The Walking Dead

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, we do too, we wait until 8:30 to start watching. I just never actually sat down and counted how long each commercial was. I had to watch last week's episode online, and saw that the run time was just a shade over an hour for an hour and a half long aired episode.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think my favorite scene besides negans zingers was Maggie and the apple. Made that dude look like a bitch.

If I had to guess he tries to get rid of Maggie and his people turn on him.

Cybsled

Ya, dude is backstabber. I mean, he already tried to sell them out and ended up losing his liquor by accident ;p

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
That's why I dvr it and watch it later to skip everything.
Usually do the same. If I'm not busy I'll watch something when it premieres.
I think my favorite scene besides negans zingers was Maggie and the apple. Made that dude look like a bitch.

If I had to guess he tries to get rid of Maggie and his people turn on him.
Gregory's inept. Doubt he will last very long.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've never been a huge fan of Rosita, but she looked damn good last episode.

Picture spoiled due to size. It's not from the show.
Christian-Serratos.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Her PETA one was awesome but probably dressed up quite a bit.
Mid season finale drew 10.6 million. Down 6.4 million viewers since episode 1 this season.
AMC is blaming Negan. Fans are blaming killing off major characters and the slow story line this year.
People are wanting action and bad ass Rick group doing things, instead getting sappy story lines and filler episodes.
They stand to lose many millions per episode in ad dollars if they can't bring the viewers back.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I don't know one single person who actually enjoys watching this show and thinks it's good. The sentiment seems to be they all grudgingly watch it out of some unknown self loathing. I stopped watching in Season 3 and picked it back up hoping Negan would be awesome. Checked right back out on Ep 3.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well negan is awesome. The fragmented story arcs are really dumb because it forces episodes to focus on one person (like the Tara shit episode), and that's probably my biggest complaint.

Seeing Rick neutered feels good

I wish negan used Lucille again though.

Midseason finale just solidified were going to spend the entire season with a lot of diplomacy then 1 or 2 episodes of action at the end. Probably just 1.

What the fuck the point of having king Ezekiel and the mother fucker is in one goddamn episode??

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Her PETA one was awesome but probably dressed up quite a bit.
Mid season finale drew 10.6 million. Down 6.4 million viewers since episode 1 this season.
AMC is blaming Negan. Fans are blaming killing off major characters and the slow story line this year.
People are wanting action and bad ass Rick group doing things, instead getting sappy story lines and filler episodes.
They stand to lose many millions per episode in ad dollars if they can't bring the viewers back.

AMC is retarded. Negan is the only character holding up the season this year. The reason for the drop in viewers is due to the completely horrid and laughably bad writing with character interactions which are putting people to sleep. Christ, even 75% of the mid-season finale was filled with "Talk... talk? Lets talk" ... "I don't trust the saviors. I have a feeling you don't either". Really? Once again, no shit. None of the character interactions aside from Negan do anything what so ever on an emotional level or character building progression. It's stale, bland, eye rolling, and absolutely 100% not needed to advance character plot story lines which are God Awful aside from Negan's.

Negan is the only reason why I am watching right now, and AMC is full of moronic idiots if they do not realize that. Sounds like someone is scapegoating to save their ass over at AMC.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
like the Tara shit episode

And that episode.... Jesus. Who thinks that's a good idea. And yeah,. where is the King? One episode this season. Guy has acting chops and blows away any of the main group from not only that, but a character stand point. I cared more for that character after one episode than any of the other dipshits in the main group over the last 6 and a half seasons.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
It was pretty apparent what is going to happen from the preview of next season at the end of the episode without even have read the comics.
They are going to spend 7 episodes gathering an army and there will be some little battles and the season finale will be a big battle, or knowing AMCs writing a shitty lead up to a battle we don't see until next year.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am not even going to watch episodes 9-15. I'll watch Episode 16 and call it a day. I think from here on out I'll just watch episodes 1, 8, and 16. Because everything else in between is utter trash.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well negan is awesome. The fragmented story arcs are really dumb because it forces episodes to focus on one person (like the Tara shit episode), and that's probably my biggest complaint.

Seeing Rick neutered feels good

I wish negan used Lucille again though.

Midseason finale just solidified were going to spend the entire season with a lot of diplomacy then 1 or 2 episodes of action at the end. Probably just 1.

What the fuck the point of having king Ezekiel and the mother fucker is in one goddamn episode??
CGI budget for his pet ran out?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And that episode.... Jesus. Who thinks that's a good idea. And yeah,. where is the King? One episode this season. Guy has acting chops and blows away any of the main group from not only that, but a character stand point. I cared more for that character after one episode than any of the other dipshits in the main group over the last 6 and a half seasons.
i think they went grrl power this season because of the election, honestly either i am going crazy or they used negan as a symbol of white male oppression/patriarchy and so all the TWD women are strong and rebellious while the males have all been cucked and are only growing a backbone now due to the female influence.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Negan wasn't the issue...the issue was they murdered Glenn in a really gory way. I know it stayed true to the comic, but a huge segment of the viewing audience are women and I never met one who didn't like the Glenn+Maggie pairing. And it is understandable...all sorts of fucked up stuff and you have a loving couple you want to see succeed...then Glenn's head does an imitation of a watermelon at a Gallagher concert.

Then you had tons of filler episodes, including the shitastic beach one which no one liked. They also went ham on the extended episodes....then nothing happened. Game of Thrones gets an extra long episode and they make it count at least. The 90 min TWD episodes could easily be cut down to an hour and you wouldn't lose too much. Everytime they have a 90 minute episode, it usually amounts to like 60 seconds of something good and the rest is random character stuff that could probably be condensed and still get the same point across.

You could have snipped the entire Michonne in the car bit for starters. It didn't really do much for her character beyond give her a free silencer to use ;p

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I know the premier turned off a couple of my friends. The jerks that got me watching this train wreck of a show. It's not consistently a good show and the gore just put the nail in the coffin.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I stopped reading the comic for a while after Glenn's death but eventually came back and now like it quite a bit. Maybe the viewing audience will do the same?

Those filler episodes though. Holy fuck. I just came back this season to see some Negan after leaving in the season that had the Governor shooting his own people and this season was giving me flashbacks to the farm from season two. I gave up a couple episodes in and nothing anyone posted here has inspired me to catch back up.

Comic remains decent though if anyone likes but doesn't like the show.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I love Negan and King Ezekiel. Would watch a spinoff of their last 2 years up to the point they run into Rick's tribe. Makes me wonder if something like that would ever happen. The show is fun to me when they get into the survival aspect of a post apocalyptic world.

Oldbased

> Than U
At least 2 of the next 8 episodes are complete departures from the comics as in never happened and not part of the timeline but it at least sounds entertaining. It directly involves the boots you saw mid season finale. The reason they only showed boots is the person they belong too wasn't cast yet when it was filmed. It also involves why you saw super spiked Doomsday type walker in one of the preview scenes. THAT should be a interesting group to say the least, or I would hope so.

Kind of hope we see more weird shit like this either way more.
( From previews at end of episode )

vdyr709o143y.png

Last edited: