The Stock Trading and Shitposting thread.

gremlinz273

<Bronze Donator>
Does ALB have a bottom?

1000002212.jpg

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
One thing certain is when fagpox kicks up in gear, it's time to look at the SIGA stock. Thanks LGBTQP&DF for the easy $1200 today.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
ok....time to paperhands this bitch :)

I'll set an alert and when it inevitably drops back down I will take a similar position/price because as said many times in this thread, I think RKLB does have some huge long term potential growth.

1723827475213.png

On the "ELF" position I took, I shook hands with the devil but it did actually return to the support(now resistance) line of 160. I think it is technically at 158-something. So I was able to exit the spread with basically no loss. Original credit was 1.23 and think I got out at 1.20.

I got a bit lucky on this one but I am happy to report the technical lines, moving averages, BB, etc all told the truth in this case.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I lost $1375 on WMT yesterday, made $1250 on TSLA and NVDA today

• 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
but how do you do well with your primary residence? Aren't you just selling a top and buying a top? They switch to renting? And what ups and downs are we talking about, the housing market has never really gone down accept in certain markets. Calculate the cost of selling taxes and upkeep how do you make money when the best decline ever assuming perfectly timed was only 20%

Doing well in housing just seems a round about way of saying "my currency lost value"
View attachment 540755
What you're looking at there is the median sales price, thats like looking at VTI and going "how do you make money at this, it just goes up" ... I mean yes it does, but there are individual housing markets that have gone up or down much faster than the rest of the market. Buying in a super-desirable market and holding/living in it for a time and then selling, taking your profit and downsizing to a less desirable market (say you don't need premium schools anymore or you want to move to the country or whatever) then you take a bunch of profit from your house and can invest it or use it to buy your next house.

If you just go from one expensive desirable house to the next one, it would seem silly because you're paying a bunch of transaction costs but not really moving your investment much. But on the other hand, you have to live somewhere, and if you can make money on the house you're living in and then exit gracefully and either invest that profit and rent or downsize/down market then you can walk away with a nice bundle of cash.

I think a valid question is, if you had just invested all that money in the first place and never bought the house, would you have done better? And that is really a valid question, but you have to live somewhere.

• 1Slow

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I think a valid question is, if you had just invested all that money in the first place and never bought the house, would you have done better? And that is really a valid question, but you have to live somewhere.

That's why I'm unloading my rental property and using the proceeds to bankroll my trading accounts

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
taking it bigly in the bum on this Gay Monkeypox Penny Stock (GMPS)

1724084368631.png

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea, that GOVX was a massive jump from penny stock status. Risky move, but I guess you knew that. I would cut the losses on that one.

I took 2 new positions, one "low" risk spread on PDD, goal is for it to stay below 160. While it does have some upward momentum, it is approaching overbought and outside top BB. It would need a full 2.3 ATR move upward to start causing a loss
It's a 25k bet for potential 6-7k return.
pdd-spread.png

pdd-chart.png

The other more "high" risk PUT on RSP(technically a spread but that is just to reduce cost/manage the trade). The bet is this bounces off resistance(same as SPY). Depending on the bounce huge potential gains, but I would probably exit sooner rather than later on this one, anything above 25% gains unless it is showing strong legs downward
rsp-spread.png

rsp-chart.png

Last edited:

Haus

<Silver Donator>
An lo I awoke this morning to a vison of bull Jesus, and he said onto me... "Today you shall have the girthy green candle and go above your projected growth channel..." and so it came to pass....
Daily chart...
1724161919201.png

All praise be to Bull Jesus.....
bulljesus2.jpeg

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Yea, that GOVX was a massive jump from penny stock status. Risky move, but I guess you knew that. I would cut the losses on that one.

I took 2 new positions, one "low" risk spread on PDD, goal is for it to stay below 160. While it does have some upward momentum, it is approaching overbought and outside top BB. It would need a full 2.3 ATR move upward to start causing a loss
It's a 25k bet for potential 6-7k return.
View attachment 542351
View attachment 542352

The other more "high" risk PUT on RSP(technically a spread but that is just to reduce cost/manage the trade). The bet is this bounces off resistance(same as SPY). Depending on the bounce huge potential gains, but I would probably exit sooner rather than later on this one, anything above 25% gains unless it is showing strong legs downward
View attachment 542356
View attachment 542357

it was a lulz play so i went in only for $1000

im just gonna hold it until its back in the green even if takes a few years. i was comfortable with losing all of it when i made that buy