The Night Of

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I powered through episodes 1-5 this week and I am surprised that people here don't like it. I had no problem at all with the pacing but maybe it's better if you don't have to wait a week between episodes. I love Turturro's character and while I found Naz's being a hard-ass in prison a bit far fetched, I think after this episode it's pretty clear that they are showing us that the assumptions we made about him in the early episodes may have been incorrect.

I have enjoyed the show, but I imagine I would've enjoyed it quite a bit more if I binged all the episodes in a setting or two. Still thinking we are going to get a very solid, detective-type payoff as to who the killer was.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Show's all around terrible. Don't even care of her killed her or not.

I'm more interested in the side story with the lawyers feet at this point and that has to be the worst side story in TV history.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I like the show, but I am way more interested than I should be in his foot condition.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The Naz being stupid stuff seems so ridiculous because of how short the show is. The commentary of how everything is stacked against him, someone we're pretty sure is innocent, and how prison can make criminals out of normal people

It's a really interesting and frustrating look at the system. Naz is so dumb that it's frustrating and his lawyers going all PI and chase people down dark hallways shit can be a bit much and is when it really feels like a wire-esque show. It's trying to deliver its message while remain entertaining enough to get viewership and it's a tough place to be I guess. It's still the second best show I've seen this year though.

I think an issue with the following episodes for some people has to be that the first one was so damn good and tense. It felt like a movie and felt like it was diving into whodunit territory and then went right after the system instead. Reminds me a bit of the situation in Serial, only now with a retarded suspect
This is pretty spot on for me. The acting in the show is great. I don't hate watching it. I think overall it's pretty dull though and that isn't at all what I was expecting after the pilot.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
If the show actually proves that he did it, I'll just laugh. So he managed to stab her 29384 times with blood spraying all over the fucking place, but he wakes up without a drop of blood on him?

He didn't do it, c'mon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you want to rap about the news he should at least do it right.

Such an awesome song, the lyrics were perfect back in 2006.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Turturro's easily the best thing about this show. Saving hookers for sex while having nasty feet. How much of a dick move was it to sit in the exema help group with his shoes on? LOL

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Everything about the court + investigation is what I enjoy about this show. Turt's and his feet and his kid and his cat can all fuck off.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Well his feet were cured so i guess we lose a valuable poster in this thread. But yeah show is fantastic and this made me go watch Making a Murderer and god damn what a crazy ride that was.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked last night's episode. I still think the show is setting you up to think that Nas didn't do it when perhaps he really did, the step-father may just be a red herring. Out of everyone I think I feel bad for his father the most and I can imagine it's like that in reality for many parents of kids of are accused of murder (losing everything).

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Nas is staying in jail bro, guilty or not as Omar Little needs his sidekick. Series over.

Didn't you see a girl was murdered same as Andrea at the start of last nights episode? Then the rest of the episode seems to show Box just brooding. My guess is Box tells the DA Nas is not the killer as the person that did kill him is on the loose and killing still

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Is there really only 1 episode left? How's that going to work out?

Naz is convicted. The audience is left thinking he probably didn't do it, maybe he did, but either way he's gone bad enough now so fuck it and let him do the time.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Didn't you see a girl was murdered same as Andrea at the start of last nights episode? Then the rest of the episode seems to show Box just brooding. My guess is Box tells the DA Nas is not the killer as the person that did kill him is on the loose and killing still

I took that to mean that no one gave a shit because she was black and it happened in a bad neighborhood. Not necessarily there was a stabby serial killer loose

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I took that to mean that no one gave a shit because she was black and it happened in a bad neighborhood. Not necessarily there was a stabby serial killer loose

They were crossing the images of her with the ones of Andrea at the trial at the same time. I would have to rewatch but I'm almost positive one of the cops on scene said to Box it looks the same as well