The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There is always a worry with Rogers. When they brought him in one of the main concerns was that he had a bit of a rep for having a glass jaw when he was a Cal Bear. I am not too worried about his mobility being impeded this week or next, as both of those games would/will come down to his ability to read blitzes and our O-Line is doing its best work in three years. I would be concerned about it in a hypothetical SB against New England, because you need longer than 3-4 seconds to beat the NE coverage and most of the damage we did in that game came on rollouts. The biggest impact I see his injury having is in him holding the ball too long, like he did when he was hurt the last time. That and a complete inability to audible in a hypothetical Seattle game are why I think the Cowboys have the better shot of getting past the Hawks. Rogers does most of his damage before the ball is ever snapped.

As for Romo, my opinion on him is tempered not by the muffed snap, but by how he treated the playoffs in the following season. When you choking is the freshest thing in everyone's mind, taking the bye week off to go bang Jessica Simpson in a very public vacation sends the wrong message about your focus and dedication. That choice on his part is what put him up there with Cutler in my mind because, god help me, I actually wanted to see the Cowboys to win it that year (And I felt they should have) but they got too high off of the smell of their own farts and lost focus. He was the team leader and he needed to set the tone, but he didn't. Say what you want about Tom Brady, but that dude waits until after the SB to go to Tahiti to bang supermodels.

But, again, I do think this year is different and I think part of that is showing guts and playing through some severe injuries the last couple years, which completely sets him apart from people like Cutler or Orton. Showing your team mates that you are tough and there for more than to collect a pay check seriously impacts the effort you get from your team. This year he has that, I think. But until he at least plays in a SB, he is always going to be identified with that muffed snap, blowing the huge lead to a Matt Flynn led packer team, and the desperation pick sixes that happened in the wake of his first couple seasons. If he manages to get a ring on his finger, I am pretty sure everyone outside of Detroit will respect him accordingly.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Everyone knew Rogers was going to be injured for this game. The type of injury he had the type 2 means it is a tear. Should make it easier for Dallas but its not like they have a fantastic pass rush.

moontayle

Golden Squire
In retrospect, that entire Wade Phillips era is just wasted potential. Killed the prime years of Ware's career at a minimum but the team is certainly still feeling some of the effects of bad contracts given out during that period. He (Wade) never held anyone accountable, wanted guys to do that themselves, but only to themselves. I read a story about how he yelled at someone for calling out a guy on a mistake he made, said that wasn't how he wanted things handled. Most players will admit that 2009 run was a bit of a fluke and the start to 2010 (1-7) proved it.

I've felt for a while that Garrett was probably the right guy for the job... as long as he didn't have to worry about calling plays. He certainly said the right things, I just questioned if Jerry would buy in as much as he needed to. This year's draft made me believe. Jerry really wanted Manziel, but he listened to the room and made the right call. And now they have an All-Pro Rookie Right Guard.

I really want them to continue to win but even if they lose this weekend, as long as it's not a blowout, this season was a huge success and the payoff for JG's approach is apparent.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Everyone knew Rogers was going to be injured for this game. The type of injury he had the type 2 means it is a tear. Should make it easier for Dallas but its not like they have a fantastic pass rush.
That pass rush is better than you think, they have a tendency to put a lot of pressure on a QB and not get sacks. That isn't good news for a QB who can't run.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
We will see I guess. I think the game slightly favors Dallas.

I also think this is Brady's best last chance to win a Superbowl. This is the best team they have had in years.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

I also think this is Brady's best last chance to win a Superbowl. This is the best team they have had in years.
The pass rush does a goo job of applying pressure and with Rodgers being gimpy those pressures could change to sacks is all I was trying to get at.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm

Is a bum Rodgers calf worth a touchdown in green bay? Home field there is nasty. You usually got to spot the pack a td in GB in shit weather.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I don't think the pass rush is going to get to Rogers much if at all.

moontayle

Golden Squire
They do a lot of rotating, and lately it's been paying off really well in the second half of games. That won't help them if they get down early but if Rodgers is a statue, as the game gets on I think they'll get home a few times.

At any rate, should be a good game.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Only $20 at Lambeau this sunday. Worth a try?

rrr_img_87513.jpg

rrr_img_87514.jpg

? "Big Mother" pretzel bun
? 1/2 pound of ground venison
? 1/2 pound of ground bacon
? 1/2 pound of certified Angus beef
? Crispy fried onions
? Jalape?o smoked bacon
? Lettuce (and you thought this wasn't healthy)
? Tomato (six slices)
? Pickles
? Secret sauce
? Housemade jalape?o cheese

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Only $20 at Lambeau this sunday. Worth a try?

rrr_img_87513.jpg

rrr_img_87514.jpg

? "Big Mother" pretzel bun
? 1/2 pound of ground venison
? 1/2 pound of ground bacon
? 1/2 pound of certified Angus beef
? Crispy fried onions
? Jalape?o smoked bacon
? Lettuce (and you thought this wasn't healthy)
? Tomato (six slices)
? Pickles
? Secret sauce
? Housemade jalape?o cheese
Look dude, you will regret it if you dont. So why not? Never pass up a strange eating experience

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I could probable handle 3-4 big bites of that before I was full but I know they would be glorious, do it