The Stock Trading and Shitposting thread.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
What's your cost basis per share?

1000010218.png

By the way, seeing as you called me out for giving bad financial advice and ruining lives. I trust you'll do the honourable thing and fall on your sword over your Nvidia prediction?

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I forgot to update!

• i closed the Netflix spread at full profit! Almost 22% for 2ish weeks. I’ll post screenshot once I am back at the PC
  • RKLB is still up, but down from the 40% gains to 25%. This is where I struggle with reading strategy and having a “plan”. My “plan” with this particular position is a long term max run, this is not a day trade. But I do feel like I could have done a better job of monitoring and reading the ebb and flow here to have chased out at 40% and buy my long back in now at the current. I’m not losing sleep over it, but it is something I wish I were better at.

of course I can offer flip side stories where I was up over 20% on a long and thought “this has legs” only to close it as a 10% loss. It’s something mental I have not learned to control with this particular type of trade(options 6+ months out). Short term I am much better disciplined, I either setup a close on either side the same day I place trade or once I hit target setup a market trail(doesn’t always have to be market but %’s on options don’t always work well depending on liquidity and spread).

I really need to figure out how to handle the far out long positions better.

ahh, last point is that I plan to enter 1-3 new trades next week as all my positions closed. I’ll continue to post them if people want.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Passed my first combine on Topstep, took me 2 tries, excited to trade on the funded account. Averaged around $600/day trading NQ on a 50k account, hopefully I can carry that over to the real one.

NQ is just so much better than ES for scalping. You can get in and out in 10 seconds and make $100, just have to be quick.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
An update:

• Still holding RKLB long and still up 30% overall, which is down from the high of 40% but no reason to think this won't hold or grow. I don't really have a planned exit strategy for this trade which is terrible. I've decided to at least wait until earnings at this point and reassess
  • I took a long position in HOG, if it stays above the 100DMA and breaks through resistance I'll put a trailing stop on it or be looking to ride it out(no pun intended). If it struggles at the resistance level I will let go for the 5-10% current gain

I do think HOG has some possibility to go back into the 40's again which could turn a decent profit on this one.

Hog.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
An update:

• Still holding RKLB long and still up 30% overall, which is down from the high of 40% but no reason to think this won't hold or grow. I don't really have a planned exit strategy for this trade which is terrible. I've decided to at least wait until earnings at this point and reassess
  • I took a long position in HOG, if it stays above the 100DMA and breaks through resistance I'll put a trailing stop on it or be looking to ride it out(no pun intended). If it struggles at the resistance level I will let go for the 5-10% current gain

I do think HOG has some possibility to go back into the 40's again which could turn a decent profit on this one.

View attachment 538865
Wow, I really like what you have going on there with RKLB, Pal.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow, I really like what you have going on there with RKLB, Pal.

‘lol, don’t know you well enough to sense if sarcasm.
but one could argue the right move was to sell when I was 40% up and move on to different pastures. sure, I may hold for 3 more months and post again that I’m at 50%! But really I just made 10% more than my high by holding for 90 days. Not a good trade even by my little metrics.

this is probably a textbook example of being too involved, at least for myself. If this were an unknown ticker I would be out already but because I believe in the company and want it to succeed I held hoping for the moon. Let’s see if I eat crow in 3 more months.

in other news though, that hog trade had an amazing day and I’m already up 27% in a day. I will sell or hold tomorrow based on pre/early market movement. If it can run back into its low 40’s range I’ll hold, if resistance shuts it down I’ll exit. Either way I am happy with this choice and now I’ll move to research the next!!

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, the HOG worked out well and I paper handed the shit out of it :) 40% gain in a day.

I'll let you know what I find next :)

hog-sell.png

• 3Tendies
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Bought the NVDA dip yesterday, 600 shares.

Flipped it for a few shekels this morning

1722433457736.png

• 3Tendies
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Closed out July with a +$6900 gain, despite many many absolutely insane red days in 2nd half of July. Pretty good for a side hobby.

1722445723778.png

• 3Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
1722452334595.png

I've sold my holdings in Trinseo but will buy back in when it dips again to $2.80. I expect it to drop under £

- I started writing this earlier but got interrupted.

it dropped back to $2.90 if it drops lower than I'll buy back in. I expect it to be back over $3 after earnings next week if not before

Edit: bought in today at $2.84

Last edited:

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
please tell me if these posts are annoying. I put them here instead of normal investing thread because that one seems more philosophical, general market trends, big movers, etc

Anyway, two notes:

• While I have still have faith in the RKLB position, it's right back to breakeven(up 3% or so /sadpanda). Should have sold at 30%+ and rebought if I liked it that much. This is the 4th or 5th time I have not listened to my own internal rules and suffered. I only seem to do it on these long(3 month out) calls because I keep thinking time is on my side....until it's not. Until I get better disciplined I may avoid them
  • Took a new LLY position, hoping for a moderately quick 15%ish but if it's moving strong in my favor I will let it run for the entire thing. It is a bit risky with the LLY ATR, but it EDIT(is going into) earnings, has a support line around the strike, and 100DMA that it is looking like it's holding
    • Bet is around 15k risk for those not familiar with spreads, max gain is about 3k, I'd take 1.5k

lly.png

Last edited:

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
View attachment 539148

I've sold my holdings in Trinseo but will buy back in when it dips again to $2.80. I expect it to drop under £

- I started writing this earlier but got interrupted.

it dropped back to $2.90 if it drops lower than I'll buy back in. I expect it to be back over $3 after earnings next week if not before

Edit: bought in today at $2.84

I don't know much about Trinseo but one thing I fell for a few times was dipping into the same penny stock well too many times. I did 5 successful swings in a row, then it bombed and I held the bags like a moron with no stop loss for about 9 months. It finally went back up and I got out and never looked back.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
please tell me if these posts are annoying. I put them here instead of normal investing thread because that one seems more philosophical, general market trends, big movers, etc

Anyway, two notes:

• While I have still have faith in the RKLB position, it's right back to breakeven(up 3% or so /sadpanda). Should have sold at 30%+ and rebought if I liked it that much. This is the 4th or 5th time I have not listened to my own internal rules and suffered. I only seem to do it on these long(3 month out) calls because I keep thinking time is on my side....until it's not. Until I get better disciplined I may avoid them
  • Took a new LLY position, hoping for a moderately quick 15%ish but if it's moving strong in my favor I will let it run for the entire thing. It is a bit risky with the LLY ATR, but it just had earnings, has a support line around the strike, and 100DMA that it is looking like it's holding
    • Bet is around 15k risk for those not familiar with spreads, max gain is about 3k, I'd take 1.5k

I like them. Always interesting to see what everyone is doing.

LLY earnings dont come out for another week (8/8). Their last 4 earnings calls resulted in positive stock movement every time, but IMO buying into earnings is basically a 50/50 coin flip.

AAPL and AMZN just both beat earnings an hour ago and their stock crashed.