a year he throws a late int and go "every time, lol"

Brady on cold weather: | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

18 degrees in Foxborough Saturday:

Q. What?s your routine for getting dressed for the extreme cold?

TB: (Speaking through a black, polyester headwarmer that covers everything but his nose and eyes) I know exactly what to wear. I know how many layers to wear every degree. I?m a (bleeping) machine, man, I?m a (bleeping) machine! C?mon baby!

moontayle

Golden Squire
Per Schefter:

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers' calf muscle has a slight tear in it in addition to be significantly strained, per sources, via @mortreport and I.

The injury is not expected to prevent Rodgers from playing in Sunday's Divisional Playoff against the Dallas Cowboys, but it could impact how mobile and effective he is.

"There's no question he will play, but there's also no question he will not be 100 percent," said one doctor familiar with the injury. "The question is whether he'll be 95 percent or 50 percent."

The Packers are aggressively treating the injury, with the hope he can be as well as possible. Each person responds differently to calf injuries.

Green Bay held Rodgers out of practice on Wednesday and how active he is the rest of the week still is uncertain. He is scheduled to go through team drills today.

What's not uncertain is that Rodgers' calf is not right heading into Sunday's game, and now he will try to overcome it, just as he did in the regular-season finale to help beat Detroit.
Now, it's still Aaron Rodgers but if I were a GB fan I would be a tad worried. Just like Romo, part of how dangerous he is is dependent on his ability to move around and his 200+ yards running and 2 TDs is a testament to how dangerous he is on the move. That means they have to rely on the run as much as possible, but down the stretch the Cowboys were pretty damn good in the regard, only giving up ~65 yds a game and even holding Indy to 1 yard on the ground. No, Indy isn't a rushing stalwart but even bad teams at the run can usually get at least 50, and they couldn't even manage 10. So this is going to be an interesting game. Even a mostly stationary Rodgers is dangerous, but he may not be able to extend plays very well if the coverage is there. Not sure how effective they are at play-action out of shotgun.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Per Schefter:

Now, it's still Aaron Rodgers but if I were a GB fan I would be a tad worried. Just like Romo, part of how dangerous he is is dependent on his ability to move around and his 200+ yards running and 2 TDs is a testament to how dangerous he is on the move. That means they have to rely on the run as much as possible, but down the stretch the Cowboys were pretty damn good in the regard, only giving up ~65 yds a game and even holding Indy to 1 yard on the ground. No, Indy isn't a rushing stalwart but even bad teams at the run can usually get at least 50, and they couldn't even manage 10. So this is going to be an interesting game. Even a mostly stationary Rodgers is dangerous, but he may not be able to extend plays very well if the coverage is there. Not sure how effective they are at play-action out of shotgun.
It's time for Eddie Lacey to shine.