The Night Of

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
a_skeleton_06 is right. It was just a random one liner to throw in some racial commentary. I suppose the other train of thought is possible, but I can't imagine it's likely.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well at the end of the day there were a few very good episodes and a whole lot of hot garbage otherwise.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Not bad, changed from the BBC version but otherwise good story. Think most of you miss the point of this series or you didnt and still found it boring. But not many people get a glimpse into the workings of the Criminal Justice system and how fucked it is, i mean its not a documentary by any means but gives some good insight into it. Although really wanted a different show, cause that 1st episode was great and thought it would be more of that, ah well was something to watch and was a solid 7 out of 10. Give it a 7 cause i feel like i was raped cause that 1st episode was like the tip and it felt great but then as it went deeper in i kinda didnt want it but took it anyways and then called rape and thats why it loses 3 points. Best analogy i can come up =).

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think most of us got it by the third episode that it was more about the system, and not so much about whodunit. Too many face palm moments for me. Nazs' lawyer just took the cake in this last episode.

Overall I enjoyed it, but it felt rushed by the end, and think it suffered for that reason.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think anyone on this board had any issues realizing this was a look at the "system" it was obvious from episode 3.

I enjoyed it. Did it live up to the hype I had for it after episode 1? Not even close. 7/10.

I can live with the feel good ending, mainly due to the way the show progressed, they really couldn't have done much more towards the end. Maybe besides beat us to death with the "system is evil" theme. Glad we got a little detective work in there at the end with Box going after the CPA, although it is somewhat difficult for me to believe they wouldn't have traced her steps as far back as they could before Box having his forced epiphany.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I don't think anyone on this board had any issues realizing this was a look at the "system" it was obvious from episode 3.

I enjoyed it. Did it live up to the hype I had for it after episode 1? Not even close. 7/10.

I can live with the feel good ending, mainly due to the way the show progressed, they really couldn't have done much more towards the end. Maybe besides beat us to death with the "system is evil" theme. Glad we got a little detective work in there at the end with Box going after the CPA, although it is somewhat difficult for me to believe they wouldn't have traced her steps as far back as they could before Box having his forced epiphany.

Lol what? Feel good ending? What show were you watching? No one had a happy ending.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea I got what the show was about. I almost wish they hadn't gone down the road of Box investigating that other guy, it would of been better just leaving it as a mistrial and never fully answering whether he did it or not (although it probably still is up in the air). The moral of the story is how one mistake by a seemingly innocent kid blew up to affect multiple people in the end and not in a good way. I'm glad his female lawyer got shafted in the ended, she was an idiot and got what was coming.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I thought it was pretty good, at minimum got to see more Westworld footage :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
All i know is that I came in my pants when a package of H was dug out of a snatch and then shoved into an ass. Truly world class people.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I took that to mean that no one gave a shit because she was black and it happened in a bad neighborhood. Not necessarily there was a stabby serial killer loose

Can't believe some people never made the connection - good job none of you are in law enforcement!

And the direction the show took was fine. I'd have hated it if it was just him and the lawyers trying to prove he didn't do it

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Echoing here the sentiments about Ep 1. Felt like I was fished in for a very scaled back take on The Wire with Omar thrown in to give it some nostalgic atmosphere. A one off demonstrating the failures of a system in which everyone is just doing their job combined with a crying out for the silent victims of of eczema.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This might be the first TV show I ever watched where I didn't feel like any of the characters were a main character. Even Naz didn't feel like a main character to me by the end of the show.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It was a 6/10 for me. Not sorry I watched it, wouldn't really recommend it to anyone, wouldn't watch it again.

• 1Like

khalid

Unelected Mod
If you are going to make a show to demonstrate how the system screws someone over, it needs to have a protagonist that makes normal decisions or at least just mildly stupid decisions. I could give a fuck if someone as dumb as a Walking Dead character gets fucked over. If we required our justice system to work perfectly even when dealing with people that fucking stupid, it would grind to a halt.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7/10, all about John Turturro for me. Dude is just a great character actor. Agreed though that it didn't seem like there was a main character.

I felt like it could have been a lot better but there were some pretty good episodes.

• 1Like