The Stock Trading and Shitposting thread.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like them. Always interesting to see what everyone is doing.

LLY earnings dont come out for another week (8/8). Their last 4 earnings calls resulted in positive stock movement every time, but IMO buying into earnings is basically a 50/50 coin flip.

AAPL and AMZN just both beat earnings an hour ago and their stock crashed.

agreed. I plan to exit before earnings on this and playing the volatility going into it. If the stock moves up into earnings I could close quickly for my gain. If it drifts down I’m gonna check it against those resistance lines to determine what to do.

this is one of my more risky plays but the spread was really good on it so I decided to go for it as I think the gap will narrow with another up day off the 100dma(that’s what I’m essentially betting)

Edit: ohh I see why you said that now. I typed going into earnings. Meant the exact opposite lol. I was trying to indicate I don’t expect another big jump day in positive or negative price action. So I’m playing theta eating away at it and it staying above 100dma.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I made $503 scalping AMD this morning. Then bought the NVDA dip against my better judgment but it kept dipping till 3 pm

I'm a bit underwater now but will still turn a profit by next week. Just not as much as I could have

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
I made $503 scalping AMD this morning. Then bought the NVDA dip against my better judgment but it kept dipping till 3 pm

I'm a bit underwater now but will still turn a profit by next week. Just not as much as I could have
How about that RKLB dip?

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just look at poor Rangoth Rangoth

Up 40%, now left with nothing. This is what happens when you play the gay space penny stock game

While I'd admit my failure in holding it when I could have gained 40% and re-entered at the exact same price, I still do not see RKLB as a penny stock(officially speaking it is above 5$!) and I still think I will have a long term gain on this as my call is for Jan. 2025. Like you holding the NVIDIA bag this was never meant to be a week/two trade like my others, this was always the long shot opportunity.

I will realistically look to start dumping it in November unless it has wings by then in which case trailing stop it is. The question here is more about opportunity cost and tied up capital. It was a 23k bet or so in my case and probably not money I would have put anywhere else other than more SPY so if I can beat the SPY return from the date I bought it I will be happy.

I pretty much trade in 3 bags(in relative priority):
  1. Long term safe play with money I am afraid to lose(nest egg, desire to immediate liquid, etc). I either keep this or do some type of safe roll on a major index
  2. 1-3 Long Shots, never more than 25k a piece. Usually calls, usually 6 months+ out, don't swing them. Pretty much set a reminder and check occasionally(this is RKLB)
    1. I almost never lose it all on these, my average is over 30%, but I've had a few break evens and a few -10%'s. I start looking to exit about 3 months out if i'm losing before theta really eats me
  3. My "play" money with which I actually trade. I can't watch daily and be super active so they are 1-3 week trade times on average with specific goals and exit signs(in both directions)

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
While I'd admit my failure in holding it when I could have gained 40% and re-entered at the exact same price, I still do not see RKLB as a penny stock(officially speaking it is above 5$!) and I still think I will have a long term gain on this as my call is for Jan. 2025. Like you holding the NVIDIA bag this was never meant to be a week/two trade like my others, this was always the long shot opportunity.

I will realistically look to start dumping it in November unless it has wings by then in which case trailing stop it is. The question here is more about opportunity cost and tied up capital. It was a 23k bet or so in my case and probably not money I would have put anywhere else other than more SPY so if I can beat the SPY return from the date I bought it I will be happy.

I pretty much trade in 3 bags(in relative priority):
  1. Long term safe play with money I am "afraid" to lose(nest egg, desire to immediate liquid, etc). I either keep this case or some type of safe roll on a major index
  2. 1-3 Long Shots, never more than 25k a piece. Usually calls, usually 6 months+ out, don't swing them. Pretty much set a reminder and check occasionally(this is RKLB)
  3. My "play" money with which I actually trade. I can't watch daily and be super active so they are 1-3 week trade on average with specific goals and exit signs(in both directions)

Yeah but "gay space penny stock" really rustles Foler Foler so it would help me a lot that the next time you talk about it, just call it the gay space penny stock

• 2Worf
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I hate to give away proprietary Stock Pals info but I am very bullish on NVDA. $150 by end of summer (but probably much sooner) Doesn't matter if you believe in AI hype or not, others do.

At least take some responsibility for your shitbrained advice of trying to get people to buy a stock for 4 months as it keeps losing money over and over for 4 months.

I don't normally petition for anyone to be kicked out of sections of a site but in a subforum that people take seriously, where bad financial advice can destroy lives and families, intentionally malicious financial advice would seem to justify getting your ass thrown out of here.

But that's just me.

Can you clarify what you meant by "end of summer (but probably much sooner)

Are we talking Sun 22 September 2024 - end of summer in the USA?
31st August 2024 - end of summer Russia?
28 Feb 2025 - end of summer Australia?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Doom and Gloom till the annual October low?
That's kinda where my bet is at the moment... Coasting down with intermittent plateaus until we reach a low in a couple months, and then hopefully set a base for an end of year run.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fun day, took another position M - AUG18 - 16P, about 10k

Will trailing stop this if it goes up 5% at any point next week. Earnings are right after expiration so I may even gain some volatility push before that

1722620454892.png

Chart for reference, looks like it has potential to start drifting down even without todays bear market
1722620556938.png

And just for you Araysar Araysar , my RKLB call is now down 7% lol #epicfail #lessonlearned
DiamondHands!

Last edited:

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
Fun day, took another position M - AUG18 - 16P, about 10k

Will trailing stop this if it goes up 5% at any point next week. Earnings are right after expiration so I may even gain some volatility push before that

View attachment 539446

Chart for reference, looks like it has potential to start drifting down even without todays bear market
View attachment 539448

And just for you Araysar Araysar , my RKLB call is now down 7% lol #epicfail #lessonlearned
DiamondHands!
Maybe a good time to add to your RKLB position? Silver linings and all. Prob a good time for newcomers like Araysar Araysar to jump in too..

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Maybe a good time to add to your RKLB position? Silver linings and all. Prob a good time for newcomers like Araysar Araysar to jump in too..

Heard they're changing the ticker to GSPS, can you confirm Foler Foler ?

i dont want to accidentally buy the wrong stock

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
That M position worked out! Put a trailing stop on it. Happy to get out whenever now.

m-sell.png

The LLY spread is at risk, but it also held the support+200DMA line, so that's good news. If it continues to hold it that would be a nice gain. If it doesn't I will need to cut losses later this week.

Edit: M closed out at 1.22, a solid 100%+ gain

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user